Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Better Days Ahead
Yesterday was a perfectly AWFUL day. Work stunk...I washed my cell phone and keys (ruined the cell phone), found out sonic where I get my daily coffee will no longer be serving lattes, washed a pen in with my favorite jacket and got an ink stain on it...to say the least it was an awful day...BUT today has been much better. We found out that Katie has met the criteria to have the etoposide (oral chemotherapy medicine) through her IV. That helps ALOT because she hates to take it by mouth. And we are going to get a room (908) this afternoon. They are cleaning it now. This in itself is amazing since it usually takes about 12 hours after we see the oncologist to get a room (that would have made it about 11 tonight). Anyway thank you for all of your prayers. Katie and I will be here until Sunday. William and Laura Beth will be at home and come pick us up when it is time to go. The oncologist reports that IV etopside is harder, as far as side effects, than previous chemotherapies. So please keep Katie in your prayers for good health. And pray that her bone marrow is clear when it gets tested again on Friday August 14th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey,
ReplyDeleteChrista i just wanted to let you know dont throw away your cell. I can try to retrieve your pics off i may not be able to but its worth a shot.
Dont worry katie did is always in my prayers and the prayers of almost every person ive ever met!
Love ya'll
Love,Auntie Ashee
That does sound like a bad day. I hope the week gets better. :) Todd washed his phone in the washer last week, and I know someone else who I won't out on your blog that had an aquatic mishap with her phone as well. Definitely praying for y'all.
ReplyDelete