Tuesday, August 3, 2010

pray.....

Hey everyone this is William, I pray life finds you well. I just wanted to say that we don't know if Katie will make it through the night. We would like to ask everyone to pray that God takes her home to be with him soon. Katie deserves to be with God, free of pain, worry, and heartache. Katie deserves to be healthy and active, she cannot be that here anymore. The fact is that Katie has not been here for a little while now, her body is here but Katie, our Katie is not here. We don't want to see her go but at this point it is the best thing for her. I used to pray that God would spare her life, but that was selfish. I have realized through this trial what is important to me in regards to our children, it is their well being and their happiness. What better place to find that than Heaven. I take comfort in the fact that I will not have to worry about her anymore. That does not mean I won't think about her and miss her everyday of my life. It is just good to know that no more harm will ever come to her. We will continue to keep you posted. Thank you all for standing in the gap for us and Katie. Each one of you have been a blessing to our family, God will honor that. Have a great night and don't forget to give your kids a hug before bed. If they don't live with you anymore call them and tell them you love them just in case tomorrow never comes. If any of you have issues with your kids settle them tonight, don't let the sun set on your anger, you may regret it for the rest of your life. Thanks again and goodnight.

61 comments:

  1. God Bless you William and Christa. We will continue to pray through the night. Yes Katie deserves God's mercy and comfort. Lord, please
    receive her into Your arms soon in Jesus name. Your advise was profound and may every parent or person who knows of Katie have a renewing with their loved ones and begin to nurture their children as God would have us. Lois& Clyde

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words of comfort I can give you right now, other than knowing the pain of losing a child, no matter what age. We did have Josh longer and I cannot imagine what you are going through watching your precious little Katie. I pray that she is in comfort on her way to God, and that you know we love ya'll and are praying for ya'll. There will not be a day go by that you won't think about her, and that's okay. There are days that you will cry, and then you will think of something funny and cute she did and you will laugh, and that's okay. It's good to remember the fun things, because that is how she wants it. I know that Josh will love little Katie and keep her company. Our love to you...

    The Collard's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course prayers will be said for you and your family. As hard as it will be to day goodbye, you are right Katie deserves to be pain free. May God bring you peace in his love and promises.

    Amanda Douglas Hold

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you through the night. May you take comfort in knowing that your precious child will soon hurt no more and will live eternally with our Almighty God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know you...I worked with Glenn @ Normangee HS for a number of years. I just want you to know that I have prayed every single day for your family and for Katie. My heart breaks for you as you are going through the hardest thing that a parent should have to go through. Your strength amazes me and I admire that quality in both of you. I pray that as Katie slips from your loving arms into Jesus' loving arms that you will find comfort in knowing that her pain is gone and everything that she was worried about is gone, and she will be so happy. I pray that you will all find peace and comfort in the days ahead of you. You have been and will continue to be in all my thoughts and my prayers.
    Judy Davis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about Katie, God has a plan for your family. I pray that she passes into his arms with peace and grace. I wish the best for your family. May God be with you, he's already with Katie. God Bless, you'll remain in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot begin to imagine what your family is going through. Words always seem empty to myself in situations like this, but she will be in a better place and free of pain. A place of pure innocence that can never be taken away. My thoughts and prayers to your family.

    ES

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading this post breaks my heart. My daughters and I pray for Katie and your family every day. I have no idea of the pain that you feel but I pray that in some way God gives you comfort in knowing that Katie is going to be the most beautiful angel in heaven and will be there to greet you when you are lucky enough to go and be with her. Lots of Love to you, your family and precious Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shanah and Darlene GrishamAugust 3, 2010 at 9:35 PM

    Our Hearts, Prayers and every thought are with you all. May God bring your little fighter home in peace, she fought so long for us but its her time now. Katie is loved by so many and always will; we will remember her forever.

    As Katie sang in church a few weeks back...Jesus loves me! This I know,
    For the Bible tells me so;
    Little ones to Him belong,
    They are weak but He is strong.
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    The Bible tells me so.

    Jesus loves me! He who died,
    Heaven's gate to open wide;
    He will wash away my sin,
    Let His little child come in.
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    The Bible tells me so.

    Jesus loves me! loves me still,
    When I'm very weak and ill;
    From His shining throne on high,
    Comes to watch me where I lie.
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    The Bible tells me so.

    We love you all ~Shanah and Darlene Grisham

    Jesus loves me! He will stay,
    Close beside me all the way;
    He's prepared a home for me,
    And some day His face I'll see.
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    Yes, Jesus loves me!
    The Bible tells me so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My thoughts and prayers will be with you during the night and the days to come. I am praying that Katie will meet our most precious Lord and Saviour soon so that she will be free from the pain and will be a strong and healthy little girl again. I know it will be one of the hardest things that you will ever do, but just imagine Katie sitting on our Saviours lap with his arms around her. Through your blog Katie has touched so many lives. As parents to Katie, I thank you for sharing your story about your precious family. Watching your family and Katie go through this time in your life has open up so many hearts and Katie is the greatest example of how Christian people need to love and support each other. There aren't many word that will comfort you now but your faith in God will get you through this. Love to Katie and all you family. Sue Persosn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love to you guys. Thank you for the reminder of our kids we take for granted. For you do not have that choice....Love to you and yours, William....
    Angie Donaho

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so true to always let your family know how much you love and care about them. Times like this really make you cherish each and every moment we have with our loved ones. Katie is definitely blessed to have parents and a family that love her so much. I know it is going to be so hard for all of you to lose her but to know, without a doubt, that she will be in Heaven with Jesus has to be so comforting. And, you will be with her again one day. Your faithfulness during these last 14 - 15 months has been amazing and I know God will bless you. I know that you have touched my heart in the way that you have handled this situation. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya'll, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. praying everyday continuously for your family and will continue to do so.
    Powell family

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for Katie,And katie family.God please help and give them Strength.

    Gigi Nacianceno

    ReplyDelete
  16. My family and I are praying with you tonight that Jesus will take Katie home with Him soon. I love the picture of Jesus surrounded by all the little children. Katie will soon be playing at His feet, pain free and in perfect peace. Your family has been a witness to the love that comes only from Christ and the strength that only He can give. You have shared that your hope is that He is glorified through this journey. Rest assured, He is high and lifted up through your family's witness and Katie's sweet spirit. May He continue to hold you all in His strong and gentle arms.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No words, just praying as so many, many people are doing right at this moment. I lift you up in Jesus' name...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praying so very hard for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Prayers continue for Katie, Laura Beth, You William and Christa...I won't sleep tonight, not a wink. Praying without ceasing for sweet Peace, Love, & Hope. Thank you for keeping us posted.
    For Katie: Daniel 12:3 ...even though she was still a baby, she did shine and will shine forever. C.J. & Mona Wagner (Walker County, Tx)

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Keep on believing God will answer pray. Keep on believing, never despair. Tho you be heavy leaden and burden loads of care. Remember God still loves you and He answers prayer." Hello William and Christa. This is a song I learn during my Sunday worship. My prayer goes to you and family. (May the God of hope filled you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Prayers for your whole family as the Katie is enveloped in Jesus' arms. I know this must be heartwrenching for you, but she will be shining in God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Praying for your entire family and your precious Katie. Praying for His comfort and for His peace, for His strength and for His love to encompass you all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We do not know each other but, I feel as we do. My family and I pray for your family constantly and will continue to.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Peace be with you and your family thrue the night and days to follow turn to the Lord and each other you will make it with is help Praying Katie has no more pain only happiness with Jesus and Ya'll the peace and comfort to continue

    ReplyDelete
  25. May you all find peace and comfort in this unbearably difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm not sure why this happens to children but my heart is breaking for your family. I am praying for Katie and I am praying for all of you. I'm sorry - so sorry for what you are all going through. Have peace in the knowledge that when she is with God she will have no pain.

    ReplyDelete
  27. There is a song "God Has a Rocking Chair in Heaven" that was sung at our grandaughter funeral that brought peace to us. I will be glad to share the words with you. Our family have kept Katie and all of you in our prayers and thought. May God keep His loving arms around your shoulders in the days, hours and minutes ahead. God Bless each of you, Bobbie & Family

    ReplyDelete
  28. We're praying too. Love you all!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  29. Psalms 30:3....Hold on My child, joy comes in the morning. Praying and knowing He is gently rocking your baby, His baby, in the palm of His mighty hand. Prayers for all...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Our Lord God...would you please have your angels sing over precious Katie and remove her fear of going to heaven without her family? Please pour Your peace over Katie and her family. Please, Father, help them to look eternally and cover them in Your love and comfort in the meantime. We praise You for the life you created in this precious girl. Please let Katie feel nothing but love right now...love from You, her Father, and from her family.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am praying for your family. I can tell yall are amazing parents, and I know Katie feels the same way. It takes an amazing parent to be able to think about what is best for their child, when that means loosing their child (but remember, you are not loosing her, her body will no longer be with us, but she will forever be with you wherever you go). It takes a big person to be able to step back in this kind of situation and say "my child needs to be with God". Yall are truly inspiring... I work in a hospital, and I truely wish we had more people like yall that could step back and realize what is best for the person who is sick and suffering. Please, take pride in the fact that yall love your daughter so much that you are praying for her pain to end, which in turn you will bear the greatest pain of your life... That is true love. God Bless your family and God Bless Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thinking of you all and continually lifting you up in prayer.

    Lynn King

    ReplyDelete
  33. I do not know you or your family but my heart goes out to you and I will definitely be praying for your strength to get through these difficult days ahead. God, give this family strength and a closeness like no other. I know how precious our little angels are as I came very close to losing my daughter 13 months ago when she was 3mo old.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dearest Friends:
    We are asking God for mercy, peace, comfort and strength. Please call us no matter what time it is. We love you. Bro Don and Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  35. Praying for your family and for your sweet Katie!
    I followed Layla's story and continue to be blessed by her strength and indomitable spirit! Now I am blessed once again to see the spirit of your Katie and your faith in our Lord!

    Melissa
    Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  36. You don't know me, but I know of you through Carolyn and Connor. I am praying for your family tonight. May the Lord bless you and comfort you all.
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  37. My thoughts and prayers and with Katie and you all.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  38. Praying for complete peace tonight and in the coming days. Thank you for sharing your sweet Katie with all of us. Her life and your faithfulness have and will continue to bless so many!

    ReplyDelete
  39. You do not know me, but Cyndi Payne is my cousin, she has shared her request for your family and I am praying for you and your daughter that God will take her quickly so that she will not suffer anymore, that he will give you all peace and comfort during this time of need and sadness. God Bless you all. It will only be a short time until you will be reunited in Heaven. :-)

    Aletta Southerland

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks William for your words of wisdom. Katie's illness and the sharing of her story and the heartache that your family is going through has touched the lives of many. God has used Katie in such a magnificant way in such a short time. Many lives have been touched and many more to come as you continue to share your growth in the Lord after Katie leaves here and goes to be with our Lord. There will be many more things that God will have you share.. Katie your chariot is waiting to take you to the most magnificent castlein the sky so grab your wings little angel and fly..

    ReplyDelete
  41. A friend sent me to your blog. I can barely breathe thinking of the pain you all must feel. I will pray for all of you throughout this night and in the coming days. God Bless this precious angel!
    Dawn Bratton
    Athens, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  42. | Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all. -- 2 Thessalonians 3:16 |

    ReplyDelete
  43. Although, I dont know you or Katie, I pray that God will bless you all with the peace of knowing that Katie no longer has to suffer. I know your pain all to well, although my Angel in Heaven didn't suffer a lengthy illness and for that I am thankful. He was nearly 7 when he died in a farming accident. I think some children are just so sweet and so special that God needs them with him. You will think about her daily and she will ALWAYS, for the rest of your lives, have her own very special place in your hearts. God Bless You and Your Angel, Katie......Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  44. I pray that God holds each of you, as you hold each other.

    ReplyDelete
  45. after you posted this I asked my son(10) and nieces(10 & 7 who lost their dad a little over a month ago) to pray with me because I believe there is strength in numbers when praying and that a child's prayer is so much purer than ours, but after giving them a brief background on Katie and her current condition, my littlest niece said "oh, heaven is a happy place that's not a bad thing to go to be with Jesus, and once you're there you get to stay there forever and ever and ever" I know your loss and sadness will stay with you when Katie does not, but she will forever be in the happiest place imaginable with Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I'm still praying and hope that you know she will never be forgotten to those of us whose lives she has touched.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am praying for you and your family and I know God's love and healing will be on you and your family. After linking to this blog tonite I thought of the song of Steven Curtis Chapman,


    Heaven is the Face

    Heaven is the face of a little girl
    With dark brown eyes
    That disappear when she smiles
    Heaven is the place
    Where she calls my name
    Says, "Daddy please come play with me for awhile"

    God, I know, it's all of this and so much more
    But God, You know, that this is what I'm aching for
    God, you know, I just can't see beyond the door
    So right now

    Heaven is the sound of her breathing deep
    Lying on my chest, falling fast asleep while I sing
    And Heaven is the weight of her in my arms
    Being there to keep her safe from harm while she dreams

    And God, I know, it's all of this and so much more
    But God, You know, that this is what I'm longing for
    God, you know, I just can't see beyond the door

    But in my mind's eye I can see a place
    Where Your glory fills every empty space
    All the cancer is gone
    Every mouth is fed
    And there's no one left in the orphans' bed
    Every lonely heart finds their one true love
    And there's no more goodbye
    And no more not enough
    And there's no more enemy
    No more

    Heaven is a sweet, maple syrup kiss
    And a thousand other little things I miss with her gone
    Heaven is the place where she takes my hand
    And leads me to You
    And we both run into Your arms

    Oh God, I know, it's so much more than I can dream
    It's far beyond anything I can conceive
    So God, You know, I'm trusting You until I see
    Heaven in the face of my little girl
    Heaven in the face of my little girl

    I do pray that it brings you some comfort in knowing that one day you will see her face again.
    Dewayne Springer

    ReplyDelete
  47. Please Lord Jesus look after precious Katie and her amazing family, in Your Holy Name Amen

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you for your post, William. Praying and wishing Katie Godspeed in her journey to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I was just also thinking that for all of us that love your family and have been praying for you...our loved and dear ones in heaven will also be welcoming Katie and surrounding her with their love...I feel my own Daddy awaiting her now too...God helped me to see that our true home is to be back with Him and Jesus...and as much as we have loved our time on earth, heaven is our true, true home and it's the happiest thing ever to get to return...to be really, really home again. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  50. William - your post is so strong and one that will touch the hearts of all who read it. You and Christa have been such strong in faith parents thru all of this and have been a guiding light to all. I know that you have a aching heart right now and a spot will always hurt for Katie but you are a parent who wants only the best and you are strong enough to let go. I will pray for a peacefull passing for Katie and will know that when it comes she will be a happy little girl again. All of you are in my prayers and will remain so for as long as I am able to pray. God Bless all of you for you willingness to fight for Katie's healing and the Strenght to know when it is time to let her go.
    Prayers,Love and Email Hugs
    Mona White

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am praying for your whole family. May the Lord take her to her glorious home in heaven very very soon. May He comfort you all in your loss. I will pray on every remembrance.

    Your sister in Christ,

    Susan (friend of Michelle Medeiros)

    ReplyDelete
  52. With a heavy heart, I pray Katie can take Jesus' hand and leave the pain and suffering behind. Her little body will be healed and whole and she will be able to run and play just as every little child should be able to do. My heart hurts so badly for you and I am so sorry for the suffering you have all endured. I pray as Katie's suffering comes to an end that God will hold you all in His arms and provide you the love, comfort, mercy and grace to heal your suffering and broken hearts. You have been faithful servants to Him as you showed your daughter the path to His kingdom.

    This Saturday as my two children, age 10 and 7, host a lemonade stand to raise money to find a cure for pediatric cancer we will do it in honor of sweet Katie and the so many other children waging the war against this beast and in the memory of all of those who won and earned their angel wings fighting.

    In His Name,
    Alicia Hutchins
    College Station, TX

    ReplyDelete
  53. Christa and William, I don't know you personally but like some others, I found your blog through a friend. I'm praying for Katie and all of you to have the peace and comfort that only our Lord Jesus can give right now. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers in the days ahead as well.

    Carrie Hildebrandt, College Station

    ReplyDelete
  54. I have continously prayed for this sweet angel! I pray that God will take her in his arms and shelter her forever in his wonderful kingdom of heaven. My heart is so sad for the family as I know they will miss her terribly. But the thought of Katie being with God in His kingdom will lighten the grief I pray.
    Linda Tampke

    ReplyDelete
  55. William and Christa you have my prayers for little Katie and for you and all your family.
    Jim and I, and Jac and Sandy want you to know that your faith is so special. May the comfort and peace of Lord enfold you and help you through this time. God Bless and Keep you and may his peace and strength uphold you.
    Love and Prayers,
    The Colemans

    ReplyDelete
  56. Michael and Christa I have been following your blog since January and praying too. I have never left a comment bc I didnt want reading my comment to be one more thing you had to do. But after last night's post I felt like I just had to say something. Alot of people dont say anything bc they dont know what to say, when all they have to say is just something. So my something is, I'm praying for you guys just what you asked for praying for peace for you guys and for Precious Katie. I know the Lord has all power and in his name he will carry you guys through these trying times.
    Love Ashley N.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm sorry idk why i put Michael but I meant William and Christa
    Ashley N

    ReplyDelete
  58. Praying for God's Will to be done, for peace and comfort, and no more pain for Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Praying for you in this most difficult time. Thank you Lord for little Katie and the many lives she and her sweet family have touched.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I am Sherrie Chesser's sister! We are lifting your family up in prayer as your journey continues. God does have a plan! Katie has & will continue to touch many hearts and lives from her experience, as will your family. Thank you for all your post on this web site for many people to read. Sharing your life experiences is going to lead many to Christ. I pray God's timing is quick so there will be no more pain or sorrow for Katie! Once in Heaven she will have all the knowledge she needs to understand these short unhealthy years here on earth. Then Katie & Jesus will rejoice! Katie will understand her family will be coming home to Heaven soon! May God give all your family strength to endure until you reunite with Katie in Heaven. Us & our many friends are praying! Dawn Garig

    ReplyDelete
  61. Sue
    Lord as I come to you right now in petition for this young child and her family. I ask you to send down your healing virtue where ever she is and Lord you see how broken her family is at this time. I plead the blood of Jesus over this child right now. Lord let her and her family feel your presence in her room and let peace come to all them. This little angel of course belongs to you but Lord would you let her be raised up from that bed of sickness, I speak to this cancer a foul spirit of Satan to take your filthy hands off this child . She belongs to Her family down her, she was a gift from God to them. Lord I declare complete deliverance and healing right now in Jesus name.
    The Bridges Family!

    ReplyDelete