First I would like to say thank you to everyone who sent us sweet messages and especially those of you who were praying for us. Today William, Laura Beth, & I celebrated Katie's birthday as best we could. Laura Beth & I baked a strawberry cake with real strawberries and chocolate icing just like Katie loved! Mind you, she didn't really like to eat it BUT she loved making it. So did Laura Beth...of course she enjoyed helping me make a cake mainly because she got to eat some strawberries! After we finished the cake, we took the cake & some balloons out to Katie's grave. A big thank you to the Shannon & Payne families who sent us some beautiful balloons! We put the large butterfly on her grave with some that my sister had put there. We sent 5 off to Katie & kept the big watering can balloon for Laura Beth. Laura Beth was so precious. She said that it was "Katie's party". She waved and blew a kiss while watching the balloons float up to the clouds. She talked about Katie's balloons and Katie's' party all the way while we driving to go to eat. She said several times "I wanna see Katie". It was so hard to explain to my precious 2 year old that she can't see Katie now...but we did look at some pictures of Katie. All in all it was an okay day...Not one that I would have chosen if I had been given a choice. No, I would have chose to have a "Little Mermaid" party with my 5 year old. I say "Little Mermaid" because Katie had decided months AGO that she wanted a "Little Mermaid" party. She was forever a planner!
We Love you Katie!
Oh what a special way to honor Katie on her birthday! I am so glad you all were able to make it special!Love you all three. Mom
ReplyDeleteWith all the fuss of Christmas, many forget.... They forget a Savior was born. They forget, that not everyone's Christmas is painfree. I did not get my son for Christmas, and thought it was the end of the world. I cried a lot. He comes home tomorrow and I am estatic. AND after reading your blog I am reminded I am so blessed. I get to see and hold him tomorrow. He is six and he is my world. Your strength is amazing, your faith inspiring. May God bless you. You and yours are in my prayers...
ReplyDeleteAngie
Christa - I just read your two posts and all I can say is I am so proud of you. Your are one in a million and I know God and Katie are proud of you too. You still have the heart,courage and faith that many will never have. I pray that God will keep you,William and Laura Beth in His Hands forever and reunite you one day with your Cuddle Bug. Again Thank you for letting me be in your life and thank you for teaching me the true meaning of love.
ReplyDeletePrayers,Love and Email Hugs
Mona
Christa, William and Laura Beth,
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful memories you are all making. Thank you so much for sharing this story with all of us. You are always in my prayers and will continue to be. Everytime I see a butterfly I think of Katie. Thank you all for sharing Katie with us. I pray that someday I will have the strength and faith that you have. My faith is strong but not near as strong as yours or as it should be.
I am praying for you.
Karen Hammock
Conroe, TX