Sunday, December 20, 2009

Home At Last

We arrived home late Friday night. Today (Sunday) is the first time Katie has begun to attempt to eat...she continues to throw up a couple of times per day due to withdrawal from the morphine. She was sad this morning when she could not go to church...after daddy and Laura Beth left, Katie and I got out her Princess Barbie dolls and Barbie house and she forgot all about not getting to go to church. Every day she is getting some stronger. She continues to have meltdowns and cry about having cancer but hopefully that will get better as time progresses. Tomorrow, she and I have to go back to Houston to get a check up with the BMT clinic and probably get blood and platelets. Thank you for all your prayers and gifts...we really appreciate them.

4 comments:

  1. Praise God that you and Katie are finally home. I know that it will be tough for a while but sooo much better than hospital. I pray that Katie does well on tests and you are back home in a hurry. Merry Christmas and a Great New Year to you all.
    Prayers and Email Hugs
    Moa White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the trip to BMT went well and you are safe home by now. Praying for Katies strength and joyful spirit to return. Have great days at home and my prayer is no complications during the Holidays, believing God for all good things. Lois Williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is Lori and I am really good friends with Angela Bryant and she added your daughter to our prayer list at church. I blog and am following you now and will add your daughter to my prayer list. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. Glad you are home and hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl glade you are home. We almost had to go in with you. But Bubba said no and the doctors let us do antibotics at home. Little B hasnt been to BVR in about a month because of being sick. I am glade you get to spend Christmas at home. I am always thinking of you and Katie. You are always in my prayers. I understand about no sleep at the hospital. Then the nurses and doctors wounder why we are so gripy after weeks of no sleep. Have a wounderful Christmas and chearse each and every day with those beautiful girls.
    Love Always,
    Lauree and Little B

    ReplyDelete