Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Goodbye May...and Good Riddance!

Hello June! Hope you prove to be a better month than May was. Katie has been in pain the entire month of May and continues to be so. She was unable to urinate completely on Thursday night/Friday morning (she could urinate some but was unable to completely empty her bladder and it was painful for her...by Friday morning her belly was swelling again.) At first they told us that we would have to begin straight cathing her (put it in, drain her bladder, and take it out...repeat in 4-6 hours). Even Dr. Russell came by and confirmed this. About 2 hours later the urology nurse came up and told us that her boss did NOT think that straight cathing was necessary and we could put the Foley back in even though she had a pretty nasty urinary tract infection. I was very very very ticked off! I was glad that we were not going to have to straight cath her BUT couldn't they have gotten their story straight before coming to talk to me AND making me wait and worrying for TWO hours. We were lucky that Becky Elbel came by to give Katie a present. Becky was kind enough to take Laura Beth with her since Laura Beth was having a hard time being at TCH and it was going to get kind of crazy with the Foley getting put back in. THANKS BECKY.

The weekend was tolerable. Katie continued to have pain, diarrhea, and to be hard to be around. I understand why she is being rude but it is still hard to deal with...This month has been the hardest we have had to endure...I think it has been harder to deal with than the whole previous year put together. We are tired...Katie is tired and it is very hard to deal with her pain. Please continue to pray for us. In our heads we know that God has a plan for our family and in our heads we know that he is a loving God who takes care of us at all times BUT in our hearts we are wondering about it all...at times it is hard to believe in God when your precious first born child, who you wanted for so long, in so much pain. Again thanks for holding us up in prayer...it is the most important thing you can do for us.

5 comments:

  1. I do so pray that June will be a better month. Sometimes Hearts and Heads do not work together and it really puts a strain on you and all of the family just do not get down on yourself or any of the faimily cause this is the hardest thing to go thru. You have the Mother emotion and you want to be strong but you have to be just human too with all the emotions that go with it. You may have to get out of the hospital for a while and just scream you head off and let the emotions go. I do hope that things will calm down and Katie and all of you will have less pain.
    Prayers, Love and Email Hugs
    MOna White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue to pray for your family and am asking our heavenly Father to comfort you in His closeness. Hope June is a calmer month for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christa and William,

    You are dealing with so much right now I don't know how you even function. I was hoping when you got home things would be so much better and Katie would not be in as much pain. I know it is so hard for you to see her like this. Yes, God has a plan and I know you trust him with all your heart but it doesn't make it any easier for you. It is okay to be mad, scared, sad and frustrated all at the same time. I just pray that Katie's pain goes away and she will be able to urinate. I really enjoyed Laura Beth. She is a precious little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is she still on morphine? I hope they haven't taken that away from her--even if she was sleeping all time, she would not be in pain.
    God Bless you and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sound slike you need a break. Even if it is for the day. Go to a hotel room and sleep!!! Is there anyone who can come up and help you?

    ReplyDelete