Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Excerpts from a Wonderful Day!

Today was a beautiful, wonderful, AWESOME day! Everyone was in a great mood and had a good day at work/daycare. The day was busy & a bit crazy but fun. The following are some fun excerpts from the day....

***Katie and I were discussing her having tests next week and here is what was said:
Katie: "When do I have to go back to the hospital? I mean Texas' Children's!"
Me: "Next week. You have to get your line back in and do tests."
Katie: "What tests?"
Me: "The one with the moon and stars and the one that you have to lay really still for."
Katie: "The one where you and the nurses stand on one side and daddy stand on the other?"
Me: "Yes"
Katie: "And daddy holds my hands and says 'Hey Turkey'. I love it when he calls me TURKEY!!"
-----------------------------------------------

***The following conversation proves that William and I have lost it!
Me: "Don't forget to tell your boss you have a doctor's appointment tomorrow."
William: "What time?"
Me: "8:10" (Looking at my appointment book!)
William: "I thought my appointment was Thursday?"
Me: "Let me look....oh yeah it is Thursday not tomorrow."
A little bit later in the conversation....
William: "If you are taking Katie to dance class, what am I going to do with the baby while I work on the truck?"
Me: "Leave her with your mother I guess."
William: "But they have church tonight."
Me: "No they don't...it is Tuesday! I thought we already established that!" LOL
-----------------------------------------------------

Later Laura Beth drank some Jones Soda that grandma gave her and began to twirl around the room saying "whoa!!!!!!!!!" Then she would stop for a second catch her balance or fall down...and then get back up and start twirling again!
---------------------------------------------------

Have a great wonderful day! =)

4 comments:

  1. Oh How Great It Is to have a normal and crazy family. It sounds like you all are having a great time and that Katie "THE IRON GIRL" is a real trooper and not balking at Dr. appointmens and tests. Laura Beth sounds like a kid after my own heart if you love something show it with a dance. You and William are soooo normal. Larry and I do the wrong day all the time. IT really makes my day to see a post like yours and am praying that it continues. Hope your Mom is ok. We are going to be gone for a week beginning next Wednesday and I will be so anxious to get back and catch up on all of you.
    Prayers and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me but I learned about Katie from a relative asking for prayers for her. We check this site regularly and my family prays for yours every day. We will pray that you have many more great days like this one. Thank you for sharing your stories. Your continued faith in God has been inspiring. We will be praying that the tests go well next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura Beth sounds like us after jones soda! :) Love you guys and miss you much!
    -Aunt Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a precious story about Katie loving her Daddy to call her Turkey!! I'm so glad your lives are more "normal" now and you are enjoying each other so much. I have never heard of Jones Soda but after hearing Laura Beth's story I'm gonna have to find it and try it. I need a little bit of that energy!! I hope all goes well next week. You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete