Thursday, May 27, 2010

L...O...N...G... Day

Like Tuesday...today we spend ALL day at TCH. It is crazy that the Methodist hospital can push 100 cc of fluid in her in about 3 minutes while TCH takes TWO hours to do the same amount...Anyway...Katie has a urinary tract infection from having a Foley (probably bacteria from her diarrhea). They gave her some IV medication today, took out the Foley, pumped her full of some fluid and NOW it is just hurry up and wait for her to urinate. Hopefully she will be able to urinate on her own sometime tonight. If not we have to go back to TCH tomorrow (and I am sure spend the day! grrr...and I had just made a massage appointment for myself for tomorrow afternoon!)

On to better news....William and Laura Beth are coming in tonight. I am so excited to see my monkey again! I don't talk about Laura Beth enough on the blog but you should know she is a wonderful little girl who is almost two years old... she has endured so much while in the background...

Hopefully (keep your fingers crossed) we will get to go home tomorrow and spend the weekend there. I think it will do good for Katie. Also I signed up to work as a contract therapist with BVRC again! I am very excited. I loved my job there and know that I will enjoy it again. I will also continue working for Coker Rehab (the company that I have been working with for about six months doing home health, ECI, and the Madisonville schools). They have been wonderfully flexible and an absolutely wonderful company to work with! Strangely I will be working with COTAs (certified occupational therapy assistants) who are named Jennifer in BOTH places! The good thing for me is that I love them both to pieces! They are wonderful!

Also in in the good news venue is that Katie is eating more! She is still in pain and needs the morphine about every 4 hours as scheduled BUT she is eating more and that is a good sign!

Prayer for today: Katie can urinate without pain tonight!

3 comments:

  1. I read the blog at 7ish, I will continue thru the night to pray Katie can urinate and you will have a great day with the whole family tomorrow. So good to hear that Katie is feeling better and eating some. Always on my heart and in prayer, I cannot even imagine the pain you have endured. God Bless, Lois
    God's delays are not God's denials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that today has been better. So hoping you get to go home for the weekend! And this Jennifer (you seem to get fortunate enough to have two at times ;) )Thinks you are a great OT and a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I'm crazy excited that we might be seeing you again this summer!

    I hope that the reason you haven't updated is that things went well, and you got your massage.

    ReplyDelete