Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another unplanned visit to Houston..one of many

Katie began to have diarrhea on Tuesday and it continued to get worse on Wednesday (20+ times we were running to the potty!). When I called the oncologist they suggested going to our pediatrician. The pediatrician thought Katie was becoming dehydrated and referred us onto TCH because she (the pediatrician) was not comfortable treating her (Katie) because of her complicated diagnosis. So on to Houston I go. We made it there about 6 yesterday. We were in the E.R. for about 4 hours. They gave her fluids, took some blood, and did a stool culture. Basically stuff that could have been done at the Med (at College Station). So to say the least we were frustrated. BUT the good news is that we did get some different pain medication. It is still suppose to be taken by mouth but MAYBE it will taste some better. We got home after midnight this morning, but at least we got to sleep in our own beds. Please keep us in your prayers for finding a pediatrician, in town, that will feel comfortable dealing with the little things that come up. Thank you.

10 comments:

  1. So glad you are at home and I am so sorry for the setback with Katie. Hope she is better today. Christa, we do remember you and family in prayer, believing and doubting not in our heart that God will heal Katie. During many dark days of a long sickness years ago I stood on Mark 11: 22-26. I will stand on behalf of Katie for this mountain to be removed and cast into the sea concerning her health.

    God Bless You,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will pray. Poor little one. I can't imagine having to drive 2 hours with diarrhea. I hope she's feeling better today.
    - Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, know, I know you're frustrated with the pediatrician, but she is the one who thought you should go to TCH in the first place. She is good, maybe she just got a little freaked out. Hang in there!! -Corissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That trip from your neck of the woods to Houston is no fun & I know you do not want to be on the road everytime you turn around. You will find a Dr soon that will help with the "small things"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie Riley (Mom, NANA)June 5, 2009 at 11:30 PM

    Christa,
    I haven't heard from you since you called and let me know you were home safe. Sorry I fell asleep I guess. Thanks for leaving the voicemail to let me know. I hope I was some help to you Wed. That is what I want, to just be here for you for ANYTHING you need, and to take care of Katie anytime I can. Also Laura Beth anytime you let me keep her it is a blessing.I intended to call this evening when you would be on your way home from work and I got busy. I hope William and Katie had a good day today. Did he try to keep Laura Beth too? I hope he let her stay with Granny or Marilyn. That is a lot to handle all at once. Tell my Katiebug I love her. Kiss her and Laura Beth from Nana. Love you. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just visited Elwood and I want you and your family to know that We are all praying for you daily! My heart goes out to you!!! I will pray for her comfort and healing!!! Please let me know if you just want to talk....I will be here to listen!! Sheree Wiseman 281-628-5672

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our family is praying for yours each and every day. We hope everything goes well. There is one thing you can count on, everything will go as GOD has planned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still praying for Katie. So sorry that she's going through this. I pray for quick healing for her and that you all feel God wrapping His arms around you during this time.

    Saw your blog for the first time, and your girls are SO beautiful! What blessings they are! :-)

    BTW, we miss you TERRIBLY!

    With Much Love, Your 4:00 on Friday,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you haven't already, you really should start a group on Facebook for Katie.
    It REALLY helps get the word out there & the prayers will just POUR in!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christa, I think and pray for your family daily. Gracie really missed Katie in dance, as did we all. If there is anything, please call. Just know that you are in prayers!
    Leigh Ellen Howeth & Gracie!

    ReplyDelete