Wednesday, December 2, 2009
A bright spot
Some ladies came by today with all kinds of things for Katie and her room. They brought a bean bag chair, a rug, a soft pink blanket, a Dora blanket, a Dora doll who dances, ballerina sheets, books, and pajamas. She wasn't too happy at the time but I did see a smile on her face for the first time today. Then the nurse gave her some morphine for her mouth pain and she felt ALOT better. She has been playing in her bed and drawing. Tonight the hospital provided me with food from Jason's Deli. The guy who brought it said that on the day of transplant that the BMT floor provides food for the family. They provided enough for 3 or 4 people! It was good and I have left overs for tomorrow and maybe the next day! So all in all the day has turned for the better. Thank you for all of your prayers...we can certainly feel them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am up at 5:30 a.m. thinking of Katie and praying she will feel better. It is great that organizations are able to come in and give smiles to children at a time that seems overwhelming to small ones. I am continuously thinking and praying for Katie. I love her and Laura Beth as if they were my own grandchild and I know she will better after all this. I miss her and tell her I love her. And I love you too.
ReplyDeleteKeep the FAITH and we will see you both soon.
Love,
MimiSharon
So happy that you and Katie had someone come and bring some joy to your day. Sounds like Katie has a nicely decorated room now and I know you were glad to have something other than hospital food. I never did get use to it. You two have a good day today and Prayers are with you. JUst think one day closer to going home.
ReplyDeletePrayers and Email Hugs
Mona White
JUst now saw the pictures as I scrolled down. You and William have the cutest girls. The light in their eyes is so beautiful and I know they are a true blessing to you both.
ReplyDeleteMona White