Monday, July 5, 2010
San Antonio part 4
We got up early this morning, packed and headed home. Katie is feeling better today. Every day is a new adventure with her. And every day I see her get a little weaker. It is hard but we are remaining strong for her. We all arrived safely home. After some BBQ (courtesy of Uncle Nap & Aunt Martha), and a nap we headed out to go fishing. Katie got hot very quickly due to the medicines she is on and due to her body's inability to regulate her temperature well (regulation of temperature is something that the adrenal glands do). She did catch a fish though! Then we went swimming which is always fun. The girls are both in bed now and I am going to head that way to. Please pray for us tomorrow...hospice is coming out to get everything set up. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So good to hear Katie had a better day and even caught a fish. I will pray for a fun time at home tomorrow and sharing lots of great memories about the trip. You and William are always in my prayers for God's Spirit to strengthen you. God Bless each of you. Lois and Clyde
ReplyDeleteYou are all in my prayers. As I type this, the words to the song, "The Battle Belongs to the Lord" keep running through my head. And "Count Your Blessings". I'm gonna have a tough time getting them out of my head, but I hope they bring you strength as I transfer them to yours. I hope you're able to get a good night's sleep and rise refreshed. God Bless you All.
ReplyDeleteGlad all of you made it home safe also glad Katie is feeling some better. I bet she was excited about catching the fish. Prayers for strength today it will be hard to have hospice there. Have a good day and Prayers for all of you.
ReplyDeletePrayers, Love and Email Hugs
Mona White
Keeping you in my prayers especially today. So glad you were able to enjoy the San Antonio trip and make some good memories. Way to go Katie. Glad you caught a fish.
ReplyDeleteIt will be good to have hospice there. They are such help. They will provide the meds that she needs and they will know how to keep her comfortable and it will allow you to get some rest. I know both of you are so worn out. God bless you, you have been wonderful and loving parents and so many people are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteAll of you are always in my heart and in my prayers. Glad Katie is feeling better. Hugs to all.
ReplyDeleteLois Gray
think of you and your family and praying that God will give you all strenght and peace. God has a plan, keep leaning on him! Your family is being an awesome witness to many others...its easy to praise God during good times, however more difficult during the hard times. I pray good times are heading your way!
ReplyDeleteLifting you and Katie up today. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your journey with us. I can not even begin to understand your pain but you have shown how a christian family deals with the most horrific journey that you are on. It has given me the opportunity to pray for you and your family and know that I am part of the bigger plan that God has for us all. Again, thank you.
ReplyDeleteSuzette Mizell
Normangee, TX
Sending prayers to you and your family. I came across your blog through a teacher friend of mine. I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling and going through. My heart aches for you and I have a huge lump in my throat just reading your posts. I followed Layla's story too. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and Katie. God will be here for you. He will hold Katie in his arms and know what is best for her. He has been there for you and your family throw out all the tough times and will contenue to be there. We do not know his plan just know he will do what is best for Katie. You and your family are always in my prayers. God Bless You Lauree Hamm
ReplyDeleteI am still reading...and praying. God will heal all of your hurt. Thanks for sharing your story. It really makes me so thankful for a healthy child.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear she caught a fish, and was feeling well enough to enjoy her day a bit.
ReplyDeleteWe have the same problem with my son and the heat and sun too, we have to watch him close because of his meds that he's still on for his Neuroblastoma.
Praying for you all!