Monday, May 25, 2009

Better Day

Today has been a good day. Katie had a good night's sleep after getting some Benadryl for nausea. After we woke up, Katie and I spent about an hour or so playing games on the computer.
After lunch, some ladies (Mimi Sharon, Mimi Joan, and Mimi Linda) from our church came by. They, of course, brought presents for Katie! Dora GALORE....Katie really had a good time. It was a very nice visit. William and I really appreciate all the visits, calls, presents, and food that our church has provided us with. We belong to a church with a wonderful group of people. It is like our girls have 20+ sets of grandparents instead of just 2 sets.




Sleeping after a long day of fun.

15 comments:

  1. Hey Katelyn,

    You look like a beautiful little PRINCESS!!! I am so glad that you had a fun day. We are thinking about you everyday. When you want to talk to someone, you have your mama or daddy give us a call. Nicholas & Ashlyn are ready to hear from you. You take care, and we will see you soon!!!

    Love Uncle Keith, Aunt Amy, Brandon, Nicholas & Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,
    Sleep well cause Auntie ashee's on her way and would love to play with you if you feel like it!!!I am praying for you dont worry!
    VERY PROUD AUNTIE ASHEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so awesome to see God working in little Katie's life. She has already touched so many people. I'm so glad that today has been a good day for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad she had a better day today. She looks so cute in the picture grinning from ear to ear at the computer. Thinking of all of you! Have many people praying for Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you, Katie. We Love You So Much. Cameron

    We hope you have more GREAT DAYS. Everyone here misses you. Cameron and I are taking care of Dash. I hope that "Chemo Stuff" is working." When you get home, you get to play with ANYTHING in my room. Love you lots, Logan

    My dear sweet Katie,
    It is soooo good to see your smile. We are getting more and more excited to see you. I heard you are learning to play some new card games. When you get home, you'll have to teach me. We love you so much. We pray several times through the day for you. I'm going to grandma's right now and give her a BIG HUG from you!!!! She will be excited that you had a WONDERFUL DAY!

    Hugs and Kisses,
    Aunt Karla

    "Come and see the works of God, who is become awesome in HIS deeds towards the sons of men." Psalm 66:5

    Praise the Lord for your Wonderful Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Katie,

    Mimi Sharon, Mimi Joan and Mimi Linda had a great time today visiting with you and Mom and Dad. We were so glad to see you smile and having fun playing with your Dora, Isa and Boots and you are a beautiful princess in your tiara.

    We are praying for you all the time and can't wait for you to get home.

    Love,
    Mimi Sharon, Mimi Joan and Mimi Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Princess Katelyn,

    Your pictures are so cute...Zoey likes your new tiara. It looks like your doing some serious concentration on that computer…are you beating Mama at those games. We miss you and hope to see you soon.

    Love, Erica, Joey, Zoey, and Zane Blakley

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so good to see Katie having a better day and to see her sweet little face having fun. Keep your spirits up and expect a miracle. God is indeed in control and is still on His throne. Hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

    Christa, you and William have been faithful servants of the Lord, now you will see His Faithfulness and Lovingkindness. From Diana Hagee's "The King's Daughter" I like the translation of Hebrews ll:1 NOW FAITH is the assurance(the confirmation, the title deed) of the things (we) hope for, being the proof of things (we) do not see and the conviction of their reality (faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses).

    God Bless, Lois

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so thrilled to see that Katie had a good time today. I bet seeing her so carefree and happy was the best gift for you and William. I hope things continue to go well for you all. I will call soon.

    Jessica A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kyle & Erin Hall brought this situation to our attention yesterday at church. We had it announced during AM and PM services. I just added it to the "prayer" page of our website.
    Please know that our hearts go out to you and our prayers are going up on behalf of Katelyn and your family =)
    -Brian, Cindy, Hannah & Katie Baird
    (Newport News, Va)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for keeping us up to date with your blog. You all are in my prayers everyday.
    Thena Morris

    PS-I found out about your blog through Mr. Connor. I've know William just about my whole life. We went to the same daycare before we started school together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A real MISS AMERICA - Katie looks so cute with her crown. I know she has many angles with their halo crowns watching over her. Great to see how loving things can bring a smile to such a precious face. Calm days like you had Sunday can make us read too much. Don't get down when you read about Katie's condition. God will give you the peace to get thru all of this and the strength for all of you and Katie. I know it hurts us to see our little ones hurt but we have to put our turst in God and give all our worries to him. Hope that you have many more days like yesterday and can keep a peace in your heart(The heart of a Mother)so you can stay strong.
    May God's Love and PEACE stay with you
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great to see her feeling good. I don't know you, but we are from Madisonville and have a 5 year old little girl. Your story weighs heavy on my heart. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers all day long. Our entire family continues to pray for yours.

    Jennifer C

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy to see pictures! Especially the smiling ones! Glad it was a good day... :)

    -Corissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christa. You don't know me but I'm Cyndi Martinez's daughter. My mom shared your blog with us so that we could be praying for you and your beautiful daughter. I have kept my browser open to your page and refresh it every day to see how your little one is doing. Rest assured of our prayers. I also wanted to let you know that even though we do not know your little girl she has already made me a better mother. Your love for her and devotion has truly inspired me to love my little girl (6 months) all the more. I give her extra kisses every day as I say an extra prayer for you. From one mother's heart to another... God bless you!

    Love,
    Amber Pilkington

    PS- Where can we send mail?

    ReplyDelete