Tuesday, August 4, 2009

WOW...

We were having a really good day. Katie and I have colored pictures, watched TV, played 'go fish', watched a puppet show, made a puppet, and made an elephant with glitter. And all of that is just since William left and they began the chemotherapy. BUT you notice I said we were having a good day. Right now I am listening to her scream at the TOP of her lungs in what I would call a FULL FLEDGE COMPLETE BREAKDOWN MELTDOWN...and this has been going on for about 30 minutes. She is tired (got up at 5 and has not had a nap), upset because we are back at the hospital, and the dexamethasone (steroid that is suppose to help with the nausea that the chemotherapy causes) is really working on her! But good gracious....please pray for peace and a good night's rest. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Poor poor baby! I understand meltdowns and screaming and all the stuff our little angels can do! I hope she calms down for you and for herself. This has got to be extremely tough on everyone! Is there any medicine that might help calm her down or sleepy or help with any pain she's having? Remember, it will all be over soon! You're in our prayers.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell katie good morning for me and i got her blanket i forgot to bring it to work with me this morning but i will try to bring it tommorow. Then come and bring it by during my lunch hour!!!!!!!! it is so so so adorable i think she will love it and it will be eaiser for yall to carry with you and its like a bag so you can put other stuff in it to!! And i hope today is and stays a good day!Oh and mrs.berryhill who didnt used to be a prayer warrior is now and is praying for katie she knows what it's like she is on chemo herself! and sorry for writing so much i just havnt seen you online sis!!!
    I love you!
    And im gonna txt manuel and ask him about what i might could do about your phone pics!
    love,
    The proudest Auntie Ashee in the world

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie is precious. I am so sorry your family has to go through this. My son is now a 5 yr survior. He was dx with NB in 2004 when he was 4 months. If you need anything or just bwant ot talk please let me know

    Athena
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/alexanderjamesblack
    or

    http://www.carepages.com/carepages/AlexanderB

    ReplyDelete