Friday, May 21, 2010

Update

Please pray for us. I was trying to encourage Katie today and she told me, "I have given up. This cancer is too big for us to kill." My heart broke into a million pieces. My little girl is so tired and in so much pain. She got her first dose of radiation today and our wonderful nurse Judy got her a morphine pump. We are hoping to figure out how to get out of this place today. We will get ALOT more sleep at the Ronald McDonald house. Thank you for your prayers.

9 comments:

  1. I prayed you will get into McDonald House, get rest, and that God's Spirit will fill Katie with His love, His strenght and His encouragement. I will remember you and Katie and William throughout the day for strength and to heal that broken heart. God is working. Tell Katie we all remember her singing Jesus Loves Me at Church, we need her to get well and come back to sing and let Laura Beth sing with her. Lois Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying that you get in the McDonald House for some much needed sleep for both of you. I pray that God will put the "million pieces" of your heart back together and Baby Kate will get relief from this pain.

    We check this website every hour or so to keep up with you guys.

    Love and many prayers,
    Jerry and Linda Stott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell Katie that the cancer is too big for us to kill, but God can do ANYTHING. He is bigger than elephants, bigger than airplanes, bigger than hospitals and bigger than cancer. Also tell her that we are asking God to just knock that cancer out past the moon so it can never come back near her. We love her, what would we do without her smiling face??? We need her!!! Love, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell Katie that God can kill cancer and the devil wants her to give up and do not give up. Keep on fighting. God is bigger than anything and strength to fight comes from God. I know how much she loves and I love her so much. I love it when she comes running up to me and hugs me at Church. I look forward to that every Sunday. She is my hero. Love you Katie, Ms. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christa sooo sorry to hear Katie's remark.I pray that God will send her strength and you also. Ronald McDonald house will help out I know I pray that you get to go there. May God Put his arms around all of you and you feel his strenght and hope.
    Prayers and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Christa, Please tell Katie she is so tough. When I get scared and feel like giving up I sing "This Little Light of Mine", I know it sounds silly but it makes me feel better. I can feel God put his arms around me, I always feel better when I sing. I am praying for you both, and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Katie! Has she seen the Veggie Tales DVD "Where's God when I am Scared?" There is a really cute bouncy upbeat song about "God is bigger than the boogeyman, He's bigger than godzilla or the monsters on TV, oh God is Bigger than the boogeyman and He is watching out for you and me" You can change it to "...bigger than godzilla or the cancer inside of me...."
    Praying always,
    Bonnie, John and Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie is the Bravest person I know, after a good nights rest I hope she feels like fighting another day.. Christa, you and William are truly held by God today. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love the Dill Family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just praying for your heart today. I know it is hurting beyond what we can imagine!

    ReplyDelete