Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Daily Life

Nothing much new to report. We are just taking it day by day and minute by minute. Hospice came out yesterday to get things set up. Then today the regular nurses that will be seeing us came out. They have changed Katie's medication and hopefully that change will get her pain under control. So far, all of the nurses and social workers at Hospice Brazos Valley have been really wonderful. Her nurses tonight, even brought Katie some presents!
Katie continues to have pain and is a lot more fearful than she use to be. But I think that she has a peace about everything going on....she is just worried about us. She knows how much we will miss her and that worries her. But her poor little body is tired and so very sick. It is very hard for me, as a mother, to see her going through this. The bright news is that Laura Beth will be TWO years old in two weeks from today! We don't really have anything planned for a party but we will just be happy if Katie is here to enjoy it with us. Thank you to everyone for continuing to pray for us...we need it.

**Please pray that Katie has a wonderful day tomorrow with her two best friends. A friend has made it possible for some princesses to come over and have a party with Katie and her friends. I am just praying that Katie is feeling well enough to enjoy it.**

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is going Ok. I too hope The new meds will help Katie. All I can say is that my prayers are for all of you in the comming days. I hope Katie is at Laura Beth's Birthday also. I am so glad that you all have people there who are helping you with the daily things. Your heart is with Katie right now and I know it must be nice to have help. I do wish I could be there to help also but all I can Do is pray and post.
    Hope tomorrow is a good day.
    Prayers, Love and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just know that many are praying for you in this time. I have no other words, but I lift you up often during each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please take lots of pictures today. I cant wait to see her wilth the princesses. I know she will have lots of fun. I wish i could be there for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for a painfree Precious Princess Day for Katie and friends. Continuing to pray often for each of you. Lois and Clyde

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also would LOVE to see the pics of the princess party! Know that I pray for you daily and this just tears my heart up for you and your family!
    Love and Prayers as always, Ms. Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has anyone suggested that we mail Katie cards and/or gifts. We need to know a mailing address to do this but I bet a lot of people would love to send her a card or gift. And all kids love to get stuff in the mail.
    So, somebody put out a mailing address for us. Thank you and God Bless.

    Erma J.

    ReplyDelete