William, Katie & I headed to Houston today. Katie received blood, and platelets today. After they finished giving her blood products, we had them take out her PIC line. She was none too happy about this BUT I know that it will make our trip a little better...speaking of the trip PLEASE pray for the weather to be good. With this hurricane, it could very well rain on us the whole trip...
While Katie was entertained by the nurses (aka her entourage and admiring fans), William and I met with Dr. Russell. It was a hard meeting. She was not hopeful that Katie would be with us more than a couple of weeks or so. She gave us information about what would come to pass and how to handle things. Hospice will contact us tomorrow. From the information we have, we do not think that the Burzynski clinic is a good idea. We want to enjoy the last days that we have with our precious turkey. Thank you all for your support and love. We are overwhelmed by the generosity and love that has been shown to us during this past 13 months. We truly feel that is the blessing in this horrible situation. THE most important thing you can do for us right now is to PRAY. We still have hope in our heart that God will heal her. We know he can heal her but we don't know if it is in his will to do it on Earth. We have talked with Katie about heaven...her comments were that in Heaven she could play with Layla (another little girl who had neuroblastoma and who passed a couple of months ago) and the other Angels and that she could sit in Jesus lap and play with Him. We are thankful that our daughter loves Jesus and will be healed and perfect in Heaven and that we will one day get to see her again.
God bless you all, continuing to pray...
ReplyDeleteLove your little turkey with all your might,and heart, and soul.You all are in God's loving arms and he will comfort you and take care of you. Please, if there is anything I can do call me. Margaret Foster
ReplyDeletepraying, praying, praying...
ReplyDeleteKatie has shown me what true faith is. I am praying that you all will have a great time next week and it will be a week to keep always. My heart breaks for all of you I just pray that Katie's strength and faith will spread to all who have followed your journey. It seems like only yesterday that L.D. told me about Katie I can hardly believe it has been 13 months. I know it seems like an eternity to you with all that you have been thru but I know you want the months ahead to me many for Katie. Please know that I will continue to pray for all of you and Christa you are a light unto my path also. A Mom who fights forever with love and faith in her heart even if at times things were so very difficult. God Bless all of you and keep your faith strong.
ReplyDeletePrayers,Love and Email Hugs
I'll continue to pray and think of each one you! I know that y'all have a very strong support system around you but if you should need anything, please contact me. I'm not very far away! William can get my number from my mom or Karla can get in contact with me!
ReplyDeleteLots of love,
Thena Simmons Morris
I came across your story through a friend. I read your updates each day to check up on Katie, this child that I dont even know...but have come to adore. We all know that you are blessed to have this beautiful angel in your lives...that goes without saying. But what I want to take a second to point out is that SHE is blessed to have you two as parents. The love and devotion I read about daily is touching beyond belief. I get goosebumps as I read your words. The strength you have shown...the fight you have given for this beautiful baby is humbling. How petty my little troubles seem when I read your story. You have taken the worst possible situation and done EVERYTHING you could possibly do. You have stayed strong and done what is necessary...you have given her strength...you have taught her about Jesus. Hold your baby girl tight and know that you are angels in her little world...YOU two are gifts sent from God to help this sweet child through her journey on Earth. Because of YOU, she experienced TRUE love in her lifetime. She has felt the undying love of a mother and father who gave everything humanly possible to make her short stay here beautiful. THAT is something that can NEVER be taken away. I cant stress how much you are in my heart and prayers. Hold that baby girl tight and trust that when her time comes, God will hold her safely in His arms until the day that you can be with her again...is there any place more peaceful than that? You and your family are in my heart and the hearts of many more than you're aware of, daily.
ReplyDeleteLove you all.
ReplyDeletePraying.
Carolyn
Hugs to you and your family. My thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteI, too, have followed Katie through this very difficult journey through updates provided by my cousin who knows your family. We don't have to know the people we pray for...God knows you and who I'm praying for.
ReplyDeleteI praise God for the strength He has provided you these past 13 months, and the strength and PEACE He will provide in the days to come. I am so touched by Katie's comments on Heaven...being able to play with Layla and with JESUS! What faith for one so young! She truly is an angel here on earth that God is calling back home to Him.
My prays are with you, William and Christa, as you prepare to give Katie back to her Heavenly Father, and I am asking Him to take Katie very, very gently.
With love and many prayers~
I'm so sorry to hear your news, but not giving up yet. Still praying for all of you and think of you every minute of every day. I'm here if you need me.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Lois Gray
Keeping you and your precious family in my prayers. If we could all have Katie's vision of heaven and her faith, life would be so much sweeter. She is a blessing to so many people.
ReplyDeleteChrista,
ReplyDeleteMy heart is so sad for you. Katie was the first of our quintuplets (which is how I refer to us five who had our babies a few months apart from each other), and I can't believe that she is in danger of leaving us. I have no words of comfort to offer, but all I can say is that I hope God gives you and your family peace and strength to get through this next stage. I will continue to keep Katie in my prayers and pray for a miracle. I am sure Katie has touched several lives and has served God's purpose during her short time here. I am always thinking of you guys, and I am always asking my family to keep her in their prayers. Stay strong and keep your faith in God.
Jessica Abrego
It is very hard to type this through my tears. What you are going through is so hard to understand on this side heaven. I too have a daughter, Grace who has a chronic medical problem. There have been days i have been so angry at God only to be drawn so close to him I feel his warmth dry my tears. Your faith has reminded me of just how much i need i need Him. Please know in your hearts just how many people your angel has drawn closer to the Lord. I am praying for your family and your sweet angel without ceasing. In His love, Angela Culbreth Madisonville
ReplyDeleteI don't personally know you, are your presious Katie. But, I have kept up thru friends and on your blog every day hoping to hear good news. I am so sorry to hear this latest news. There are no amount of words, little or small, that can make what your family is going through any easier. Just know that God is with you every step of the way, and even if we don't understand he knows what is best. Katie is So Very Blessed to have such strong parents, you are an inspiration to many and I admire you both, as we all do Katie . Keep your faith in God strong and know that he will get you through this very dificult time. I have not giving up faith or even excepted that this is the end. Continusly pray for a very special miracle.
ReplyDeleteCrista, this is Cindy, Emily's Mom from dance, I want you to know that Katie has been in our prayers since I first laid eyes on her, she is a very special and precious little girl. I hope and pray that is God's will to heal that baby on earth, but if it is not, Heaven will be lucky to have her. Our prayer's will continue for Katie and your family no matter what God's will maybe. I only wish I had the words to make it all easier.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't made aware of your story until recently and I have to admit I didn't want to read your blog because I knew the reaction I would have. I am bawling. My girls are the same age as your Katie and I can't imagine going through what you are going through. Your strength and faith are amazing. Completely amazing.
ReplyDeleteI will pray that you are able to cherish each moment and love to the fullest in the coming days. Please know that I fully believe that you have been the best parents and family Katie could have ever had and that God is working in all of your lives. I will pray for your pain and anger that he will heal it and help you to understand.
God bless...
Today is the first time I have heard about your little girl! I am sooo sorry for what is happening to her and your family! The power of prayer is mighty though! Never give up and continue to show her how much you love her! and continue to pray! I will deff be praying for this sweet turkey myself! scares me to think that a little girl that is around the same age as my little girl(3y/o) has to go threw this much pain!!I dont know if you know the song "Turn your eyes upon Jesus" but it just poped in my head as i was typing! love and prayers being sent your way!
ReplyDeleteThe Vaughn family
Praying for peace and comfort for the whole family during this difficult time. God bless you all!
ReplyDeletePraying for you. Hold her close. I can't imagine what you and she are thinking and feeling. I love you.
ReplyDeleteChrista, I just now got your blog address from Beth. I cannot imagine the horrible pain you must be experiencing, but you seem to have a calmness that I could not have. May God bless you.
ReplyDeleteChrista and William,
ReplyDeleteYou have our prayers for peace and strength. We have been so blessed to know Baby Kate. We have been keeping up with you guys in reading your blog each day. I thank God for knowing Baby Kate and all the love she has shown to the ones around her. Our prayers are for her and you guys....Amazing Grace and God's peace.
All our love,
Jerry and Linda Stott
Just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for strength for you in the next couple of weeks and peace for Katie as she prepares for the next part of her journey. Your faith is amazing and so much more than mine would have been at this point. Enjoy this time with your precious Katie and Laura Beth...make lasting memories.
ReplyDeleteChrista and William,
ReplyDeleteYou are blessed with 2 precious little girls. Katie is wise beyond her years and her faith in God should be a witness to everyone. Make the most of this time and cherish every moment as you will have no regrets in the end. I pray for peace for you guys during this time.
Amanda Douglas Hold
Dear sweet Christa and William,
ReplyDeleteI have just been introduced to your blog. My, what a beautiful family you are. Praying as you have requested that Katie will feel good and that you all have a wonderful, happy time together in Houston. Please know that my husband, Gary, and I will fervently be continuing to pray for little Katie and for all of you as well. May you continue to sense God's sustaining strength, love, and guidance. He IS with you every second and WILL be with you all the days ahead. Katie is beautiful and is obviously so loved. His blessings and our continued love and prayers,
Pam Swilley
El Dorado, Arkansas
I feel this is appropriate for this horrible situation. I pray GOD will give this precious angel her miracle.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnCEyfRdvDY
Praying for your family...I found out about you all through my sister in law who has known you since yal were young. I am filled with joy in knowing that you know Who is in control and Who holds your precious girl. My family is in the Houston area and would love to be able to help you in anyway we can-be it a meal or just coming to pray with you. You can contact me at kyrada@hotmail.com God is using your situation for His glory and your faith is amazing!
ReplyDelete