It has been 4 days since Katie left us to be with Jesus. It has been a whirl wind of emotions. The sadness comes in waves; for me mainly at night. During the day, William & I often find ourselves wanting to call someone to check on Katie...but we do not have to do that anymore. Jesus is taking care of her now...and boy does he have his hands full! I can just imagine that her chatter has not yet stopped. She is probably asking a ton of questions and telling him a few things that she has been thinking about! To say that we miss her would be an understatement, but there is a peace that is holding us together. We know that peace is a result of your prayers and we thank you for that. Katie has been healed in heaven but we continue to be broken-hearted here on earth. Thank you for continuing to pray for us and following our journey, even past death.
Visitation will be tonight at Madisonville Funeral Home from 2-8 with the family being present from 5:30 to 8.
The funeral service will be at First Baptist Church in Madisonville at 10 with burial to follow at Plainview Cemetery.
BOTH will have a closed casket. Please remember to wear bright colors to honor Katie's love for them.
Still praying that God will keep you in his loving arms and continue to comfort you and give you peace.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Ms. Gray
Thanks for the family update..many thoughts and prayers are with you all during this difficult time. Keep your (for lack of a better word) positive outlook on things. As you said Katie is in a much better place and it is all of our ultimate goal to get there.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and praying for you all. I'll bet Jesus is getting a real kick out of having Katie nearby. I can think of none better to watch over that beautiful child!!
ReplyDeleteMy Prayers and Praises will be with all of you forever. Your strength and also you ability to show us the hurting Mom and Dad has made you both so important to me. I know Katie is really getting the lowdown on everything. Have strength to get thru tonight and tomorrow. Even with not being there tomorrow I will wear the brightest colors I have in Honor of Katie.
ReplyDeletePrayers, Love and Email Hugs
Moan White
Christa, Just wanted you to know that I visited the funeral home today and everything was absolutely beautiful! What an amazing job yall have done in honoring your precious angel! Every picture of her is gorgeous! She is one special little girl and I truly believe her life has made a difference here on earth...right here in Madisonville! My heart breaks for you and your family....there are no words....just lots of prayers!
ReplyDeleteKrista and William,
ReplyDeleteI was referred here by a friend who lives in Washington and is praying.
I have been praying for you and just wanted to say I hurt for you and am praying for God's peace for your hearts right now and as you yearn to be with your precious girl someday.
Thank you for sharing your journey and heart and ways we can pray.
Laura Ann Grymes
Agape Wellness massage CS, TX
Christa and William,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I didn't know about your blog until now. And yes, I'm fairly sure your little Katie has a lot to tell Jesus about things going on down here and how he needs to fix them...She was actually on my heart a lot last week. I spend all of last Wednesday at Camp Periwinkle and had planned on heading to San Antonio right after which made me think of her and your whole family. I ended up not leaving until Saturday but was heartbroken for you when Marcelle told me the news on Thursday. I was thinking about and praying for you and your family. Katie is and always was an angel. The fact that she is no longer in pain is comforting, but I know that you would rather have her here. I've only known you and Katie for a little over a year but I am honored to have met her. She is like no other little girl I've ever met and truly a special little angel.
Love,
Erica
still praying :)
ReplyDeletePowell family
Thank you for continuing to share with us. May God's grace and mercy continue to pour over you during this difficult time. Rest in knowing that Katie is with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. As broken-hearted as you are here on Earth, find comfort in knowing that someday you will be reunited in the presence of the Lord with your beautiful, precious daughter. That will be such a wonderful blessing and joyous experience. God bless you, William & Christa & Laura Beth, too.
ReplyDeleteConnor family:
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers have been with you non-stop. I can't imagine the immense grief you must feel but also the peace that comes in knowing Katie is healed and whole and you WILL hold her again someday.
I pray the day will be a beautiful memory of your precious girl. May God hold you in His arms and while there may you feel Katie's spirit.
This past Saturday my kids held a lemonade stand to help raise money for pediatric cancer research. The money will be donated to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation. In 4 hours they raised over $700. Katie was just one of the many children we honored that day. So you know what your daughter meant to your community, a 10 year old boy from Madisonville drove over and donated $20 of his own money to help find a cure...so other kids will not have to suffer like Katie.
I hope Psalm 91:4 is with you today:
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
May you feel His feathers and with Him find peace and understanding.
Let your family feel you today sweet girl. I know you are flying high...as your job on earth is complete - you served Him well.
Much love,
Alicia Hutchins
College Station, TX
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We know Katie is with Jesus have a grand time.
ReplyDeleteEven thru your pain you will find peace.Katie will have bright color Angel wings and for ever watch over you.Honor her memory and she will always be with you.She has walked the valley and now she will for ever shine.Remember that in your darkest hours she is forever healed.We will continue to pray for you and your family,The memories do get easier in time.
ReplyDeleteNot able to attend the service, but I am wearing bright colors this week in honor of Katie. Praying...
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I had to miss the service today. Please accept my sincere condolences. I will continue to pray for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI'm wearing my pink today in honor of Katie!
Much love,
Carolyn
Thinking and praying for you all today.
ReplyDeleteI do not know you, however I have the most respect and admiration for you and your family! i have been following your website since Spanki posted something on her facebook a few weeks back! I myself have two little girls and am a strong believer in Jesus Christ and I am praying for your peace and strength to lead you through this! You are such a strong lady and I know you have touched so many by this tragedy! I cry tears for those who do not know the Lord and pray for you to continue your blog, you are amzing. I could go on and on! God Bless YOu!
ReplyDeleteMendy Arnold
Christa and William,
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you. Our prayers were answered and Katie is no longer in pain but you are left here with out your daughter. While there is peace in knowing she is in Heaven and safe there is still a pain in your heart. having been through a loss of a child I can tell you it is like a roller coaster ride. You have your ups and downs and dark moments through the tunnel. One day when you think you are the end of the ride you will feel you are back at the beginning. This is all a normal part of your grieving and every parents grief is different. Be gentle with yourself during this time and don't push yourself. Your family will remain in our prayers as your faith through this journey has been an inspiration to many. Katie's legacy will forever live on.
Amanda Douglas Hold
The service was beautiful. A wonderful celebration for one amazing little girl! Thank you William and Christa for sharing your journey with us and being the wonderful parents you are. You'll be in my thoughts in prayers!
ReplyDeleteThena Morris
William, I know you said people would not be saying all these things about your family if they could see behind closed doors. I don't think that is true. I think you and Christa have honestly shared a lot of yourselves. Maybe you didn't air ALL the heartaches and questions, but you shared enough for us to know you are human and struggling, yet continuing to trust in the Lord.
ReplyDeleteThat doesn't mean you (we) don't have doubts, questions and struggles. Didn't Jesus pray, "If it be so, let this cup pass from me."? I think that is probably yours and Christa's attitude.
I once told her I wish I could go through this for her and she said, "no, you don't."
I cannot imagine the grief and pain. I can only imagine the God that loves you and will give you peace, comfort, strength and, eventually joy.
I pray God will allow you to grieve over the loss so that He will be able to show you the incredible miracles that have been accomplished because of the testimony of your family.
Our prayers are continuous, as is the offer of a helping hand (or dry shoulder). We love you. Bro Don and Lorraine
William and Christa,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your journey with so many. the lives that have been touched I know would astound us. The visitation and service were beautiful. The picture frames, pictures, flowers and powerpoint were amazing. My daughter reminded me of time we were at Harmony and my youngest granddaughter was there and she was trying to do the Sit and Spin. She was about 13 months old and just couldn't figure it out. Katie walked over and said "let me show you how to do it it's really easy" she sat down spun a couple of times, got up and Autumn got on it and started spinning. Katie said, "see I told you it was easy". I know there will be good times and hard times and you will get through them. Please keep the blog going. I will continue to pray for your family. Thank you both again for sharing your story. I know it has helped many.
In His Care
Karen Hammock
Conroe, TX
William and Christa,
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful service today! A truly beautiful tribute to your daughter and to her Creator!
You will continue to be in our prayers.
Much love to you,
Shelly Bergeron