Sunday, July 25, 2010

Update....

Today at 6:13 p.m. Laura Beth pooped in the potty for the first time ever! We are so proud of her. She has tee-tee'ed in the potty 3 or 4 times in the last week but never pooped! Using the potty is probably the last thing that her sister will ever teach her.

Katie continues to get a little worse every day. However, today her swelling has gone down. She spent the day at Aunt Karla's having a slumber party while we went to church and then took a nap. From what she said, she had a lot of fun. We want to thank you for your prayers and concern for us. We appreciate every prayer we can get. We know that even though we don't understand why we are having to go through the pain of seeing our daughter suffer and die that God does. We also know that God does all things to work for his glory. Again thank you for everything that you have done for us and continue to do for us.

Here are a couple of pictures from the past day or two.

Here is Laura Beth in her 'little' pool. Her aunt got it for her for her birthday. She nows has a play house, a pool, and some patio furniture!

My sister, Ashley, and Laura Beth

A picture of Katie. You can really see how this horrible disease has wrecked havoc on her little body. She has absolutely NO fat on her body. Her skin just hangs on her bones. She has tumors on her head, her neck, her belly, and her legs. Her bones ache, her tummy hurts, and her throat hurts. She is so tired that most of the day is spent sitting up on the couch with her eyes closed. She doesn't want to go to bed...she is fighting to be as normal as her little body will let her. It is so hard to see her like this.

13 comments:

  1. Hooray for Laura Beth! What a big girl now! Your girls are beautiful. Please tell Katie what a beautiful girl she is (still).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your little girls are beautiful <3 I'm praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud for Laura Beth. Many of us are praying for Katie and your whole family. I

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Laura Beth people surely people think why do you get so excited over a poop well if you are a Mom you understand. God has surely tested all of you but it sounds like you have given him all your faith. I hurt so seeing the last picture. Pain and love - how you can withstand the pain in your spirits it is only with God's help and just hang on to the love that Katie is giving all of you. I just pray that you all will hang on to God and to each other. AS I have said before it is ok to show you sadness and to cry. My LOve and Prayers for all of you.
    Prayers, Love and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how Precious those pictures of Katie are... those eyes are amazing and No Cancer can ever change that! The love for her Daddy... cherish! Congrats to you lil' Laure Beth~ such a BIG lil' 2 year old you have become and what a Great teacher you've got... More love to the entire Connor Family than you can even imagine and many,many prayers gone and going up!!! ;) Casey,LVN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Laura Beth!

    God Bless You All and Give You Continued Strength. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, but those who bless His name through the trials as well as the blessings are truly rare in this world. You will never know the extent of the good that your example does. Continuing in prayer for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May God continue to bless you as you remain faithful to him. Our children are such blessings to us but only given to us for a short time. Cherish every moment. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless you William. You are a great DAD. It shows in everything you do. Praying every day is a precious memory as you make life comfortable for Katie. Remembering all of you in our prayers. Lois and Clyde

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray, Laura Beth. Such a big girl!! You make her playhouse too comfortable, she will be wanting to move out there! :0) As someone said, "your girls have such beautiful eyes." You can surely see their souls thru them. You all have so much courage and faith. Still praying for comfort, courage and strength for all of you. Hope Katie has a real good day, today.
    Much love,
    Lois Gray

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our church has been praying for yall, and I recently discovered this blog--
    There is a song that I have heard recently that I thought of this morning when I came to check on yall; it is called "No Matter What", and there are some verses that remind me of the light that yall show the world as you trust God in this terrible time:
    "I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain/But if not, if not/I'll trust You/No matter what"
    God bless & keep yall--may you feel His hand around you---Lisa A from College Station

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been following Katie's journey but have never posted. I am so touched by your daughter's journey. In the last couple of years I have become an advocate for increased funding for pediatric cancer research. New treatments and cures must be found. My kids and I are hosting a lemonade stand on behalf of Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation. Just wanted you to know Katie is just one of the kiddos we will be honoring. Praying for healing, hope and happiness. Katie you are beautiful.
    In His Name,
    Alicia Hutchins
    College Station, TX

    ReplyDelete
  12. William, William, William. We were friends all through school. I wish we'd stayed in touch. The circumstances in which I will see you again is heart wrenching. I know you are a great Dad, and I can't even begin to imagine your pain. We are all praying.
    Love,
    Angie Donaho

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even in her last days, your Katie was absolutely stunning and her eyes were so full of spirit. I know - just KNOW - that she is in heaven with the lord, safe and sound...

    ReplyDelete