Monday, August 2, 2010
Numb...
As I sit here writing this I am listening to Laura Beth 'reading' herself a book and watching Katie slowly pass from this life. I hear life and see death all in the same moment. Today is truly the worst day....Katie is unable to stay awake at all. She mumbles every now and then and I can get her to speak up every so often but she doesn't open her eyes. I have spent the day looking at pictures of her and deciding which ones should be used in her tribute video. It is almost unbearable but I have to try because if I cry, Katie says, "Momma calm down" with as much force as she can muster. I worry most about my little monkey. I pray that I can make it through this and still be the mother she needs. I pray that I can make it through the sadness quickly so I can share the happy memories with Laura Beth. I pray that she knows how important BOTH my girls are to me. I pray that I can live in the present while cherishing my past with my Katie. Thank you for the prayers because we couldn't make it without them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
William and Christa, I still lift you up in prayer for strength and endurance. God, in Jesus name, continue to sustain this couple to the every end. Lord I know you will never leave or forsake them in this great trial and heartache. Fill their hearts with your love and make your presence known to each of them as they cling to one another. Send ministering Angels to comfort this family in Jesus name. Amen Lois and Clyde
ReplyDeletePraying for you.
ReplyDeleteHey girl, my heart breaks for you! I would give anything if I could make the pain go away! Yes, even tho you don't want to.....you must go on for Laura Beth! You are an awesome mommy and that is why it is so hard for Katie to leave you! Not your fault, just your god given gift! Hang in there honey, know that there are tons of us that love you and are praying for you!
ReplyDeleteLove and Prayers as always, Ms. Julie.
Christa you will make it through this. You will never get over it but will learn to live with it. You will be a better mother to Laurabeth. You will cherish every moment with her even more. After Joey died I prayed that time would fly by so the pain would lessen. You will smile again, it just takes time. And the faithfulness of friends standing in the gap praying for you when you aren't able to pray anymore will help you survive.
ReplyDeleteUse all the pictures you have. It will be hard to choose. Christa you and William are the strongest people I know. You will make it through this. God will give you the strength. You are constantly in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteChrista, I know that God has his loving arms wrapped around each of you right now. He is tenderly holding on to Katie as well waiting for her to letgo of you and her family so that he can take her to heaven and heal her. Katie is such a precious little angel and I know that all the angels in heaven will rejoice when they see her enter the gates of heaven. Although your pain is hard to endure right now you know that God is taking care of it as well. He is right there next to you on the floor holding your in his loving arms while you look at pics of your beautiful child. He is feeling your pain and wanting to take it from you. Your strength in all of this has come from the Lord. My prayer is for you and your family to continue to draw strength from the Lord and to go forward in what wonderful things He has planned for you. Right now noone understands why it is not for us to ask why but to ask instead for strength and clearer understanding.. The strength is coming now. The understanding will come in time. I wish I could give you a hug and say something more comforting right now. All I can do is continue to pray for each one of you.. I lift you all up to Our Lord.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you Christa & William. I don't even have the words.. Only tears..
ReplyDeleteMy Prayers for all of you Christa My heart is breaking at the thought of you all having to face all of this. I know Katie will be at peace and in time all of you will be too. I do not know what else to day except I have learned to love all of you and will be with you in spirit and prayers
ReplyDeletePrayers, Love and Email Hugs
Mona White
You all are on my heart today and everyday. My prayers are being lifted always.
ReplyDeleteLynn King
Thinking of you tonight and praying. Your amazing... Caroline from Quebec, Canada
ReplyDeleteHeartwrenching. I ache for you and her and everyone involved. You have been amazing through the last 14 months, and she is one amazing little girl. Laura Beth will know how much you love her. Motherhood is your calling and you walk with all of Heaven cheering you on as you raise her.
ReplyDeleteYou and William have more strenght than any young couple I know. You have gone thrue more that most people do in a life time and your still together drawing on the Lords strenght together.The two of you will make it thrue this and be a stronger family for it. Cherish everyday. Your in my prayers. Bobbie
ReplyDeleteWe follow your blog religiously and include you in our prayers daily. We don't know each other however you, your daughter and family have inspired us to be more faithful to Him, our Lord. I dreamed of your daughter last night, she was flying making good through all of the world. I woke up thinking and praying for her as I opened my eyes. You have inspired us, our family and I am so grateful you choose to share your journey and you and yours will never be forgotten here with us. What an amazing person and mother you are. Sending all of our love from Dallas, Texas.
ReplyDeleteBreanna Swanson
The Grace of God will be with you through this. I don't understand how and I can't comprehend it but He will give you the grace to survive. That is what His word says. Hold to His Word when you feel you can't go on. Even when you get angry at Him, hold to His Word. My prayers are with your family and that Jesus will give Katie complete peace.
ReplyDeleteChrista and William, you are going through the most heart wrenching moments that a parent ever has to face in their lives. No matter how long it takes through your journey of grief Laura Beth will know how much you love her and how much you miss her sister. Your little monkey will help give you the strength that you need to make it through this process you will go through. Stay strong in your faith and cling to the love of your family.
ReplyDeleteMany Prayers,
Amanda Douglas Hold
My prayers are with your entire family as you go through this! I pray that grants all of you the strenght to get through this. Just know that the only thing that will help you is your Almight God and time. Praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteThe Bridges Family
I'm praying for you.
ReplyDeleteMy heart is aching for your family during this time. I pray that Katie has comfort and peace when the Lord takes her home. As a parent l cannot imagine the pain of watching a child suffer or the pain of losing one. I commend you for spending every minute you have with her. Once the time is gone, you will have wonderful memories for a lifetime. The Lord will take special care of your sweet angel. Prayers.
ReplyDeleteThinking and Praying for you and your family. God will give you a strength that you have yet to see the moment she gets her wings. Laura Beth will feel your strength and you will only become stronger, closer, and cherish sweet moments even more as a family. Much Love from our home to yours, Stephani, Cheyenne, and Maverick
ReplyDeleteAs always, we are praying for you and William and Laura Beth. Love, love, love you friend.
ReplyDeleteSending prayers, so many prayers.
ReplyDeletePraying for you and your sweet girl. Though I don't know you, Katie's story has touched my heart and I will not forget her. Thank you for sharing her story, for your transparency and for your faithfulness and love of God. Praying that He will be your comfort today and forever.
ReplyDeleteprayers always.....comfort peace, God wrap your arms around this family. Amen
ReplyDeleteLove you guys
Angie Donaho
I want you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong but its ok to be sad and cry; she is fighting a good fight and at the end she will win when she meets Jesus in heaven and has no more pain.
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. May the Lord give you and your family peace that surpasses all understanding.
ReplyDeleteNumbers 6:24-26 The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.
God Bless you, a really good friend of mine sent me this site or your blog as a continuing effort to pray with and for you and your family. My heart goes out to you and I have no idea what you are going through. But I will say that it makes me appreciate the time I have with the one child that I have. Stay strong, The Lord is with you. I continue to pray.
ReplyDeleteGod and love will get you through. You are a wonderful mommy and your love for your girls is so obvious and so big. Laura Beth will see you hurt and see you cry but it wont change the fact that you are being the best mommy you can be. Just take it slow and hold them when ever you can. God will make a way. Katie will always be apart of you, always in your heart. As someone said I think this will make you an even better mommy to your little one. Every moment counts and you know that. Every breath is so precious. Each day we have is a gift. <3
ReplyDeleteChrista: As I read your blog this morning, I thought, "She is watching Laura Beth - a beginning and Katie an ending." Then I realized, Katie is just beginning, beginning to be in the presence of the Lord!! Beginning to not ever hurt again!! Beginning to sing with the other angels!!! Beginning eternity. I pray for God's comfort and peace for you and your family. If possible, focus on Katie's beginnings because she has given us so much to look forward to. Love, Lorraine
ReplyDeleteMy heart aches for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I know at times it was hard, but with it you have prayers and support from us all.
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in our thoughts and prayers!
Sending prayers and love to all of you...
ReplyDeleteThere are no words to say. My heart breaks for you and your family. What you are going through is unimaginable. I pray that you have strength, guidance and understanding.
ReplyDeletePraying for you all!
hi,
ReplyDeletei only started reading your page a few days ago but my heart aches for you. As a fellow mother of 3 i can't even imagine the pain you are going through. i hope the days to come are not too hard for you. you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers all the time.
-cheryl
My heart aches for you all. Know that Katie and you family have touched so many people its unreal. I will as a mother cherish every moment with my daughters thanks to you sharing you story. I am praying for you all continuously. I pray GOD gives you peace when Katie does leave us. I know you will have an angel watching over your family until you go and get to be with her.
ReplyDeletePrayers and love in Jesus name,
Powell family :)
Love and prayers, always.... It's o.k. to cry. Cry everytime you feel like it. In the car. In the shower, on the phone..... Tears are to comfort us.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Ms. Gray
If I were you, I would not leave her side. Hold her hands and kiss her and talk to her and then you will be there when the Angels from Heaven comes down. I know from experience that you can actually feel the presence of the Angels when they come down. I think that with her Mom by her side every second, she will feel more secure and not think about that she is leaving.
ReplyDeletePraying for peace. Praying for comfort. Praying for the Father to wrap you up in His love.
ReplyDeleteKathy Carson
I have followed Katie's story for a few months now and even though I do not know your family personally, I pray every night for your family and Katie. God Bless you. I want to tell you that because of Katie's story I feel more closer to God than I have in years. Thank you and your little angel.
ReplyDelete-Amy
My heart breaks for you and William..I will continue to pray for your family!
ReplyDeleteNissa
Your time was too short with your little girl. You may never understand on this side heaven why she was taken from you. I love my children so much but through your post I have somehow loved my children even more, had more patients with them and even spent more time just being lazy with my kids. May you continue to rely on our Lord for strength.
ReplyDeleteAngela Culbreth
Madisonville Texas
I will be praying for you and William. I pray for peace and for our Father God to wrap His loving arms around you and sweet Kate. Please take away her pain. I pray that she finds comfort in the fact that Heaven is a much better place to be and mom and dad and sister will all be together again. In HIS love
ReplyDeleteNatalie
As I read these comments everyone has already said what I would say. The lives that Katie has touched are countless. People read this and tell a friend to pray and tell them about your blogs and they tell a friend, and so on and so on, how many lives have you touched, how many souls have possibly been saved because of Katie and the love your family has for the Lord. Although we don't understand why our Heavenly Father knows. Cry if you need to, be angry if you need to, God will NEVER leave you or forsake you. Find you strength in Him. He is holding all of you near to Him.
ReplyDeleteKaren Hammock
Conroe, TX
i am at a loss for words. how can you put into words anything comforting at a moment like this. I pray for you and your family and that God wraps a blanket of love, comfort and peace around you like a yoke to bond your family during this difficult time. I pray that you have peace. I pray that you have patience with God and with your faith and that while i know what it is like to scream and be angry at God for what is going on with your baby that one day you understand that HE knew all along what to do. Trust in Him...never question God's love and know that he will always take care of you and YES you will see your Katie again and she will be free of pain. I am truly at a loss and want you to know that someone who has never met you but loves you is praying for your entire family and hoping that maybe the pain everyone feels FOR YOU will take the pain away that you are feeling today. I admire your strength.
ReplyDelete