Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Better Day...
Today was a better day...though a little frustrating! LOL Katie woke me up around 4 and said that she couldn't sleep by herself anymore! So I crawled in her bed and held her as we slept...it was precious. What was NOT so precious was when she woke me up at 6 (an hour before the alarm) to let me know she just couldn't sleep any longer! I guess sleeping for 3 weeks straight finally caught her up in the sleep department! Wish I could catch up on sleep. LOL When I did get up around 7 she was hungry and despite the fact that I should not have given her anything due to sedation I gave her some dry cereal. It was the first time she has wanted breakfast. They decided that they will radiate her leg. She was not very happy, though, when she woke up and had markings on her leg...she has pretty much gotten over it. She has eaten more today and is asking for food so that is a good sign. She continues to be pretty cranky but she hasn't needed as much pain medication and has had fewer episodes of diarrhea. So all in all it is an okay day. Today, I have been able to take a nap and read some (Glass Girl is a wonderful book! It is written by Laura Anderson Kurk who is a friend of a friend. She is an amazing writer!). I also get to have a strawberry smoothie every day when at the Methodist Hospital (makes for a great breakfast!) And today I got a free chair massage! Mix that in with the Dr. Pibb for lunch and you have a pretty good day....if you take away Katie's crankiness it would have been wonderful! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww.......you are so precious Christa and you don't even know it! Glad today was better for you! You are such a good mommie! I pray for you and your family everyday!
ReplyDeleteLove and Prayers as always, Ms Julie
Hey Christa
ReplyDeleteThinking about you and Katie.. Praying for you your sweety pie Katie.
-Maria
Christa,
ReplyDeleteAm so glad you had a good day! And glad to hear Katie is a little perkier. That is medicine for your heart.
Christa, you need to keep all your blogs and comments and write a book, using them, someday. It would be a number one seller.
Still praying.
Love,
Lois Gray