Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fever...

Katie spiked a fever of a 101 about six tonight. They did a blood culture (fresh stick/poke) and are ordering a urine culture. We also changed the dressing on the site where her port was removed. As you can imagine, she was VERY upset. She is also having very urgent (RIGHT NOW) bowel movements. This is most likely due to the antibiotics but I am not sure. Her blood pressure was okay but her heart rate was high when they checked it earlier. I am praying that her infection has not gone septic (all over her body).

Prayer request for today: Katie's fever goes away and we get to go home tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. of course prayers for our little fighter and all of you. Sorry this happened now. Hang in there and hopefully tests come back ok.
    Prayers and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! :(. So very sorry. Praying for strength, healing and comfort tonight. Much love, Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and Katie. Praying for healing, and comfort for you William and Laura Beth.. We Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crista and William...you do not know me but I am a friend of Katie's Aunt Karla. I have followed all of you daily and I want you to know how much of an inspiration you all are. I am in awe everyday of how your family handles this. Please know that there are so many people you don't even know that pray for you and follow closely your lives. May God be with all of you and especially Katie.

    Pamela Harris

    ReplyDelete