Monday, July 26, 2010

A Blessing & A Curse...

Each day is both a blessing & a curse...it is a blessing to have another day with Katie...another day that we can hug her, kiss her, hear her precious voice and take care of her. It is a curse because it is another day that we have to see her in pain, another day to see her slip away a little more. We are ready for her to not be in pain anymore. We wish it didn't have to be this way, but at the same time we know death is the only way that this can happen for her. We get comfort from knowing that Katie will not have to deal with the evils of this world any longer, and that is worth a lot. This world is only getting worse every day and is not going to get better. We do pray though that God will not tarry the rapture of His church. People often say they want to go to Heaven but they don't want to go tonight, I say why not? People believe in Heaven but they are in no hurry to go, I don't understand this. I think its because they have not lost anyone close to them such as a child. We have not lost our child yet, but it is inevitable. I know that we are not supposed to want to go to Heaven for this reason, but as humans I believe we think like that sometimes. We are supposed to want to go to Heaven to eternally praise our Lord and Saviour. I will stop preaching now cause that is my Dad's job. Thanks for all the prayers and kind words you all have spoken on Katie's behalf. Have a glorious night and God bless.

16 comments:

  1. My heart and prayers are with your family! I, thank the Lord, have not lost a child but ever since I lost my momma so young, I am not afraid of dying at all. I understand that part you are talking about. I look forward to Heaven, I want to see the Lord, I want to see my momma too! Your right, we are supposed to live each day waiting to go see the Lord!
    Love yall, Ms. Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you all and are asking God to bestow His love, His mercy, His grace and His peace abundantly in your lives. We do know want to lose Katie either, but we do not want to know she is suffering. I know Katie has said she is ready to sit in Jesus' lap. The verse that I think of is the one that Jesus said to (allow) the little children to come unto me. I agree, Lord Jesus, please come get us quickly. We ask God to put his strong arms around you and hold you up in this your most heart breaking time. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I dont see the full picture of heaven yet. I dont really know what it means or what it is and scripture tells us that no eye has seen and no ear has heard. But we do know that there are no tears in heaven. There is no sadness and no pain. There is no seperation from God. The ones we have lost will be there if they loved the Lord or were innocent. I hope to hug my mom and dad and sister who have gone on before me. This is what makes me want heaven. I think God understands. Our human eyes can only see so much and our minds can only precive so much. <3 Jackie Dye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our hearts are breaking for you. It is a terrible heartache to lose a child yet there is a peace knowing they are in God's hands. He loves them more than we could ever imagine. At our weakest point, He will carry us through. His grace is sufficient.
    Our 2 yr old and 4 yr old pray daily for Katie and her family. Continue in your faith. God will never let you down.
    The Price family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loosing your child is one of the hardest things and yes it does make you look forward to going to heaven and the day you will be reunited. God truly understands our heartache and knows we don't want to go to heaven only for our loved ones. Your family is in our prayers daily, keep your faith in God and your family close at this time.

    Amanda Douglas Hold

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My - This has to be the most trying time any family can go thru. The pain and suffering Katie is going thru is the worst thing you as a faimily will endure but you are a lucky family to have the faith you do can you imagine someone not having faith in God and thinking their child will just die and they will never see her again? You know that you will see Katie again and when you do she will be healed and happy. You are right about going to Heaven If it were my time this second I would be ready. Just love on Katie each day you have left and remember every day you are a day closer to all being in Heaven and giving Glory to God. Hoping you have a good day with both the girls and eachother and God sends you the peace you are looking for.
    Prayers, Love and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen!!! Christa I know God will use you and William to minister to other families of children who are dying. It will make you feel a little better to be able to help out other people who will go through the same trials as you. You will be amazed at how many people God will put in your path. You know I'm here for you if you ever need to talk or cry with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May this day have a sweet, sweet presence of the Lord as all of you go through it. Tell Katie that Logan ask about her and has always prayed for her since she got sick. I know he is just a little boy and she is very much the little girl just doing her thing, but he cares for her. Lois and Clyde

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart just aches for you, I simply cannot even imagine. I'm sending lots of prayers your way that your last days with Katie have many happy memories and I'm sending lots of prayers for Katie that her pain be small and her last days full of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christa, you hit the nail right on the head. We as children of the King should long to be where our Father is. This world, in its present state, it not our home. All of creation moans and groans for its return to perfection, so the creation made in His image should want for nothing less. Thank goodness He created us to be allergic to death though, because what a mess this world will be in when all of His children are gone. This walk for you all, while not easy, will be used to help others down the road. That is our job. If you have not read "90 minutes in Heaven", I highly recommend it for many, many reasons. Also, I think I remember reading a few posts back that Katie's Grandpa had come to the saving knowledge of Christ through all of this just recently. That is why Katie gets to go home now. Her job for Jesus is done. We stay here only as long as the task He has for us still needs doing. I know it is hard, the watching and the waiting. I went through it myself recently, with a very dear friend. However, while I am still angry, I know her job was done and her reward is great. She would not want to come back from her rightful place in her mansion in her Father's house. Hold Katie tight, love on her, soak in every last moment with her, with all of you together. How precious it is that our Father is giving you the oppurtunity to make these memories to sustain you later...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christa, Our hearts are broken along with yours. Please know that our prayers and the prayers of our church are with you. We are glad that you are strong in the Lord. We don't know how anyone not close to the Lord could face what you are facing. As the song says," Because He lives...." The McLemores

    ReplyDelete
  12. May many others learn who Jesus Christ is and accept Him as their Savior through this experience with Katie. It already touched my heart to hear that your grandfather accepted Christ during this time. My heart joys at the thought that not only Katie, but another soul will join her in Heaven. My prayers are with your family and Katie through this. My prayers are also that through this experience others will get saved and join her to praise our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. -- Becky (I found out about your blog through a friend of mine.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blessings I pray for you and your family Christa. I haven't experienced going through what you all have been enduring with Katie, but I can relate with the loss of my brother. With my brother it was knowing that time was getting shorter, and the mixture of emotions I went through and our days had a lot of ups and downs. My brother did have good times during the day, then you'd see him fighting and the physical changes taking it's toll. He gave me a booklet to prepare me and it told me the changes he would go through for the physical changes, and the spiritual preperation before dying. That was the hardest on me but I had a friend give me a scripture telling me to press inward and continue to pray and God would help me during the worst. We lost him on the morning of July 4th and Freedom took on a new meaning to me. There was no more pain for my brother, there was no more tears, he had a sweet peaceful smile and he was in a fetal position and I just knew. I knew Jesus put his arms around him and stayed with him during the night. I believe Jesus took him just that way into the kingdom of heaven.
    Jesus answered my prayers. I learned to ask not for what I wanted but what my brother needed. There came that time when I knew it was time to let go, and he need not suffer anymore.
    If anything please know I too am one who looks forward to going to Heaven. I want to be with Jesus, but also importantly I want to join my family who have gone on before me.
    I will keep you all in our prayers.
    I am so touched by all your posts and your love and your sharing.
    I pray Jesus continues to bless you, and give you strength when Jesus takes her home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your family is constantly on my heart and in my prayers. I cannot fathom how difficult this time is, but I pray for peace, mercy and strength. I wish there was more that I could do.

    Lynn King...I worked with Mr. Conner at NZHS 98-99.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, it's easier to go someplace new when you know you have a friend waiting for you there.

    Katie will do this for you - make Heaven a little more real and a little more familiar.

    You won't have to find your way around alone. She will be there to show you all the good stuff as soon as you arrive.

    Your family is in our prayers and the prayers of people you will never meet - well, until Katie introduces us in Heaven.

    Judy Hendrick

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have said in many of your posts that you hope that what we read here will inspire us to treasure every moment that we have with our children and believe me, it does. Everytime I see mine I just want to grab them up and never let them go. It is so hard to understand that God's ways are not our own. I am so impressed with how strong your faith and convictions are even through these most trying of times. Many people do not understand the depth of God's love and mercy and your family is the very example of it. Despite the trials and tribulations that you are all facing right now, you are so blessed to be together in this and to have so much support from so many people. Thank you, for showing me what real faith is all about. When you get to Heaven your Katie will have her perfect body and she will be waiting with open arms. What a happy day that will be for you! Until then, do not give up or lose hope. God has a master plan. He will carry you through this and He will reveal his master plan to you on that day in Heaven. Enjoy your girls. They are brave and beautiful.
    Our prayers are always with you.
    Rebekah Hatcher (Allie's mom)

    ReplyDelete