Friday, June 12, 2009

Another Quiet Day...

Thank goodness for quiet days! Everything has been pretty quiet around here. Katie has been in a really good mood. So far, the chemotherapy has not affected her as bad as it did last time. But the reality of it is, she was a lot sicker last time. It gives me hope that this chemo is really working. She took her medication a little better today. We have begun a sticker chart. For now, every sticker she get something for her doll, Suzie. Once we get home we will start to increase it...for every 2 stickers you get something, then every 3 and so on. Some good news is that if she wakes up tomorrow without yucky eyes she can go to the playroom. She is excited about this. All she wants to do is play games that they have down in the playroom....so if any of you would like to get us travel games, have at it (they are easier to lug around with you)...

Also wanted to let everyone know how very much we appreciate all the wonderful things that you have done for us. I can not tell you how overwhelmed (in a good way) we have been by everyone's generosity. People we do not even know are sending us cards, money, and gifts. We are amazed daily by God's wonderful love for us. Because of this we KNOW that He is going to bring Katie through this. I can not imagine life without her...and I just know He has big plans for this little girl.

1 comment:

  1. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
    Jeremiah 29:11

    This is the verse that I hang on to every day.

    With much love, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete