Sunday, May 24, 2009

Quiet

Today has been pretty quiet. Not too many people around on the weekend. I guess because the doctor's offices are closed and school is not going on. Today I looked around on the Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation website and became discouraged. As most of you know, the odds are against us quite significantly. As I was praying for God to give me faith and lift my spirits, He brought the following story from the Bible to my mind. To get the exact verses, I called Tessa, who knew exactly where it was. The story is in chapter 7 of Judges. It is about Gideon and his army defeating the Midianites. He starts out with 32 thousand men and God continually decreases the army's size until it reaches only 300 men. The verses that hit home was Judges 7: 2-3 "The Lord said to Gideon, 'You have too many men for me to deliver Midian into their hands. In order that Israel may not boast against me that her own strength has saved her, annouce now to the people, 'Anyone who trembles with fear may turn back and leave Mount Gilead.' " My thought is that since the odds are so against us and survival rate is low EVERYONE will know that it is GOD who brought Katie through this and GOD who healed her and NOT the men and women who are giving the medications and such. Please remember to keep in your prayers most importantly Katie's recovery and complete healing. Also keep in mind our financial welfare as we will not be able to work atleast 1 week a month and during radiation for 3 weeks straight. Thanks for your prayers. We are truly blessed.

9 comments:

  1. You know that i dont think anyone could have prouder little sis than you do right now!
    I love you and you are awsome!
    I just dont know what to say but i have the most awsomest big sis in this universe!
    Love,Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI IM ASHLEYS FRIEND SANCHEZCA OR SANDY WHICH EVER YOU PREFER!!!!IVE BEEN PRAYING EVERY NITE FOR KATIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just posted a comment after reading Quiet but it is lost in cyber space. I will try again tomorrow. I pray and remain confident that God will heal and resore Katie. God Bless, Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey babe,

    Just wanted to tell you that I LOVE YOU, and all of your family. My heart aches for you and william and Baby Kate. I hope to get to see you soon and give you that tight hug you so deserve. You have always been a great protector and a level head in difficult times. I should know! :) I will call you tommorow. I have news!

    Love always,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bible has record of the many Names the Lord God has told us to call upon Him with--

    I call upon HIM,

    El Elyon, the Most High God, El Shaddai, the All-Sufficient One, Adonai, Lord, Master, Elohim, Creator....

    For Your blessed child Katie and her family I call upon
    Jehovah-rapha, the LORD that Healeth, You alone can grant healing to Katie, heal her and use her life as a testimony to your great works
    Jehovah-shammah, the LORD is There, Be there with her and her family, surround them with the comfort only You can provide
    Jehovah-jireh, the LORD will Provide, You know the needs of this family financially in this time of deep need, provide for them and bless them with more than they could possibly need so they can share the blessings and proclaim the works of Thy hand.
    Jehovah-shalom, The LORD is Peace, allow Your abundant Peace to flow and surround Katie and her family

    Jehovah-sabaoth, Lord of Hosts, I lift this precious family up to You, may You be forever glorified by the blessings You and only You bestow upon them,

    El Olam, Everlasting God, it is in Your most Holy Name I pray,
    AMEN

    And those who know Thy name
    will put their trust in Thee;
    For Thou, O LORD, hast not
    forsaken those who seek Thee
    Psalm 9:10

    In Christ's abundant Love,
    Bonnie, John and Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend asked me to share another mom's blog with you prayforhahhah.org to see proof of God's miracles being worked still today. She was diagnosed with a gravely serious heart defect. Click on "Before and After" on the right side column if you don't have time to look at anything else and look at that--you will see the power of prayer for yourselves.
    Blessings,
    Bonnie, John and Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christa, Yes you are right everyone will know that God will bring Katie through this and that it is God who will heal her. You say you were researching the illness and the odds are against you...these are worldly odds. No one can fail who seeks to reach the truth...which is Gods love surpasses all worldly claims including illness, doctors and medicine. The world cannot concieve the significant odds that GOD has to offer. I pray that you, William and Katie continue to be "brave" doing every worldly thing that they say will help. AND then letting go all thoughts of sickness to let the healing begin. As healing begins when we let go and lift up to God. As for the money...it too although worldly can be lifted up or at least the thought of not having to worry about. Love you Mary
    ps hope to call you tonight or tomarrow with some news

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am Logan's teacher in Normangee, Karla shared your story with me last week and sent me the blog to stay updated. You have a beautiful family and I am praying for strength for both you and Katie during this. As a mom my heart goes out to you and how strong you must stay each hour. God will see you through and take care of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still praying every day and night. Your posts help us know exactly how to pray. Most nights, Arthur wants to say his own prayer for Katie and your family on his own (after we've all prayed together). You are all in our thoughts, hearts and prayers.

    -Sarah Oakley

    ReplyDelete