Today has been a wonderful day. Katie and I finally got home about one this morning. I took the day off because I was so tired...While I ran some errands Katie stayed at Marilyn's house. She had a GREAT time. She made a card for great-grandma and wrote it almost all by herself. She then made a cake. We called it Katie's Leftover Cake because she put all her stuff that she didn't finish eating into the cake (i.e. raisins, apples, nuts) along with some cake mix and honey. Amazingly it was good! LOL Then Katie and I went home and took a LONG nap...after we had laid in bed for about an hour talking and laughing. I am so thankful to God for this day.
Tomorrow William, Katie and I will head to Houston. At 11 Katie has a CT scan. She has to drink some yucky contrast drink before the scan. Please pray this goes well. At 2 we have an appointment with Dr. Russell. Hopefully a Child Life Specialist can take Katie to play while we talk with Dr. Russell. At the appointment we should learn the results of her bone marrow aspiration/biopsy. We are going to spend the night in Houston because we have another appointment in Houston at SEVEN in the MORNING on Friday. Thank you for your prayers and kind words.
So great to hear you and Katie had such a great day. I bet her cake was the best one ever made. My Prayers are with all of you the rest of the week.
ReplyDeletePrayers and email hugs
Mona White
Christa, My name is Faye. I work in Jewett and saw Katelyn's picture in the paper after the quilt was given away. What an angel!! I keep her picture on my peg board as a reminder to pray for you all on a daily basis. I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and feel the same way you do, this did not surprise our Heavenly Father. I wanted to share a couple of Scriptures that He has made very real to me:
ReplyDeletePs 127:1-4
The Lord is my Light and my Salvation, whom shall I fear....
Rom 3:11 If that same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwell in you, He shall quicken your mortal body!!
Blessings...