Friday, December 18, 2009

Ode to Sleep...

Exhausted...laying on a hard couch...takes forever to fall asleep...brain is swimming with all the commotion during the day...almost asleep.

"MOMMY I have to go to the bathroom!" Awake again!

Falling asleep...BEEP BEEP BEEP...IV alarms going off....call the nurse, hit the silence button..

Falling asleep...PCA comes in to weigh my daughter...screaming because she doesn't want to

Help PCA...go back to bed...falling asleep...Nurse comes in to administer medication...

Falling asleep...BEEP BEEP BEEP...Alarms going off again..call nurse, hit silence button...

Falling asleep..."MOMMY I have to go potty!" Awake again...

Falling asleep...PCA comes in to take vitals and wakes me up to ask if she has a wet pull up!.... (how should I know...I WAS asleep)

Falling asleep...doctor comes in...it is morning already!

--Christa Connor

-----------------------------------------------------------
Now you see why we want to go home! We are tired... Please pray that Katie does well over the holidays and that we all get some rest...love you all...

1 comment:

  1. I hope as I write this you all are home in your own beds!!Sweet Dreams, All of us at BVRC continue to pray for all of you. Carol

    ReplyDelete