Saturday, August 29, 2009

update

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know that the chemo started at 1:00 pm. So far so good on the upset stomach. Katie is still eating good and seems to be feeling good. We took a walk around the ninth floor just a few minutes ago to see if the playroom was open, but it was not. It was still good to get out of the room and move around some. We are back in the room waiting on visitors Nana, Pop, and Ashley. The chemo will be ending around 7:30 pm. Thanks again to all of you for everything. Gods power because of your prayers on Katies behalf has made all this progress a reality instead of a hope. I know faith is believing in things not seen, but if you new how bad Katie was then and how good she is now you might think of faith as believing because of what you have seen. Katies recovery from this bacterial infection IS proof that God does exist and that God is in control and always will be. I hope all of you have a great night and may God bless you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Christa, this is Patricia Gonzales, your mom's friend who now lives in San Benito, TX. Wow, how uncanny to run into you on here! I was looking things up re: making Aliyah to Israel as I am Jewish by birth. And saw a blog on eBlogger. Then I clicked on the link to making my own blog site and voila! Up popped this article and I immediately knew it was little Ktie! I am so glad that she got over that horrendous infection. Did they ever find out the bug that was causing it? I have been posting on the Caring Bridges site since I first found out about it. And praying for Katie! I have asked friends, prayer lines, and asked folks to have their churches pray for her, as well. Never can be too covered in prayer!

    I was very devastated when I first heard about Katie's illness. I cried for hours. I barely knew your mother. We met when I had a garage sale and I was selling an oxygen concentrator. Your mom bought it. We talked for a long time and became friends then and have remained friends ever since!

    I want to encourage you to read the book of Psalms or if you can get a recording of the Psalms and play them in the background as you pray, do housework, etc. and let those words go to "your brain", they will instill in you a sense of peace and acceptance of Gd's grace, love and healing. Nothing is too much for Him, and it is, of course, in His time.

    I am glad to find this new site from you and will be posting here, too. Tell her husband hello from me and that both of you, along with Katie, are in my prayers and thoughts. I knonw it has to be difficult. I can't imagine how difficult unless I compare it to when my beloved Daniel was battling liver cancer (which is rarely, if ever, curable) and lost his battle on Aug. 19, 2002. My life has been upside down ever since. Mostly because I am alone and don't have alot of support from anyone except online friends. My children are all on their own and with their jobs and college and children, they seldom keep up with other family members unless that person lives near them. And I can't stretch myself between Florida, Ohio, and two places in TX (Houston and Azle)... so anyway, I just keep to myself and use my internet to stay in touch as best as I (and they) can.

    Hugs and love to you all,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete