"There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides across the heavens to help you, across the skies in majestic splendor. The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you." ---Deuteronomy 33:26-27 NLT
The past two weeks have been very difficult for William and I. To be honest, this week we have felt that Katie was the closest to death than she has ever been. She probably was closer at other times but due to the pain and fatigue that she has had this week we felt death could be imminent. And I think she felt it too. We, both, have been in tears dozes of times this week. BUT we have felt all of your prayers. We have felt the 'everlasting arms' of God around us. Even in the midst of sheer terror and sadness we have felt peace at times. Katie is beginning to feel much better. I think the first dose of radiation is beginning to make some difference and we have found the right dose of morphine. We even had her up walking this morning twice...of course she was yelling the whole way (not because she was in pain but because she was ticked that we are making her walk). Of course the OT in me had to have her get up and moving...She is sleeping now from sheer exhaustion. Her body is very tired but I am beginning to see her feisty spirit come back. We are going to get to leave the hospital tonight after her last dose of chemo for this round. We will stay in the Ronald McDonald house nearby. She will have 10 doses of radiation (until June 4th). I am hoping that after a couple of doses that she can once again do it without sedation. She will have the Foley catheter in until Tuesday. On Tuesday they will take the Foley out and see if she can urinate on her own. If she can then we will leave it out...if she can't then we will have it put back in for a little longer.
That is about all the news right now. I am looking forward to seeing my little monkey tomorrow (Laura Beth)! I miss her so much when I am here with Katie in the hospital. I know that she is well taken care of when I am gone BUT I miss her! She is growing so much...my little monkey is such a busy girl!
Thank you for all of your prayers. Several times during this ordeal, William and I just can't find the words to pray...and your prayers hold us up. THANKS! You are the warriors on our side!
"Elisha told him. 'For there are more on our side than on theirs.' Then Elisha prayed, 'O Lord, open his eyes and let him see.' The Lord opened his servant's eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire." --2 Kings 6:15-17 NLT
PRAISE GOD ON HIGHEST. Christa this is the best post I could imagine right now. I was soo worried about all of you. Your little sweetie is so precious and this is just great.I want to go out in the street and just yell blessings to God. You all just have a good visit and I know Laura Beth will be soooo happy to see you too. Hope all continues as good.
ReplyDeletePrayers, Love and Email Hugs
Mona White
The power of prayer! I knew she would rally!! She is a mighty warrior of GOD!! So glad to hear it, I am in tears I am soooo HAPPY!!! Still praying for God to keep her spirits up and the fiesty girl to continue to fight! Way to go Katie!!
ReplyDeleteMy heart just broke into a million pieces reading the last few posts!!! I thought of Katie and your whole family frequently last night at Relay For Life. So glad to know that yall are out of the hospital for now!! I'm just praying that God would have mercy on Katie...that she would be in very little pain. We are cheering for you Katie!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
The Rose Family
Can you give us your email address???
ReplyDelete