Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Today is William and my 7th wedding anniversary. It is bittersweet to be apart today but I am happy that I have shared these past 7 years with my wonderful husband. Last year we celebrated together but it was in the hospital for Katie's first chemo treatment. I thank God that we are at least NOT in the hospital...at least not yet. Katie has not been drinking very much today. She is beginning to become dehydrated again. We will have an office visit with the nurse practitioner tomorrow and I am hoping to get them to put her on IV fluids so that we can prevent going back in the hospital. She is tolerating radiation okay...I am hoping soon that she will be able to do it without sedation. She continues to spend 95% of her time in bed but she is staying awake more and her diarrhea is getting some better. I try to get her up to walk a couple of times during the day, much to her disapproval.

Prayer request for today: That Katie does NOT become dehydrated!

6 comments:

  1. We will continue to pray for Katie.. She is a beautiful little girl!!! I hope one day we can meet her!! Please keep us updated on her.. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!!! Breanne Alder. Palestine TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I know it is hard being apart on your anniversary. Pray that you will be home soon and can celebrate your anniversary at home. Tell Katie I love her and I am praying for her and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved my visit with you yesterday. I know this isn't the best way to spend your anniversary, but know that we are thinking of you all during this time. I love you and wish for you many years of happiness. Give Katie a big hug from all of us!

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christa,
    I am so sorry that you and William have to be apart today. I hope you had a good time under the circumstances, Fri. night though. HAPPY 7th ANNIVERSARY!Doesn't seem like it has been that long. I pray Katie will NOT get dehydrated, In Jesus' Name! And that you will get much needed rest and she will be free from pain and be able to do the radiation without sedation. In Jesus' Name. Give my baby a kiss for me and I am sending you a big hug and kiss too on your anniversary. Love you so much, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY 7TH ANNIVERSARY!! I just seems a couple of years ago I was sitting on the pew watching your smiling face walk down that isle to this guy I hadn't gotten to know. Just watching and listening to you and William together is like seeing God at work building a special relationship for you two to enjoy. You guys are very special people to us. We love you like our own gifts from God.

    Love and Prayers always,
    Linda and Jerry Stott

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY! Wow! God bless you as a family

    ReplyDelete