Thursday, August 5, 2010

update...

Good morning everyone. I wanted to let you know that there hasnt been much change in Katies condition. Her breathing rate is still half what it should be. Her kidneys are still hanging in there, in fact her urine is somewhat clearer and not as concentrated. Katie is still not eating anything, but she is drinking fairly well. Her heart rate is a little high, which is probably due to the stress her body is under. Katie is still in a lot of pain and is requireing quite a bit of pain medicine. We will continue to keep you updated. Thank you for the prayers and may God bless you for your faithfullness to pray for us. Have a great day in the Lord.

28 comments:

  1. Shanna Marsh posted your story a few days ago on her facebook status, and his has broken my heart to read what your precious little girl and family have been through and are still going through, I think of and pray for you guys daily. I have a 1yr old baby boy who is my world, and I couldn't imagine having to go through any of this. I have never really been good at giving word of encouragement, but I just wanted to let you all know that your family is in prayers and thoughts daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all Still praying for you and your families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much...You also have a blessed day with our Lord...xoxox

    Belinda Drake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shanna Marsh posted your story a few days ago on her facebook status. I am so sorry that your little girl and your family are going through this. Please know that I think about and pray for you all everyday! May the Lord bless you and bring you a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beyond my imagination what stress and pain your family has been going through and what strength you have shown through your faith in God. I would like to think that I would be as strong under the same circumstances and pray that whatever God has in store for your daughter and family will bring you all the peace you so deserve at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts and prayers are will ya'll May GOD bring you peace and comfort

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the updates during this difficult time for your family. Praying everyday! Praying GOD will bring you peace and comfort.

    Rita Powell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been following your story for a few days after reading about it on Shawnee Bridge's facebook. My heart is with your family. As a mother, I cannot imagine the overwhelming grief you are going through at this time. Your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. She is one special little girl, that GOD certainly has an amazing plan for. Hang in there and God bless you all. Praying for pain-free peace that your daughter deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. been praying.. Sabrina Ozio and Hannah Cole told me about this little girl and i will definately be praying for Katie and your family.. Much love

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pray that the Lord bless this precious angel and her family. Ease her pain and provide gently loving care to her and her family.In our Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for your family. May God work miracles in your life today! GOD BLESS YOU ALL! May the love, grace and mercy of the LORD cover you today and always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. May God comfort your precious daughter and your precious family! I heard about your family through Alice Fraley who posted your blog on facebook. Just know that prayers are being lifted up for your daughter and for your family! God bless you and give you faith, comfort, strength and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Continuous pray for Katie and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always praying for Katie. For no more pain. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. William and Christa ( and Laura Beth)
    My daughter has kept me informed of Katie's plight since she learned about it at work in Madisonville (She did some COTA work in your place, I think...). We check the blog and pray daily for you all, and the song "I Will Praise You in this Storm" now has an even greater, more personal meaning due to your steadfast faith and strength. May God continue to hold your tears in the palm of His hand.
    Glenda Ellis
    Centerville, TX

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just found this from a friend Susan K.
    I have read trough the entire ordeal and my heart and prayers are with Katie, and all your family and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read about your sweet daughter only after Shanna Marsh posted something about her on facebook. I didn't know Layla and don't know your daughter but am praying for her suffering to cease and to give her comfort so that Jesus can wrap his arms around her. I know that Layla will be there waiting with her arms wide open as well. God Bless you all for what you're having to endure. You all seem strong like the Marsh family and I am so terribly sorry for this horrific tragedy you are going through. No parent should have to watch their child suffer and I can't imagine what it's been like. I will be praying for you all and for your precious Angel. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. William and Christa:
    In the midst of all this I am sure you (WE) are asking, "Why?" As you read the comments and know all the people that are encouraged by your faith, that appreciate their kids more, and are looking for the little things to be thankful for.....I think (at least in part) that is WHY.

    What a testimony you have. I know you both are tired, hurting, ready to see your baby pain-free but more importantly, God knows. He WILL give you rest, comfort and peace. He HAS to - so many of us are asking on your behalf.

    We love you!!
    Bro Don and Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  19. our light affliction isnt always so light in this world. may the God of all comfort bring you peace in this time of tribulation. i am heartbroken for you guys and am praying for you.

    blessings,
    susan kelley

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ever since I began following your story my life has changed. I feel such strong faith that I didn't realize I had. I find myself thinking of your family and Katie everyday praying she will have peace either by healing or no more pain. It has caused me to look at my 2 year old daughter in a new way than before. I look at her now and imagine what it must feel like for your family and tears fill my eyes being thankful for her beyond belief. I question myself into wondering if it were me would i be that strong? I admire you for all your strenght and Katie is more of a blessing than you know, she has and will continue to touch so many. May God provide your family with comfort and peace always.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Katie continues to touch people lives in midst of her pain. God still has a plan and we know it is the perfect plan for Katie. In the meantime she will continue to touch people and you and William will continue to show your faith and dedication to our Lord and Savior. People see this and in their midst of daily living they will know who to look for each day and that is Jesus Christ. I pray the Lord will continue to give you peace, comfort and strength until God makes His final decision on Katie's life. God Bless You! And I am always there for you guys. Love You. Sharon and Mel

    ReplyDelete
  22. You and your family is in my prayers!!! God Bless this Little Angels Heart. She has been through so much!!! Kelli Howle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Isn't life amazing, even the innocent strive to preserse life to its fullest. I'm sure its bittersweet but it must be God's will.

    In my devotional today James 5:ll was quoted concerning the subject of Endurance. "As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverence and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy".

    Endurance in faith, hard as it may seem, brings happiness. Trials are not a sign of God's disfavor or His will to carelessly punish his children. The tenderhearted Savior never act cruelly. But through troubles, we draw close to Him and see God's power at work in our lives. Then, like Job, when we persevere in faith, God rewards us bountifully.(Pamela McQuade's Everyday Encouragement) May this offer you a Spiritual refreshment for the moment.

    Remembering Katie and all of the family in my prayers. All of you are always on my mind and mostly on my heart as this has truely affected the way I look and respond to life and the situations that come our way. God Bless You.
    Lois, Clyde and Logan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thinking of you often, praying for pain free for your Katie and peace for you....

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been listening to the Steven Curtis Chapman cd "Beauty Will Rise". All songs were written after the tragic loss of his little girl and everytime I listen I think of your family. My children and I pray for your family daily and my heart just aches but I have comfort in knowing that Katie will soon be pain free and hopefully many will SEE God's faithfulness through your journey.

    SEE- by steven curtis chapman

    Right now all I can taste are bitter tears
    And right now all I can see are clouds of sorrow.
    But from the other side of all this pain
    Is that you I hear, laughing loud and calling out to me?

    Saying "See, it's everything you said that it would be,
    And even better than you would believe.
    And I'm counting down the days until you're here with me,
    And finally, you'll see."

    But right now, all I can say is "Lord, how long
    Before you come and take away this aching?"
    This night of weeping seems to have no end.
    But when the morning light breaks through,
    We'll open up our eyes and we will see

    It's everything that He said that it would be
    And even better than we would believe
    And he's counting down the days 'til He says "Come with me."
    And finally he'll wipe every tear from our eyes
    And make everything new, just like he promised
    Wait and see, just wait and see, wait and see

    And I'm counting down the days until I see
    It's everything He said that it would be
    And even better than we would believe
    And I'm counting down the days 'til He says, "Come with me."
    And finally, we'll see. We will see.

    Oh taste and see that the Lord is good, the Lord is good
    The Lord is good. Oh taste and see that the Lord is good
    The Lord is good.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Still praying for you all, always. Katie and her family have witnessed to more people in the last year than most people do in a lifetime. God will surely bless you all, for this.
    Love Ms. Gray

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sorry to hear about your loss, but we all know she is now in a MUCH better place, free of pain. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers in this tragic time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Clear Lake, Texas...My heart just aches right now for your family. I will continue to pray for God's peace and mighty hands to cover you all.

    ReplyDelete