Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Good Times...NO...Great Times

Today has been WONDERFUL. Katie spent the morning laying in bed watching PBS, and singing to herself/her toys. And I got a little bit of a nap. This afternoon, Katie and I went for a walk up to the 16th floor to do laundry and play in the library. Katie had fun putting puzzles together in the library. She saw another little boy and commented that he had an IV too. Then she proceeded to tell him about her IVs and how a central line was better. Then the two of them showed their battle scars (he had had heart surgery). It was so much fun to see her talking to another kid, laughing, and having fun. Now...as soon as the nurse brings us a bucket we are going to do a craft...did I mention with glitter! LOL The glitter strikes again! Those blasted Radio Lollipop people... =) But to tell the truth we have a lot of fun with glitter....and pink buckets make it manageable. William will be here tonight so the posts for the rest of the week will be from him. Pray that he doesn't cause too much raucous while he is here...he isn't as polite as I am **wink**

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad she had a GREAT day. We miss her and can't wait until she gets to come home. You and Laura Beth be careful coming home tonight. If you can, post pictures with the glitter. It does us all good to see her smile.

    Love you,
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like today was a gift from God.I am So glad both of you had a good day. I have always loved glitter and know how much funnnnnnnn it can be.
    Glad you and Laura Beth will get to spend some TIME together. May God Bless all of you.
    Prayers and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI KATIE WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW ARE YOU HAVING FUN DOING YOUR CRAFTS WHAT KIND OF CRAFTS ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW I BET THEY ARE PRETTY I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETER SOON LOVE ASHLYN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that ya'll had a wonderful day! What a blessing. Oh, and glitter is good-- as long as it's purple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for good days!!!! You are always in my prayers. Erin Richie

    ReplyDelete