Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas...Happy Birthday...With a touch of sadness

I would like to say that we hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I hope that as this new year begins that you remember, each and every day, how very important it is to enjoy every moment that you have with your family. We were reminded of this when we learned of a friend of William's who was killed in a car accident on Christmas day. Chris Heath was the son of William's boss and the son of William's first grade teacher. He was 26 years old. Please pray for this family. As we already know it is very hard to lose your child, no matter how old they are.

Yesterday was Katie's 4th birthday. And it was a wonderful day! She enjoyed the day with both sets of grandparents, all her cousins, and aunts and uncles. She even ate a little of her hot dog and birthday cake. We truly had a great day. As a result today was not so great...Katie was exhausted from playing more than she has in about 2 months. We had to go to Houston again today and she slept all the way there and back...and then took a nap when we got home.




Please continue to pray for us as we attempt to go back to life as normal...Katie will begin going back to daycare as she is able...I will go back to work (though there may be some changes there) and hopefully Katie will get to go back to dance class in January. Thank you for all of your prayers and support.

***Side note: Layla was discharged from the hospital the Monday after we were. She is having many of the same problems that we are. But just as we are...she is continuing to get some better every day.***

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for all his miracles. Christa those are the greatest pictures of Katie. I am so happy for all of you. I want to thank you for allowing me and many others to travle this journey with you via the net. I have laughed and cried thru your blogs this year and have relived a lot of things. I am so glad that things are beginning to return to normal for all of you and will pray that it will continue to do so. You have been such a strong person thru this and I know you will continue to be one. May this new year bring nothing but blessings and answered prayers for all.
    Prayers and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday Katie!!!!

    Love, Bonnie, John and Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of y'all on Katie's birthday. I remember that day 4 years ago so well. I can also look and see how much you have grown, not just Katie. You are an excellent mom, even when the days are hard. Reminds me of Isaiah 40:31. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!! I DID NOT REALIZE THAT MY SISTER'S BIRTHDAY AND YOURS WERE SO CLOSE. I DID THINK ABOUT YOU THIS PAST WEEKEND. LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD FUN. GET A BIG HUG FROM YOUR MOM FROM ME...LOVE YOU, MS. MARY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Christa,
    Was so glad to meet you and to see William, after so many years. Sorry it was under such sad circumstances like Chris's death.
    Happy Bithday to Katie. I am so glad it was a good day for everyone. I hope this New year brings many blessings to all of you. You have been so strong thru all of this. I know God will keep bestowing his blessings on you and your family. Let me know if I can help.
    Love you,
    Lois Gray

    ReplyDelete