Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Burzynski Clinic
Word has gotten out that we are looking into going to the Burzynski Clinic in Houston. I found their website through a friend and was interested because it sounded like something that we have not done before. As all of you know, we are grasping at straws here but it appears to be something that might help. I have been made aware that many of you are trying to find ways to help us out financially (the clinic doesn't take our insurance) and we appreciate this more than you can know. It warms my heart to hear how people are ready and willing to try to help us. BUT please wait on raising money for us....we are not sure that one they will take us as a case and two that it is something God wants for us. We don't want to put Katelyn through any more painful medications or procedures...and we are not sure exactly what this clinic is about. AGAIN THANK YOU for your support. Please continue to pray for us...William & I head to Houston today to talk with Dr. Russell about her scans and where we go from here. Prayer is the most important thing you can do for us...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have a safe trip and of course prayers for all of you. I pray God will show you the path to take for Katie and all of you. The trip to San Antonio sounds great and hope all of you have a great time. Prayers for healing and love for all of you
ReplyDeletePrayers, Love and Email Hugs
Mona White
Prayers this will work! Take the girls to Morgan's Wonderland while there--you need a reservation, Katie is free and you and William should be $5 each and Laura Beth is free--any one else is $15. She can do everything from the stroller even, it is SO accessible! www.morganswonderland.com
ReplyDeleteLove, Bonnie, John and Daniel
Ok, I saw the San Antonio comment---Morgan's WOnderland is in San Antonio
ReplyDeleteMy name is Elin, and I live in Franklin. My organization, My Heart Guardian Angel Dolls, donates its uniquely designed dolls to children enduring traumatic/stressul circumstances. I know a doll isn't going to treat the cancer, but I would be honored to send your daughter (and any siblings) a doll to help provide comfort during her fight. You can visit my website to see what the dolls look like...www.myheartangels.org. I would also love to give your name, number, or email to my Ministries Coordinator, Kristi O'Quinn, and an organization called Battle4aCure.
ReplyDeleteIf I could answer any qustions or anything, please don't hesitate to call or email.
My prayers are with Katelyn and your family.
Elin Phillips
979-828-3018
979-219-1755
elinphillips@ymail.com
My thoughts and prayers go out to you abundantly! I pray that this hospital will have answers for you and a treatment for your precious daughter. I know God is with your beautiful daughter.
ReplyDeleteI too have a little one with Neuroblastoma, his situation is much different as he was diagnosed at 3 months old (he's now 14 months). God does hear prayer, and he does have a plan for everyone. Keep the faith!
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/SuperKeeganRay
We pray that this clinic is the chosen path for his miracle to take.
ReplyDeleteI'm so so sorry, Christa. I received an email a few days ago from a friend of a friend who knows you...I was in tears as I started reading the blog and realized I was reading about Katie. If you ever want to talk please don't hesitate to contact me!
ReplyDelete-Shanna (Layla's mom)
shanna@laylagrace.org
James 1:5-6
ReplyDeleteBut if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He is generous to everyone and will give youwisdom without criticizing you. But when yuo ask God, you must believe and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like a wave in the sea bl;own up and down by the wind.
Praying for you every day. May God grant you the peace and wisdom that you need right now.
ReplyDeleteLeigh Ann Dyer
I was ready to send my check when I read the posts of FB but I will hold off until I know you are ready for it. Please let me know! In the meantime, my prayers are with you. Stay strong! I know that our Heavenly Father is in control, He is holding you in the palm of His hand, and He will give you strength!
ReplyDelete