Thursday, May 21, 2009

Clowns, Glitter, and an Olympic Swimmer

Today was a wonderful day. Katie had a lot of fun. I haven't seen her like this in a couple of months. It did both mine and William's heart good to see her so happy and smiling today. She played in the playroom. We played a game of Wac-A-Mole and built with blocks. Later two clowns come by and Katie LOVED them. And Rowdy Gaines a 3 time Olympic gold medalist came by and Katie got his autograph. Of course I missed the clowns and the gold medalist...I was out getting lunch for myself and William. But she has talked about it all day. The Radio Lollipop (radio station that plays in the hospital for the kids) volunteer came by with crafts. Katie and I created a foam flip-flop with stickers and glitter. We got glitter EVERYWHERE...on the floor, on the bed, and especially on ourselves.



But that is okay Katie really needed a sponge bath anyway. AND we were entered into a contest for our 'artwork' and Katie won a little teddy bear. Also Wayne and Sue Woodall (some of William's extended family) came by and we had a good visit. They were so sweet to bring Katie a game and bunny rabbit. All in all it was a great day.

9 comments:

  1. Rest assured that you are loved, prayed for, thought about, prayed for, held up before God, prayed for.....get the picture? We DO love you and are asking God for a miracle for us and our Katie. If you need ANYTHING, please do not hesitate to let us know. We are trying to anticipate your needs, but don't always do a good job of that, so talk to us!!
    We have added 2 more churches praying for you in addition to one in Indiana. I emailed a friend in Georgia and she and her prayer group are praying.
    Love,
    Don and Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    You and family do not know us but we are L.D. White's parents. He is Married to Cindy who works at the bank at Madisonville and they attend Church at Elwood. Cindy emailed us about your Katie. Our prayers are with you and we have put your entire family on our prayer list at church here in Millersview. I know it is easier to say than to experience but the Good Lord will take care of all of you and see you thru this. Katie is such a beautiful little girl and I know all of you are proud of her and her strength May God keep it strong for all of you. Please know all of you are in our prayers. Mona and Larry White

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christa, I am so sorry to hear about what has been going on. I hate that it has taken this long for me to find out. Please know that you and your family are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Although I did not get to physically meet Katie, I feel like I know her just by all of the stories that you told us during Hunter's therapy sessions. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for your family. May God give you guys the courage and stregnth to get through this difficult time. I will pass on the words that were once given to me, "God will never give you anything that you cannot handle." At the time I thought the doctor was crazy when he said it and it may sound like that to you. But it's true and I will be praying for you guys. Please email me your contact information so that I can get in contact with you. Email me at hawgsforhunter@yahoo.com or call me (979)571-9133. We love you - The Sterling Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Katie had such a great day yesterday. I'm thinking of and praying for Katie and everybody all the time. We miss you, Christa, at work. It's very good to read the updates. The glitter, clowns, flip-flop, Radio Lollipop, etc. made me smile last night. Hope that today is another good day and I'm expecting that. I'm taking a half day off today and will be in Houston with Amelia and Violet while Sara and Michael have a special date night. I'll call also. Do you need anything from here to the hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad Katelyn had a great day yesterday!! Sounds like she had lots of fun!! :) What a great way to let your minds wonder somewhere else! Kate misses her dance friend and play friend. Kiss Katelyn for us and let her know that we love her!! Hope today brings another great day!! God Bless!!
    Love, Lori and Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's me again. I am so glad Katie had a good day and there will be others. God is on His Throne and He is in control of Katie's life. We love you four and can't wait for you to get home. Tell Katie Ms. Sharon loves her and can't wait to feel her hugs. Please let me know what we can do.. I know there is something. Call me anytime.. you have my numbers and remember no charge to me and you on the cell we are on AT&T. You can also call me collect at home if needed. Love you guys! Sharon & Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that she had a good day. She did need to smile and have fun and I am sure it was good for you & William too. We are praying for her here too and thinking +++ thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to hear that Katie enjoyed her day. It must be hard to keep her entertained! Mark can't hardly stand to be in one room for more than a few minutes at a time; I can't imagine having to keep him in a room all day long!! I wish I was in Texas so I could visit you guys. As always I'm thinking of you all and hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, My name is Christina. Karen sent me your blog so I can extend prayers to your family. My daughter too had a form of cancer and was treated at TCH. I have been reading the oldest blogs to this one and had to comment on the glitter. Katrina loved the glitter and she would always manage to do that craft on MY bed and get the glitter everywhere. It was a mess having it everywhere but definitely manageable because they had a great time being crafty. I will continue reading thru the blogs to get all caught up but just know there is another family out here praying for your sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete