Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back Again

Today, Katie and I (Christa) headed back to Houston for our second round of chemotherapy at TCH. Daddy stayed home with Laura Beth this time. We got to Houston about 9 this morning....after some waiting we now have a room at 3 this afternoon. But to be honest it has been a good day. This morning there was a group of girls who danced some Chinese dances for the kids at the clinic.
Katie LOVED it. She was dancing around while they were dancing & then she got to actually dance WITH the girls. She was so excited. And then she made a dragon out of paper plates. To say the least she was impressed.
After we got to see the nurse practitioner & the doctor, we were put on isolation due to our pink eye. BUT that was okay...a little quiet was good. We played on the computer & read books. We even got free pizza delivered...And the Child Life Specialist gave us a doll with a central line & a kit for pretending to change the central line, taking blood, etc. She has named her Suzie. As I write she is changing Suzie's dressing for the fourth time.




So we are doing pretty good. The plan for right now is chemo through Sunday night, then a day to flush her line out with fluids & go home on Tuesday. Then we should be home for about a week & a half before we have to come back for scans. If the scans look good we will then have surgery to remove the large tumor on her adrenal gland & begin with a third round of chemo.

4 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well and Katie had a good playtime to start the day. Our prayers are with you and all of the family. Hope the second round goes ok and scans will look good.
    My prayers and best wishes
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katelyn,

    It looks like you had a good time today!! I LOVE the dance, you will have to show me the dance when you get home. I missed playing with you today and all the other days when you were in the hospital. I hope you feel better soon.

    love Ashlyn Hahn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Big Girl....

    You are a FABULOUS Dancer. I was so excited to see your video. I can't wait to see your new doll. Then you can show me how to change your dressing. I am planning on coming to see you on Saturday. Maybe we can build more domino towers.

    I LOVE YOU!!!!!
    Aunt Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, you are quite the dancer! Also, I love your paper plate dragon. Christa, it's great to hear the update. That doll with the central line is such a good thing -- I thought it was adorable that Katie had changed the dressing so many times -- such a big help for her. The plans sound good -- chemotherapy followed by a 10 day period and then more scans. I believe the scans are gonna bring really good news. I'll be thinking about everybody today.

    ReplyDelete