One night when Katie was angry and we were talking about Heaven she told me, "You'll forget me." Of course this is not true and I tried to let her know that; but in a sense she might be right. I am scared of forgetting the little things, like where all her little freckles are, how beautiful her laugh is, her cute little sayings, and all the little memories. I have always joked that Katie is my memory. My little 4 year old remembers EVERYTHING! I always know if I don't remember something she will. There are, however, a lot of things that I can never forget about her. She loves singing, dancing, giving hugs and going to Sunday school with Ms. Sharon and Miss Joan. The thing that I will never forget about her is, her ability to make me laugh no matter what the circumstances are. They say the eyes are the window to the soul, and Katie has the most beautiful eyes on the face of the planet, no wonder God wants her back, she is beautiful. Forget her.... NEVER, she is and always will be unforgetable.
Today was a hard day. It was hard because she has not been alert very much today, which is bad because the doctor says as it gets closer to her time to go that she will be less and less responsive. Katie's back was very swollen today which caused her severe pain. I had to cath her twice today to give her some relief and even then it didn't help much. We believe her suffering will be coming to an end very soon. The reality of this is bittersweet. Katie is very tired and is ready to be out of pain. Katie seems to have a peace that is unmatched to anything I have ever seen. I truly believe that Jesus Christ himself is with her and is comforting her about what is about to take place. Thank you to everyone again for the prayers. May we all find the peace that God has given Katie. I pray we can all have the child like faith to follow whole heartedly after Jesus Christ and trust Him with our entire lives.
I have been following your blog and my heart breaks for you. I will continue to pray for Katie and your family.
ReplyDeleteChrista,
ReplyDeleteI know that your family does not know me. Even though we've never met physically, I can tell you that Katelyn Connor has impacted me and my life. No, Katie will never be forgotten. Certainly not by her wonderful, precious family nor by the untold number of people whose lives have been touched by her story. We will not forget the little girl from the country, with the incredible blue eyes, who loves Jesus and her family. And, we will not forget to stand by you all in prayer.
I pray that you all feel the Lord's arms around you. I do not understand this, but I do know His word is truth and His word tells us that He loves us. I stand on that tonight. He loves us and I will meet Katie someday and we will both be whole and a complete reflection of His glory.
No, Katie, we won't forget....and we will meet you some great day!
Lynn King
Wow, Lynn said EXACTLY what I wanted to! She is so right! I totally agree with you that Katie has the MOST BEAUTIFUL EYES in the entire WORLD! I have a feeling Jesus' eyes look the exact same! No one but he and Katie have those perfect eyes! I must admit tho, that Laura Beths are pretty AWESOME TOO! I am so very sorry yall are having to go through this! I am thankful to the Lord that he shared her with us for a short time, our Brave Little Soul Katie. I can see her jumping up and down before she was born screaming "pick me pick me!". It worked, she brought alot of strangers together to love, pray and bond. Sending you tons of love and prayers! Ms. Julie.
ReplyDeleteAs long as you and your family keep Katie alive w/stories you all will never forget even the least little things. I do not know you or your family but I think of you everyday and pray for peace and for Katie's heavenly healing. Not sure if you have even wanted to listen to the song I suggested but I told you the wrong title to the song by Jason Crabb. It is called I Sure Miss You. In Him~
ReplyDeleteChrista,
ReplyDeleteKatie will surely never be forgotten by anyone who has ever met her in person or through her story. Her nana will surely never forget her, and it breaks my heart that she has to go away. She barely seems there at all right now, and I do agree that Jesus is holding her, and that she has a peace I long to have. This hurst so much. I hurt for you as bad as for Katie. There are no words...
I love you and Katie and Laura Beth more than words can ever say. LOVE MOM
Crista,
ReplyDeleteJust like Lynn and so many others, I don't know your family but ever since Lori Hagaman wrote and ask for prayers for Katie, I have been praying and keeping up with your all the trials you have been dealing with through all your post on this site. I live in Teague where Lori grew up. There are no words of comfort right now that will take the pain away. The knowledge that Katie will get to see Jesus very shortly and will not be dealing with any more pain and suffering is the most important prayer that we can make in her honor. I can't imagine a greater honor that seeing Jesus. As I looked at her pictures I could see that Katie is a beautiful, precious child with the most dazzeling eyes. Her journey during this time has made a real impact on so many people. Even though we've never met I feel that I have gotten to know so much about Katie, you and your sweet family. Katie will never be forgotten. Thanks for sharing a part of Katie with us. I will be praying for your family along with my church family that God takes all the pain away from Katie and gives her family the strentgh to do what is needed to honor and bless such a precious little Katie.
Awaking during the night I was thinking and praying for Katie, came to the blog to have a point of contact and update. I praise God that Katie has the peace of God that passes all understanding. My prayer now is that she may she continue to rest in the arms of God as she departs this world. God is always Faithful, He will never leave thee or forsake thee, I know He will strenthen and comfort your hurting hearts, for this I praise God because I have no greater words of comfort except that I care. May today you delight in the love of Jesus as you hear in the background of your minds Katie singing "Jesus loves me", for He indeed loves Katie and all who believe in Him as Lord and Savior. God's Blessings and Grace on both of you. Lois and Clyde
ReplyDeleteAngel eyes are what I have called Katie's eyes from the very first picutre I saw of her. Christa why don't you start a quick log of Katie rememberances. Someday it will be so special and Laura Beth will know all of Katie's feelings, saying and things she did. You and William will take comfort in it in time. Prayers for all of you and May today bring peace for all.
ReplyDeletePrayers, Love and Email Hugs
Mona White
Take close up pictures of every part of her body. Toes,fingers,ears, nose. I don't have that of Joey and I sure wish I did. You are doing a good job Christa and I know God is so proud of you for being such a good witness during the mist of your pain.
ReplyDeleteOh Christa... such great suggestions i've seen in the comments above- memory book and close up pictures are such great ideas and i think there's nothing more precious than the sweet lil' voice of a child and once they grow out of it or we loose it, it's gone so maybe hold a recorder sometime while y'all are talking just to get that lil' voice so you'll always have it.. And once again~ You are an Amazing Momma w/ many blessings surrounding you! <3 Casey,LVN
ReplyDeleteConnor Family:
ReplyDeleteI pray we will all remember Katie's laugh, Katie's constant chatter and Katie's beautiful eyes. I pray, too, that most of all we will remember the child-like faith, the unconditional trust in Jesus and the steadfast dependence on God that her family has had. I pray that we will not forget the lessons God has taught all of us through this. I am so sorry that your family has had to go through this but I thank God that you have all been such a testimony to hundreds of us. We love you and are praying for God's peace and strength. Lorraine
I have worked in the NICU for so many years, and I have seen families having to tell their beloved children "bye"--I pray God's comfort to each of you, because only He can sooth your hearts and gather your tears. He, too, watched a Beloved Child die, so He knows what you need. Thanks for your witness. I will join these others in lifting all of you up in prayer--Lisa A in College Station
ReplyDeleteDear Christa and family,
ReplyDeleteThe other blogs have said it all. You are constanly in my thoughts and prayers. I will continue to pray for Katie's comfort and peace and strength for all of you. I will pray most for God's will to be done. You are an unforgetable family. So of course, Katie will never be forgotten. She has touched all of us in so many ways. Wish I could have known her.
Much love,
Lois Gray
I will Keep your Family in My Prayers and Hope to give you comfort & strength in the coming days!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for your family. Little Ms. Katie has touched so many lives and she will NEVER be forgotten by anyone who has the privilege to meet her or get to know her through her story. I pray for GOD to give you comfort and peace through the time you have left with her and for all the years to come. She is a precious gift from God and it was an honor to get to know this little angel through her story. GOD bless! Rita
ReplyDeleteI know this song was originally written for a family who lost a 2 month old son but the message is clear for anyone who suffers this life-changing loss. I hope it comforts you. From Diane in Baton Rouge
ReplyDeleteHELD (Lyrics)
Artist(Band): Natalie Grant
Two months is too little
They let him go
They had no sudden healing
To think that providence
Would take a child from his mother
While she prays, is appalling
Who told us we'd be rescued
What has changed and
Why should we be saved from nightmares
We're asking why this happens to us
Who have died to live, it's unfair
[Chorus]
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held
This hand is bitterness
We want to taste it and
Let the hatred numb our sorrows
The wise hand opens slowly
To lilies of the valley and tomorrow
[Chorus]
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held
If hope is born of suffering
If this is only the beginning
Can we not wait, for one hour
Watching for our savior
[Chorus]
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held
We'd be held
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held
This is what it means to be held.....