Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sad Days

Last night and this morning were really tough for Katie. She was very upset and crying for several hours last night. I think that the meltdown was due to the pain she was having but to be truthful she needed to cry and get it out. She told me how much she loves and misses her sister and her daddy. She also told me how much she misses her 'normal' life (i.e. dance class with her friends, going to daycare with Kate Hagaman, playing with her sister.) It hurt so much to see her little heart breaking. And of course she told me how much she hates the nurses and being in the hospital where 'they do things to hurt her'.

This afternoon was some better after they got her a morphine pump that we have control of. It gives her a continuous low dose of morphine and then when I feel she needs more I can hit a button to give her a little more. The nurse also got her anti-nausea medication scheduled for every 4 hours instead of every 8.

But there is a bright spot....tonight my mother and sister are going to come stay with Katie while I go out to eat with a friend. Then tomorrow, Grandma and Grandpa are stopping by on their way home from Uncle Pie's funeral. And on Saturday Laura Beth and William are coming up for the Christmas celebration! Maybe this will lift her spirits. The nurse said it is going to be a rough week for us...but hopefully her blood counts will start to come up and the mouth sores will go away and she can go home soon.

4 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you and family and to Katie hurting so much. Indeed I am praying for Katie to have Peace and Comfort regardless of the circumstances she finds herself. Believing you both will have a good night and feel God's love. Lois, Clyde and Logan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christa Your poor Katie. I know that the pain she is feeling is twice as bad for you cause you are the Mom but you are at least there to comfort her and stay with her when she needs you. You have gone thru soo much this last year and you deserve so many good things. It really is ok to get discouraged and angry at times casue it is your child and if someone has not gone thru hospital times with their child they just really do not understand it all. You just need to remember that God and your "Family" are with you. I am so glad she will get to see everyone this weekend with you being able to help keep her pain undr controll it will make things better when she gets to see the family. You just take care of yourself and Keep the faith and have a good night,day and weekend.
    Prayers and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Katie each day. Glad to hear you are getting out for a few hours.
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! I'm sure it's so hard to watch and see her be so sad. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete