Dr. Russell called today. Katie's cancer has spread. The ones on her skull are pressing into her brain. She had numerous ones on her legs and arms...she has several in her lungs. The one pressing on the nerves to her bladder is larger. She has ones in her pancreas. There are no other options for treatment...we will begin planning for her death. Please pray for a miracle...and for peace.
Christa... My heart is breaking for your precious family! Prayers for a miracle and for peace and strength! Lacie B.
ReplyDeleteChrista, we too are praying for a miracle. Taylor reminded me that "God can heal Katie". We love you all and will be bringing you before the throne continuously. John, Cyndi, Dakota and Taylor Payne
ReplyDeletePrayers and peace for your whole family - I know your hearts are breaking.
ReplyDeleteChrista, I've kept up with your blog of course ever since moving to Houston. This is unimaginably heart breaking news. I've always prayed continuously for Katie and I pray now for more miracles, for peace, for strength, and for God's grace to bring only comfort. PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do.
ReplyDeleteThis just breaks my heart! I pray for you all to have peace and comfort during this time. - Thena Morris
ReplyDeleteYou have been so strong and brave and faithful -- and so has Katie. You all remain in my thoughts and prayers. Diane (in Baton Rouge)
ReplyDeleteHeart wrenching news. I know God will sustain and strenghten you all. Your Church family will be there for you also with love, compassion and a helping hand. Just know we care and will pray for you daily. Lois Williams
ReplyDeletePrayers for your journey from Dallas TX. We have followed your story and will continue adding your family to our family prayers.
ReplyDeleteI cried when I read this post. I am praying for Katelyn and that she will feel no pain from this horrible disease. To the parents, please keep your faith up as I know it is being tested at this time. Please remember that all this is God’s hands and I hope that this turns around for the best. My prayers are with your family.
ReplyDeleteKristina
Praying for you from Lufkin Texas
ReplyDeleteWe are here for you! I love you all. I love Katie so much. WE are praying for you. Love Sharon
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you and your family. God is watching over you and will give you the strength to get through this tough time. Misty Mosemann
ReplyDeletePraying for you.
ReplyDeletePraying for a miracle, there are no words... Love to you all from the Dill Family.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for all of you, that God will hold her in his arms and heal her little body, God is Able.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear this Christa - that's terrible news. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
ReplyDeleteMy heart is so heavy over this news. Praying for a miracle and for peace. I keep trying to think of the right words to say, but there are none. Tracy Padon
ReplyDeleteYour family is still covered in our prayers
ReplyDeleteBonie, John and Daniel
I have no words to comfort you. Only my prayers that God will help you find peace in this time of such heavy sorrow. You have all fought so valiantly. Such courage, tenacity, resolve ... I pray that you focus on the good times and that you're able to make some wonderful lasting memories if God takes her home.
ReplyDeleteI am so, so sorry. You are all in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. Your family is in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. Place Katie in God's hands and rejoice in the fact that she is still here. Enjoy every moment. We never know what tomorrow brings.
ReplyDeleteMuch love and prayers,
Lois Gray
There are no words to say...just prayers being prayed. Dearest Lord, please surround this family and bathe them in your comfort and in your love. Amen.
ReplyDeleteDear Lord Jesus, I pray that you comfort this wonderful family, please give Katie no pain and take the suffering from her body. Please give her family a peace as your child goes to Heaven. Please send Angels to watch over her and allow her to watch over her family when she comes to be with you. Amen
ReplyDeleteMy heart aches for you and the family and for Katie, we will pray for you all and my God have mercie on you, esp Katie. We are so very sorry,,, Thank you for shareing your baby girl with us.
ReplyDeleteI just saw this on facebook and I have seen my mother go through cancer and treatments. There is nothing more heart breaking than seeing someone you love go through something so horrible, and still be so resiliant. God's miracles do not always turn out how we expect, nor does His will. However, it is all in a bigger plan than we can imagine. I am sitting in bed, reading this, and already, I am affected. This is all part of His greater plan. My heart goes out to you and your family in this tough time and I will begin praying for peace for you all.
ReplyDeleteI am praying for comfort and peace for you all. I pray you can feel God's presence and love surround you in this time of heartache and pain. I also pray that a cure can be found for neuroblastoma and other children will see tomorrows because of the cure. May God bless you all and hold you close.
ReplyDeleteOh Geez Christa! I really CANNOT accept this and I am praying for a MIRACLE! You were such a great big sister THANKING me for my assistance in Ashleys life...then you turn mommy and are such a great one! WHY? My heart breaks for you cuz you surely do NOT deserve this! That is why I pray, I BEG the Lord to not make you deal with this! Sweet Katie has the eyes of an Angel, she is just so beautiful! Laura Beth adores her! My heart breaks for you but remember, WE BELIEVE AND WE NEED A MIRACLE!
ReplyDeleteLove and Prayers as always, Ms. Julie.
I’ve rewrote this comment over and over again. I’m really at a loss for words at a time when I feel like you need them the most. I want you to know that we love your family very much. Katelyn holds a very special place in my heart and always will. I’m praying that God will provide your family with strength, hope, and peace during this difficult time. Give Katelyn a ton of hugs and kisses from us.
ReplyDeleteOur family is praying for your precious Katie. We truly know what you are going through. Nothing we say will make you feel better but please know that your family will be on our minds and in our prayers every minute we are awake!! Please call if you need anything. Our arms are open and ready to help. We love you!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe Chuck Heath Family
Wow, this is certainly serious and I will pray for Katelyn tonight. But, there is another treatment option: burzynskiclinic.com
ReplyDeleteIt's in Houston and definitely worth a phone call and visit. He has helped many people. 281-789-7500
There is a toll-free phone number on the site. Hope this helps and you can get there soon.
I stumbled across your blog today, I do not know you and your family but I have been praying for your sweet angel (and all the Angeles at the hospital) for 4 months now. I am a protection officer at Texas Children's. I will continue to pray for Katie, and your family. Our God is mighty, and you are in his hands... I pray you can find peace and joy through this time!
ReplyDeleteI as with many seem to be at such a loss for words..I have tried to find the words today and as with the others havent seemed to. Katie has impacted me in mighty ways as have you. I know you will see Gods hand in this, but I am sorry it is not how we choose. Much love and many prayers. The Kelso Family
ReplyDeleteI can't find the words, but I DO know that God is in control and He will be with you during this time. We do know what it is to lose a child--doesn't matter the circumstances or age, it is tough. BUT God will carry you through.
ReplyDeleteMorris and Brenda Richards
I found your blog from a friend and have been following your journey. I'm so sorry that you and your family are doing this. A parent should never have to lose a child. I am still praying and hoping for a miracle for you.
ReplyDeleteGreat-Grannie Louise just called me and asked if I had read the news. Our prayers are with you and we have asked God to give each of you peace and place His arms around your shoulders. I will be sharing this news with our other prayer chains in Ky & CA. Our love to each, Bobbie & Chuck Gross
ReplyDelete((((((((hugs)))))))))) and love to you all. Erin Richie
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry that your family is having to go through this. I have never actually met you and William but feel for your family as if you were part of my own family. Your lives have touched so many and I am amazed at how you and William and Katie have handled this. My prayers and thoughts are with you and I know that God has been with you and will continue to see you through this. Pam Harris
ReplyDeleteMy prayers goes out to you and William. As someone that has lost a child as parent,cherish the moment right now even though it seems so difficult. Take one day at a time!!!!!!!! May God be with you in the coming days.
ReplyDeleteDenise Ferguson
Praying for your family during this most adifficult time. There are no words to express my emotions as a mother. God has blessed you with an angel. Praying for a miracle, strength, and peace! -Crystal, Taylor, and Emma Neeley
ReplyDeletePraying for your family. I cried when I read this. I hope that God gives you a miracle.
ReplyDeleteI said a prayer for Katie, for a miracle. I really hope God heals your daughter's body of cancer. My heart is breaking for you and I cannot imagine what you all are going through!
ReplyDeleteMisty
Prayers for Katie and you, her family. It's terrible that anyone has to suffer through the loss of a child. *hug*
ReplyDeleteAnne-Marie
I just found your blog about your daughter through a fb friend. I can't even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. I hope you don't think I'm a religious nut, cause I'm not. But it looks like in the natural there is absolutly no hope, but our God is a big God. I just want to say don't give up, don't start planning for her death. Start planning for a battle. Some things I have learned in some of my own battles: walk in love, keep strife out, believe God stand on his word, lay hands on that baby & pray for God to heal her receive her healing and thank God for it and speak to your mountain & tell it to leave, find scriptures that pertain to her sickness like the ones listed below and read them out loud several times a day. There is power in the spoken word of God. Chase doubt away I know it's hard that's why it's a battle. Jesus would tell people he healed YOUR FAITH HAS MADE YOU WHOLE. He also said FEAR NOT BELIEVE ONLY. I'm praying for your daughter & your family & I stand in agreement with you for her healing. Matthew 18:19-21 (King James Version)19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
ReplyDeletePsalm 103 2Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
John 10:10
King James Version
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
James 4:7
King James Version
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
1 Peter 2:24
King James Version
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Mark 11:24
King James Version
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Mark 9:23
King James Version
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Luke 8:50
King James Version
But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.
Just remember GOD is in control and has a plan for the family, although I know it is hard to understand. Please know we pray for the family and ask HIS will be done. You are the best parents and sister K could ever asked for and knows yall love her more then the world itself!!! God bless your family.
ReplyDeleteThe best answer to why bad things happen that I have heard, and where God is in those events, is that God suffers along with the suffering. May your daughter be soon released from her suffering and may you always know the joy of her spirit, the gift of her young presence. As we are all ephemeral. - Jenell
ReplyDelete