Saturday, May 15, 2010

Christa,

This is a special blog just for you. I want to thank you for being so strong throughout this past year. Many people dont know the extent of the sacrifices you made. I however do. You have been so wonderful through Katies illness. I want everyone to know what you have given up. Christa has a Bachelor of Science degree from ETBU. After she finished achieving that goal she went on to earn a Masters degree in Occupational Therapy. She loves her career, but she loves her family more. This is shown through the devotion to Katie. Christa doesnt get to use her talents as an OT as much as she would like, due to having to drop everything and take care of Katie such as going to Houston because of an infection, or the multiple appointments. Christa has also lost valuable time with our other daughter Laura Beth. Christa is constantly torn between the two of them. She wants to be with them both, but it is not possible. Christa has lost many an hour of sleep over her family. Christa has always been selfless, always putting other people first, this is one reason I love her so much. Christa has cried in my arms for hours over some of the stuff she has had to do to Katie. You dont know what your made of as a parent until you have physically had to hold your child down to force chemo down her throat, all the while Katie is screaming no no no and stop it please, it is as if you violateing her. I can tell you its not easy But Christa does it with grace. She is always strong for Katies sake. Christa is a beautiful Woman inside and out and deserves to lifted up on a pedastool. I want her to know how much I love and appreciate and respect her. She is the best wife a man could ever ask for and the best mom a child could ever be given. I heard it said somewhere that God gives a child the parent that he or she needs. This has never been more true in Katies and Laura Beths case, God really knew as he always does exactly what he was doing. This also proves the verse in the Bible that says before you were in the womb I knew you. Christa, you are a mother among mothers. Katie, Laura Beth and I are very blessed to have you in our lives. God loves you and he will see you through this. Stay strong my love. Thank you for being so awesome and for marrying me and sticking with me. Have a great day my love.



Love,
William

3 comments:

  1. William You and the girls are luck to have Christa but She is luck to have you. It also takes a special Dad and Husband to get thru all of this. I have not met you but have your Dad at Church and L.D. and Cindy's wedding. I feel like I have known all of you for a long time and I can tell you have a strong family and faith. I agree I do no see how anyone can survive anything like this without God's help. As I have told Christa Hang in there and God will show the way. I do hope you get to home tomorrow and Katie and all of you can rest. May God keep all of you in his hands and stay strong.
    Prayers and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  2. William, what a wonderful man you have grown into! Your girls are so lucky to have you and Christa as parents. Christa is lucky to have such a supportive husband. You are all in my prayers daily.
    Love,
    Lois Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. "uncle will",

    I have always known what an awesome guy you are. I'm so happy that Christa found someone like you. Katie and Laura Beth are lucky to have parents like both of you. It's so easy to see the hand that God had in bringing you together. So glad to know and love you both. Praying for you always.

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete