Saturday, June 26, 2010
hard days
Hi everyone, this is William, just wanted to let everyone know how things were going. Last night we decided to take Katie and Laura Beth to Galveston because Katie has been wanting to go for a while. She had a pretty good time although she tuckered out very fast. She now has her very own seashell collection. Laura Beth enjoyed herself as well. It was a fast trip but one we are glad we took. The last couple of days have been unbelievably difficult for my entire family. My mom cried like I have never seen her cry before, my sister who has been a rock through all of this could barely hold it together. One of Katie's cousins cried when he heard the news. Christa is taking the news the hardest of coarse, and me, I don't have any tears left. We have decided to not tell Katie the news because she doesn't need anything else to worry about, and really what good would come from it. For those of you who have had the pleasure of talking to Katie and have gotten to know her you know how smart she is. She already senses that things are not good by the way she feels. She knows all to well what is going on. That is one reason why this is so hard. She understands that this is not her fault or anyone else's fault, but she like everyone else wants to know why. This is not a conversation your supposed to have with a 4 year old. She is wise beyond her years and could do great things when she grows up, that's why I still hope and pray she will get the chance to grow up and show the world Gods power and authority over death and the grave. Thank you to all who are supporting us through this, all of you have touched our lives in a mighty way. God bless each of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
william, thank you for your post...so many people love all of you so much...profoundly broken hearted here...
ReplyDeletecheryl demas
So not fair. So confusing for all. Will be praying for an unexplainable peace for everyone, especially Katie.
ReplyDeleteWilliam you write beautifully. Thank you for this post. I like you do not feel as if I have any tears left, and certainly no words.Please know that Roger and Ashley and I are here for you and Christa and Laura Beth,I too just can't give up hope that God will come through at the last moment with a mighty miracle and I do not understand why if he doesn't. My heart is breaking. We will see you Mon. night. Looking forward to seeing my girls. Love, Your mom in law and so very Proud Nana to Katie and Laura Beth, and mom to the very best mother in all the world, my precious Christa.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you William, such a thoughtful note. We still pray for all of you and know God will give you a peace that passes all understanding through this circumstance. You are a great Dad and a fine Christian man. Lois and Clyde
ReplyDeleteWilliam -- Your post is inspiring. You show everyone that the future is not a certainly and miracles can happen if in God's plan if our hard prayed for miracle does not come to pass we will all know that Katie is one of God's most precious ANGLES and is watching over all of you. I feel grateful to have learned to feel that all of you are a part of my family if only thru Katie's blog site. All of you have shown such courage and strong will and such faith. We all would like to know why and some day maybe we will know the answer. Thank you for letting all of use follow you on this journey and of course I will continue to Pray for a Miracle cause we all know it can happen. Glad you got to take Katie somewhere she wanted to go and those sea shells will be a treasure forever. If I can do anything for any of you please let me know and know my prayers and wishes are with you. Christa is in my Prayers as a Mom who just wants to see her little one grow-up, You are in my Prayers as a Dad who feels he has to be the strong one and Prayers for Laura Beth to be a great little sister and of Course Katie has Prayers for peace and no pain. She sounds like a wise little girl who as you said could do great things in the future.
ReplyDeletePrayers,Love and Email Hugs
Mona White
William, your English teacher should be proud of your writings,the many that you have written on this blog. And Christa also knows how to write through her heart. God blessed you both with two beautiful angles.Who would have ever thought that one of them would have to face what Katie has faced, and her Mom & Dad.And her Grandparents and her Aunts and Uncles and other family members and friends. Your family has been an inspiration to all who know you. We have to continue to have faith and hope and patience in the Lord. He is walking beside you and watching over you. We pray He will do what is best for Katie and give you all comfort and peace. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.Love, Margaret Foster
ReplyDeleteI'm lifting you all up. I wish I knew something to say that would help, but there is nothing. Just know that Katie is touching many, many people and your family has our prayers.
ReplyDelete(Susan)Lynn King...I taught biology and chemistry at NZ high school the year your dad retired.
I pray for Katelyn every night. I know God is in the miracle business, so I am still believing one for your precious daughter. To him be all the glory.
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteThis is auntie ashley i was there for ya'll the day she was born! i was alot younger then now i am 17 and a senior in highschool and i will still be there for ya'll....katie and i have a very special relationship & I love ya'll and i will do anything i can to help...atm i am trying to hang in there myself my heart is not just broken but shatterd at the news
ReplyDeleteWilliam, all I can say is I am so sorry all of you are having to go through this. I can't even imagine your pain. Katie has definitely touched my life. She has endured more than most adults have to endure in a lifetime. I pray that God will hold you close and give you and your family a peace that only he can give. I love you and if there is anything I can do, please call me.
ReplyDeleteBecky
May God give you all peace and help Katie to be pain-free! Tammie & Newell
ReplyDeleteGod's peace be with you, and as someone said--He is beyond our understanding. I am sorry you and Katie have gone through this horrible sickness and we may never on earth understand how this can happen. Sending prayers and hugs from Pennsylvania.
ReplyDeleteI don have the words to express how saddened I am to hear this news. I will still be praying and believing for a miracle for little Katie, because no little girl should ever have to go through this. I will be praying for you as parents as well to know what God's will is and strength.
ReplyDeleteWe love you all and are keeping you close in our hearts & in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteChuck, Lisa, Julianna & Jack
I found your blog through a teacher friend of mine from m'ville. I am so saddened by all of this. I have a one year old and cannot imagine the pain Katie is feeling, the pain you are feeling for not being able to take her pain away and the pain of maybe one day losing her. I am praying for a miracle.
ReplyDeleteSo glad she got to visit Galveston. :)
Don't forget, miracls DO happen. I am praying this is the case for your sweet turkey.
Lots of love,
The Lewis Family
We pray for your family,Remember If he leads you to it he will lead you thru it...He is your rock.
ReplyDeleteI am devastated by this news and can't stop crying. I am a 65 year old woman who has fought cancer. I questioned "why" when it happened to me, but I had lived a full life. Katie is just a baby and it is totally unfair. No one understands "why" but we have to trust in God. A miracle happened for me, and it can happen for Katie. I will pray for her and will ask the Lord Jesus to intercede and heal her so she can grow up and have a full life.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you all.
Rose Piccolo Bowden
Class of 62
Stephen F. Austin High, Bryan
Beautiful post William! My heart breaks for you but I also, like you, believe in miracles and Lord knows we need one! I just will NOT accept anything else! It bothers me that I had NEVER heard of this "disease" until my "Big Guy", Ryan Batman Williams, then all of a sudden I meet and know so many that have it! It was like the "unspoken disease" or something! We need more awareness and letting your struggle come thru on this blog will hopefully make parents more aware! I pray that yall have a great time at SeaWorld etc.! I pray that Katie will feel good the entire time! I totally pray for a miracle! What an awesome testimony Katie will have!
ReplyDeleteLove and Prayers as always, Ms. Julie.