Dr. Russell called this morning. (The nurse called early this morning to let me know that there had been a computer glitch on Friday and they were unable to view the scans on the computer...and since no one could read the scan no one called me.) At any rate....Katie has two new spots of cancer and the previous seen spots have gotten bigger. SO...we are now switching to a different chemotherapy that has an oral and an IV component. We will stay in Houston all next week and Katie will get the chemo Monday-Friday. Also one of the spots on her pelvis looks like it may be soft tissue...so they are going to do a CT scan to find out. IF it is soft tissue then we will do radiation again...As you can imagine we have been knocked off kilter again! It is even harder as we near our one year diagnosis anniversary (May 14th). Please continue to pray for us. We truly are falling apart...the words from a christian song come to mind "Please don't fight these hands that are holding you" I feel as though God is there and holding us in his hands but we are fighting all the way. I don't understand His plan...and I desperately want to make some sense out of all this...again we can really use your prayers now... Thanks...
SIDE NOTE: Katie has a UTI (urinary tract infection) and is having a really hard time with it AND her port is still draining....that means an IV for the chemo next week...yeah! =(
Christa, I wish I had words to make all of pain go away. I know you are right that God has a plan but We all want to know what it is right now all we can do is pray he will show us his plan real soon. All I can say is my prayers are with you, William, Katie and Laura Beth and the entire family. I just hope you can find some peace with all the confusion going on.I Pray that Katie will do ok next week.My Wish Strength for you,Good Health for Katie and patience for William and Laura Beth
ReplyDeletePrayers and email Hugs
Mona White
Dear Christa and family,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the latest news. I am still praying for Katie and all of you. Praying for strength, comfort and healing. Sometimes we just have to "let go and let God."
Much love and prayer,
Lois Gray