Monday, June 15, 2009

Quiet..

The posts are sporadic because there is not much to tell. Basically we are just here for the chemo and nothing else. And... praise be to God because Katie has not had any real problems this time (vomiting or diarrhea). The oral chemo medicine did go down better last night after the nausea medication kicked in and made her sleepy. She doesn't even remember taking the oral chemo! So that is the route I plan to go again today. Hopefully we will get to go home tomorrow....

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that she is doing well this time around. We are continuing to pray for your family. Thanks for keeping us up to date with how Katie is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When all else fells..drug'em....Just Kidding..

    So glad that yesterday's medicine time went so well. I pray for you both daily. We love you.

    Katie, Laura Beth can't wait to see you.

    Love you, Aunt Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean "fails", not fells.
    Is that the reason I left teaching??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear you and Katie are having a better stay and a posutuve response to the Chemo. May you have safe travel home and a GREAT remaining week at home. Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaitlyn,
    Hi how are you feeling today are you doing good.
    I am doing good so far, Tomorrow i`ll be having a byopsies done on my neck,and blooddrawn, Chemo Pills etc, and I`M also working @ VBS this week. @ Church from 9:00 AM -12:00 PM mon-fri. June 15-19,2009; i,m praying for you.
    Shelley AKA Koolkat

    ReplyDelete
  6. sometimes quiet is good! Glad that she is not having trouble with the meds. Still thinking and praying for you guys. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christa, You don't know me. I am the mother-in-law to Ricky Medeiros' sister, Michelle. She gave me Katie's web site. I check it every night to see how Katie is doing. Just want you to know I pray for her daily. I know that God still works miracles and pray that He will give one to you and Katie. I will continue to pray for all of you for strength and peace during this time. God bless your beautiful family. Pam Jeffers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you found a way for her to take the meds and not hate it so. Hope you get to go home as planned.Our prayers and wishes as always
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete