Friday, May 22, 2009

Meltdown CITY

Today has been HORRIBLE. We didn't sleep well and then about 10:30 we were taken to audiology for Katie to have a hearing test. They needed a baseline for her hearing because chemotherapy can cause hearing loss. Katie had the biggest meltdown I have ever seen...and I have seen ALOT! Just not in my own kid. This kid that is here with me is not the little girl I know. My daughter usually can be rationalized with but NOT this one. When they put the soft little probes in her ears you would have thought that they put a large needle in it. Then they took us to the sound booth and asked her to point at pictures and she lost it. Please pray for her and William and I to have the calm and peace that passes all understanding.

13 comments:

  1. I woke up at 2:00 a.m. this morning with all of you on my heart. Prayed for the enitire family. Now as I read your blog I see it wasn't a good night. I hope the prayers helped and the day is improving.
    Diana Whitesell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that Katie had a meltdown and it is not easy when it is your own child, but at least you can recognize it. Now put your OT hat on and figure out a way to help her...maybe the deep pressure of a favorite stuffed animal while they are prodding and probbing? I know I know easier said than done. I will pray for Katie's peacefulness in all the choas at the hospital...Much love and Miss you bunches Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meltdown is understandable but stressful. There is so much going on - so much for a little mind to comprehend and when she becomes overwhelmed i'm sure she just looses it. Bless her little heart - hard to explain that all this is really for her own good. I pray for you and William to find the strength to help her through this - I know you both will be able to do that because God knew you were up to the challenge when he gave you Katie! love, Kelly Keefer

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have really bad days when you feel like you can't handle it anymore...that is when you have to be strong for HER! I have been in your shoes and it is a hard road and MELT DOWNS come and go. Before you know it they will be gone and she will be so strong it will amaze you! Jared turned into a 4 year grown up..talking about bad blood...blue blood and oxygen! And he would carry on about bone marrow shots...it was hard to hear, but they internalize things diferently than you could ever imagine. I have cried for you and your family....I have prayed and I have passed you on to my family to pray for!!! My heart goes out to you and I want you to know that I am hear if you want a listening ear or someone to cry with! I know your pain...I understand completely and want to help anyway that I can. Please let me know what i can do for you! You need to set up a caringbridge.org page...if you will look there under Jared Wiseman you can see his journey and you can read of many others. This site will help you release and you will find support you didn't even know was there! I will pray for you and hopefully we will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A special prayer for all of you to be able to get thru the tough times and hang on the the good ones. I pray that all of you will have many more good days than the ones like today and that God will give you the strength to endure the pain Katie is going thru. My prayers and wishes to all of you.
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grannie and PawPaw Andrus send their love. They miss you and are praying for you to be back well and home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christa,
    I'm so sorry!! I was up praying for you in the middle of the night (since Tanner was up with a migraine!). We will continue to pray for peace, comfort and healing!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry for the meltdown, but please be strong for her. You and William are her steady rocks. Having you there with her security, but sometimes she has to let it all out! I pray God's wonderful, marvelous grace and peace over all three of you.

    Love and prayers,
    Nana Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Katie and family!
    This is Amelia and I just wanted to say that I know you're a tough kiddo and that you are going to be fine!
    We all love you and are sending healing thoughts every second of the day!
    Know that your mommy would never let anyone do
    ANYTHING at all to hurt you and she will always be there to help you through everything.
    Keep up the fight girly and I can't wait to see you back in town and lookin cute!
    Love,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found out about your blog, Christa, and I am in awe of how together you are. I just wanted to let you know that you, Katie, William, and Laura Beth are in my prayers every night, and I am so glad that I can keep up with you this way. Much love, Laura Senseman
    P.S. I know that if anyone can handle a meltdown, you can. After all, who taught me that most important addage "Don't chase the snake"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. William and Christa-you don't know me personally but I am a friend and co-worker of Karla's. I had actually read the article in the meteor by Gayla Nettles and it touched my heart only to find out little Katelyn is Karla's neice! Karla showed me pics of your beautiful girls tonight before I left work. My prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time. My husband and I also have a daughter-Mikayla who is 15 months old. As a mother I can't even begin to imagine what you and your husband are going through, but with christ in your heart and soul- he will lead the way to katelyns recovery! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family once again. becky ware

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our Prayers and thoughts are with each person in your family. God is in control and he is with you 24x7. Hang in there - there are MANY Tres Dias people praying for you along with the local's in this area. Our church and prayer closet group. We love you Jerry and Mable

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for a good day!!!

    Michelle Jeffers

    ReplyDelete