Today Katie has slept most of the day...she is having a lot of trouble urinating and is beginning to have spontaneous bleeding near sites of her cancer that we can see. We put in a Foley tonight to lessen some of her pain (it hurts for her to push to urinate). However, she continues to not complain or ask for anything. My precious daughter will most likely not be with us by the end of this coming week. Please pray for peace and that both William and I will be with her when she leaves this Earth.
Today, my sister Ashley and I had a 'girl day' together. We ate out, saw a movie, and got our nails done! We had a lot of fun. I recommend the movie, Romona & Beezus to anyone with girls. It was very similar to the Romona books that I loved when I was younger. I am glad that we got to spend the day together and have some fun.
Thank you for keeping up with us and mostly for praying for us. The following is the lyrics from a song that a friend sent to me today...it reminds me of what I have been feeling...please forgive me if it is not word for word; I was typing what I heard...
"No Matter What"
by Kerrie Roberts
I'm running back to your promises one more time
Lord that is all I can hold onto
I gotta say this has taken me by surprise
But nothing surprises you
Before a heartache can ever touch my life it has to go through your hands
and even though I keep asking why
I keep asking why
No matter what I'm going to love you
No matter what I'm going to need you
I know that you can find a way to keep me from the pain but if not,
if not I'll trust you
No matter what, no matter what
When I'm stuck and there's nothing else by myself
I'm just sitting there in silence, there's no way I can make it without your help,
I won't even try it
I know you have your reasons for everything
So I will keep believing no matter what I might be feeling
God you are my hope and you will be my strength
No matter what I'm going to love you
No matter what I'm going to need you
I know you can that find a way to keep me from the pain but if not,
if not I'll trust you
No matter what, no matter what
Anything I don't have you can give it to me
But it is okay if you don't
I'm not here for those things
The touch of your love is enough on its own
No matter what I still love you and I'm going to need you
I know you can find a way to keep me from the pain but if not,
if not I'll trust you
No matter what, no matter what
Christa and William,
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you tonight, that you will feel an overwhelming peace and comfort and that you will both be with Katie as she is picked up into Jesus' arms.
Much love and prayers,
Shelly
The lyrics of the song are perfect and true. May you both rest well and Katie too as you awake to the morning light my prayer will be that God's light still shines through you both on this journey as you minister to all of us. Praying for that continued Peace that comes only from the Lord.
ReplyDeleteIn Christian Love, Lois and Clyde
May the presence of the Lord continue to fill your home and fill you all with the peace you need as you face this change that seems to be taking place. His love is Amazing and what a Precious place for Katie to be going if we just have to give her up... Tons of Love and Prayers~ Casey,LVN
ReplyDeleteI will also be praying for your family. I am blessed by the few posts I've read, seeing how God is working with you all. I pray for peace during this time.
ReplyDeleteHello, my heart was breaking as I read this and what katie and your family are going through. I am crying out to the Lord, commanding this cancer BE GONE from all parts of her body! That she would live and NOT die! We pray for this cancer to be cursed in the name of Jesus, for every diagnosis to be rebuked, we break its hold off of her, and command all spirits of death and cancer to LEAVE her and your family in the name of Jesus!! We come against generational curses on the mother and father's families, and ask mercy Oh Lord! We speak life, energy, healing, that all systems of her body would function normally, urinary, digestion, bowels, all be healed in the name of Jesus Christ! Lord we ask you to blow your living breath as in Ezekiel 37, as your spirit breathed life to the dry bones, breathe your life into her! As you healed the girl that had died and you said she is only sleeping, and you raised her up, do a miracle Lord, to the Glory of your name!
ReplyDeleteWe pray you send angels of peace, comfort, mercy, protection. Surround this family as they give such amazing testimony of your love and the faith that they show! Bless them Lord! Amen
Im not sure why my comment was here and now gone....No matter what....those words are so true...although our love is nothing like our Lord...we love you no matter what too...we may fail you...but its comforting to know those words will not fail you when they are spoken from the Heavenly Father. Much love and hugs.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to have a girls day and enjoyed it. I am glad you could give Katie some relief with the cath and hope her week is a peaceful one. I too hope you and William will be with her at the end and will know she is at peace. Take each day as it comes and let the Lord take your pain. Blessings to all of you.
ReplyDeletePrayers, Love and Email Hugs
Mona White
praying for you...everyday.
ReplyDeleteWilliam and Christa,
ReplyDeleteYou are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I pray that the God of grace and mercy will comfort you, giving peace to you and Katie and all that hold fast to Him. I know that it is the longing of your hearts that Katie live, but the wisdom and grace to pray, "Thy will be done."
Praying for you all. In His love, Jane Haywood - Miami
Dear William, Christa and all of your family...Words just seem so inadequate right now with what your family is going through..Sometimes we wonder "Why", and sometimes the Bible does not give us the answers we are looking for, other then the simple answer of "I am God"..A wonderful mighty God, who loves us more then anyone..Imagine Katie's smile when she meets him behind the veil..All my love and prayers go out to you..God Bless my friends..
ReplyDeleteBelinda Drake...
Christa,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to share a verse that has comforted our family in our time of loss this week....
"For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside." Psalm 84:10
I've really focused on that verse this wk. and I'm so grateful for God's promises. Knowing where our loved ones will be until we see Jesus is so comforting. Please know that prayers are being lifted up!
William and Christa,
ReplyDeleteI read your blogs daily and have never posted a comment. I pray for you daily. I met Katie for the first time in the nursery at Harmony. Katie and my granddaughter Victoria (aka Ya Ya) met and became friends. Then my other granddaughter Autumn met her and they too became friends. I stand in awe of Katie and you as a family. I couldn't believe even at the age of 2 how smart Katie was. She talked and talked and played with my grandkids like she knew them and me her whole life. Her beautiful blue eyes captured from the beginning. Her love for Jesus was amazing to me for someone so young. As I have followed these entries over the past 14 months I again stand in awe as to her love for Jesus and the knowledge she has about what has happened in the past and what is happening now. This knowledge, wisdom and comfort that she is sharing can only come from God. God Himself has her in His arms giving her the knowledge and comfort to pass on to you as her family. Although we can't and won't understand why this is happening we can only trust in the Lord that He knows what He is doing. I am praying for your peace and comfort because I believe Katie already has that peace. I will be praying for Katie that she will have as less pain as possible. If there is anything I can do please ask. I know everyone says that but please let me know.
We will never know how many lives Katie has touched and will continue to touch even after she is with Jesus. Through your blogs and her treatments and the places she has been there will be lives she has touched we will never know about. There is no telling how many people have come to the Lord because of her and your family through your faith and love for God and these blogs. You need to take these blogs and put them together in a book. You never know who might need to hear your story and the comfort you have found through these and having God in your life.
We love you all
Karen Hammock Conroe, TX
God Bless You All, The last precious baby I followed for a few months and then God took her home. I was devastated as if she was my grandbaby. Her name was Kamdyn. I swore never again and somehow Katies little face ended up on my fb page and again my life has been touched and I feel sad, but blessed to have known katies story I have been touch by katies little smile and face. Katy godspeed You have brought me close to Our Father thru prayer and reading the other post.
ReplyDeleteA Child Loaned
ReplyDeleteI'll lend you for a little time
A child of Mine," He said
"For you to love the while she lives,
And mourn for when she's dead.
It may be four or seven years
Or twenty-two or three.
But will you, til I call her back,
Take care of her for Me?
She'll bring her charms to gladden you,
And should her stay be brief,
You'll have her lovely memories
As solace for your grief.
I cannot promise she will stay,
Since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there
I want this child to learn.
I've looke this wide world over
In my search for teacher true,
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes,
I have selected you!
Now will you give her all your love,
Not think the labor vain,
Nor hate Me when I come to call
And take her back again?
I francied that I heard them say,
Dear Lord, Thy will be done,
For all the joy Thy child shall bring,
The risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter her with tenderness,
We'll love her while we may,
And for the happiness, we've known,
Forever grateful stay.
But should the angels call for her
Much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that come
And try to understand.
Christa and William : May God Bless your family!!
prayers are with you everyday!
ReplyDeletegod bless you and your family. I pray that katie goes in peace and is content with her family beside her. You are all in my prayers God bless you all.
ReplyDeletekd