Thursday, May 21, 2009

Feeling Better...Well for a little while.

Today has been better so far. Katie even got up and went to play in the play room for about 15 minutes or so. But then they came and took her IV out. That is a great thing because now she has both hands free to play and color but of course it hurt which isn't so good. And then she had to have her first dressing change to her central line, which hurt ALOT. But we made it through it, got some Tylenol 3 with codeine, and Katie is now resting in bed watching t.v. So all in all we are doing okay. They probably will run some more tests today to get a baseline of everything but the tests should not be painful. Just pray for peace for Katie, because although the tests are not painful they are scary for her. Thanks again for all of your prayers, calls, comments, and actions. We continue to be overwhelmed by the generosity of not only our family and friends but also strangers. God is WONDERFUL and he IS going to get us through this!

9 comments:

  1. You are so right and ONLY GOD can get you through this. Keep your faith in him and he will hold your family in his arms, that you can count on. My family is praying for all of you and will continue to do so.

    Jennifer C
    Madisonville,TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for Katie and both of you. Remember God is in the Miracle Business and is still on His throne. Love you, Mel & Sharon Caldwell

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are glad to hear Katie had a little time for play today! We checked the weather outside and Galveston is calling our names!!! Grab your purse! Mary and Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were finally able to convince her there was a place to play. I'm sure the OT in you is happy she can use both hands again. :) Love you and praying for you.

    Corissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Katelyn, it sure was good to hear your voice today. We were at Grandpa's & Grandma's today when you were talking to Laura Beth. We miss you and are ready for you to come home. I know Nicholas & Ashlyn are ready to play when you feel up to it. Take care and we LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

    Uncle Keith, Aunt Amy, Brandon, Nicholas & Aslyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for setting up this blog so I can keep up with Baby Kate! Our prayers are with her and you guys. I am blessed to know that you know that God is in her room and the playroom with everyone of you. I continue to ask Him to give the doctors and nurses wisdom in working with Baby Kate. To put His hands in those rubber gloves before they place their in. Take care and know we are with you every step of the way!

    Love and prayers,
    Nana Linda and Pop Jerry
    PS. Give Baby Kate a hug for Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not know you or your family. I am Erica Blakley's Niece. I just wanted to tell you that I am very sorry for the things your precious little girl is going through. I will most definitely pray for her and your family. I know God will pull you all through and your beautiful little girl will be safe again.

    With love,
    Amanda Reeves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell Katelyn not to take any toys away from those kids in the playroom...they may not be as nice as Zoey (LOL). How many injuries has your child sustained because of my child…bite marks, scratches, more bite marks. Zoey said that was a long time ago and she won‘t do it again (LOL)! Love, Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christa, It's me Cyndi Martinez.
    Tessa e-mailed to inform me of what's happening in your life right now. Frankly I was paralized for a momment when I heard the news.
    Precious little "ladybug" Katie!!!
    I heard that Katie may need blood. Unfortunately I can not donate, but Adrian was on the phone to make an appointment to donate blood for Katie minutes after I shared the news with him. (He knows Katie as the little baby-girl I knitted a couple of hats for a few years ago :)
    I have shared this blog with many people today asking for prays as we all share in your battle to heal Katie. Please know that you have SO MANY prayers being offered for your precious little girl.
    There's no greater prayer than the prayer of a mother for her child. Know that there will be hundreds of other mothers tonight praying for your Katie. With all my love - Cyndi

    ReplyDelete