Friday, June 18, 2010

Prayers & Choices

Today was Katie's last day of chemo for this round. All in all, she has tolerated it well. Her diarrhea has subsided. She is urinating on her own, but has had to be catheterized a few times due to her bladder not completely emptying. She is walking but continues to walk on tip-toes for her left foot...

Next Thursday Katie has her scans. These scans (CT & MIBG) will let us know where we are in terms of her disease (has it remained stable, gotten better OR gotten worse). The results of these scans determine our next course of action. Please pray for God's will to be done. It is so hard for us to pray for that...but yet it is what we pray because we know that his will is far better than what we can see. Why is it hard? You must keep in mind that God's will may not be for Katie to be healed on this earth...and that breaks our hearts. BUT there is hope. There is a little boy named Colby who has also been fighting this battle...and his scans yesterday showed that he is disease free after six months without treatment! Colby lives in College Station & his oncologist is Dr. Russell. You may have even read about him in the Eagle a couple of months back...there was an article about Children's Miracle Network and he was mentioned and his picture was on the front page. I am grateful to hear about his miracle...and pray for one for my daughter.

Also the Make-A-Wish volunteer came by today to start us on the paperwork needed for us to get a wish (we have been approved but there is alot of paperwork to be done to make it all happen). Originally we wanted to do a Disney Cruise because Katie loves fish and we thought she would enjoy this. But it doesn't look like a cruise is in our future because she has been needing blood products frequently and we would not have that available to us on a cruise ship. BUT Disney World looks like a good option. William & I are just trying to find something that she would enjoy and be able to do...after looking around the website it looks like Epcot has plenty she would LOVE! Please keep us in your prayers as we make the decision on what to do. This trip would be a chance for us to just be a family and enjoy some time together...we need that!

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us....we appreciate it...the squeaky wheel gets the oil!

4 comments:

  1. Disney would be a wonderful trip for y'all. The Disney folks really do try to make every guest feel special, and I was amazed to see how they went above and beyond for us so that Connor could enjoy our visit. I know they'll make it even better for y'all.

    I highly recommend the site allears.net for planning what you want to do. It's got every detail you can think of, including what attractions are likely to be closed for rehab during your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Katie did good during her treatments and that you all are going to get to go on a trip and as you said just be a family. All of you will love Disney World It is a magical place. My prayers are of course for Katie's healing. One of course for God's Plan. I know it is hard for that Prayer but it is one that must be said. You just be a Mom and the great Lady I have learned to admire. Your family is blessed to have you cause I know of some Moms who would have given up a long time ago.
    Prayers,Love and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad MAW finally contacted you!!! Disney will be perfect for you guys. Give Kids The World is awesome and make the trip extra special!! Did you check out Discovery Cove in Orlando? I think the is what it is called. The place you can swim with dolphins? Katie would lovvve that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl we did disney with little B. It was great I would recomend you go between Thanksgiving and Christmas it is not so hot and it is pretty with all the lights and decortation. Give me a call and I can tell you about were we stayed and all the stuff they gave us and the free tickets to other things that we got to do. My number is 9792796670.Our prayers are always with you and Katie

    Lauree Hamm

    ReplyDelete