Friday, February 26, 2010

Bad News

Katie had a bad ear infection on Thursday and therefore could not tolerate doing the MIBG scan without sedation. The good news is that Dr. Russell gave her a dose of medication and it took care of it. She was back to her old self by the next day (today). The bad news is that Katie's MIBG scan showed about 8 spots of disease. This means that the cancer has come back and not gone away as we had hoped. These spots are new. Dr. Russell is going to look into all our options and we will meet again next Thursday. We are just trying to enjoy the time that we have with our girls and not focus on what may be coming. Please pray for us.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the bad news, but you are right when saying you are going to focus on the time that you have with your girls and not what MAY happen. None of us know what the future holds. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Stay strong.
    Love,
    Ms. Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this news. I check your blog often for updates on Katie. Big prayers going your way.

    Tracy Padon - Madisonville Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are the most amazing woman. You have courage and class more than anyone I know, You deserve to be named mom of the year too. God is still going to take care of this. I could not possibly be more proud of you and the mom you have become or of both my grandbabies too.. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christa,
    I just saw your post and just pray for the best sometimes we have to go one step back to go forward and I feel like this is what is happening. I know that you all are sad over the news but you will get thru it. You all have survived the last year and this is just part of the process. You all do enjoy everyday you have with the GIRLS and each other because none of us know when it is our time and we need to live life to the fullest. Just hand in there and trust in God. As I have said before you have shown such strength when it is hard to have and you will continue to do so. My Prayers for all of you
    Prayers and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw your post on Layla's page. I will be praying for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete