We spoke with Dr. Russell yesterday. Katie's MIBG (soft tissue/nerve scan) results came back. It showed that she still had disease on her right hip. She has had this all along (it has been the brightest spot) but it is less bright now. The other areas have gone away. The chemotherapy and surgery have helped...just not as much as we had hoped. Right now we have 3 options. We could go to New York for an antibody therapy (3F8)...this is also being done at MD Anderson in Houston and Cook's Children's Hospital in Fort Worth but Dr. Russell was not sure the trials were open right now. The second option is an oral medication that Katie would take. The third option is more chemotherapy, although it would be a different class of drugs than she has previously received. All options are outpatient treatment and they all have different side effects...but no one can say for sure what works best in the stage of treatment we are in. William and I are leaning towards going to New York not only for the treatment but also because we would like a second opinion. It is always good to have two people thinking about things that one....please keep us in your prayers as we have to make a decision over this weekend and begin working on getting treatment next week.
Katie is doing great! She is happy and playing all the time. She has her moments where you can tell she is worried or scared but 95% of the time she is just being a kid.
I know that God will lead you in your decision, after all, he is our "Boss Man". That's what I like to refer to him as. It sounds like all your decisions as to treatment have worked. There is just one more step to go, we hope. Please continue to believe in miracles. Love and prayers. Margaret Foster
ReplyDeletePraying for God to lead you in the right direction, and for the strength to carry on through this.....I love to hear that she is playing and having fun, we think of and pray for Katie every day!!!! God Bless.
ReplyDeleteErin Richie
I know that you are walking by faith and not by sight. I pray you will have exciting evidence of God's hand leading you in whatever plan you choose. I love you all and am so happy for the fun days you all have had lately. Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDelete-Kerri