Thursday, August 5, 2010

It is finished...

Katelyn passed from this life to be with Jesus at 5:07 p.m. today. She is at peace now. Funeral arrangements have been tentatively planned for Tuesday (Aug 10th) at 10 a.m. at First Baptist Church in Madisonville with visitation on Monday evening at Madisonville Funeral Home. Thank you for all of your support in this almost 15 month journey. Please continue to pray for all of our family as we mourn the loss of our beloved Katie.

124 comments:

  1. I would like to express my deepest sympathy to you and your family at this time.

    I will continue to lift you all up in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God comfort you and give you peace! Katie is in God's loving arms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deepest sympathies and peace for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIP baby girl...You have earned your wings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is playing with the Angels and sitting on Jesus' lap. She is no longer suffering. Our deepest sympathy to you and the family. We love you guys and are praying for you. I will miss my Katie. Love you! Sharon and Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are no words...only prayers for peace and strength for those left behind...just know your journey has taught many the true meaning of being a Christian parent...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can hear little Katie asking Jesus so many questions. What a legacy she has left for so many others. I will continue to pray for you. God will give you comfort and strength and He will see you through this. Love you and praying for you.
    Karen Hammock
    Conroe,TX

    ReplyDelete
  9. May God's peace and comfort surround you right now and for the days ahead. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless You and each member of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. William and Christa,

    Katie was definitely a little fighter and didn't give up until she had to. What a special girl! She has touched so many lives in the last few months and I'm sure led lots of people to Jesus. I know you are so proud of her. Katie does not have to suffer anymore and I thank God for that. I know the next few weeks, months and milestones will not be easy for you. I pray that God will continue to comfort you and give you peace. If there is anything you need, please call. Love ya'll, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. My prayers are with you and your family..my girls and I are praying for you daily. May peace come to your hearts and those around you.
    Crystal Ivey & Girls
    Mansfield Tx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am truely sorry to hear about your loss. I am praying for peace, comfort, and strength. Katie is no longer in pain, and even though it will be extremely hard to go on without her, she is no longer suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am praying for peace and comfort. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  14. My prayers are with your family during this devastating time. I am so sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  15. My heart goes out to you in this hard time, but I know Katie is playing and dancing and is carefree up in Heaven and no longer has to go through any pain. I pray that God continues to comfort you for as long as you need it and let you know Katie is finally healed.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I speak for many as I say we mourn with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying for you and I know that Katie is smiling and is no longer in pain!!! God Bless Heaven's new little angel!!! RIP Katie!!!

    The Bucknam's
    South Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll pray for your sweet Katie through life. Katie is now safe & playing in a Golden ranch. I hope she flies as high as she can and I know she'll somehow let you know that she loves you so very much. I hope you find some confort knowing she's not longer in pain.
    Inês.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christa,

    We will be praying for you and your family...May God's peace be with you.

    Emily West

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so sorry about your loss. Katie is now dancing with the angels in a place with no pain, anger, or sadness. My thoughts and prayers are with your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I offer my prayers through tear filled eyes.. May God heal your broken hearts and give you His peace.

    ReplyDelete
  22. May GOD guide you and give you peace as you go thrue the pain of Katie going home Many mourn with you but only you and William know the same pain don't forget to turn to each other and the Lord may he bring ya'll thrue the sorrow and make ya'll strong as a couple prayers are with you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  23. May the Lord help heal your broken hearts and continue to give you the strength that you need to live each day to the fullest. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Connor Family,

    I am so sorry for your loss, and for what your family has been through in this battle. I am thankful that Katie no longer suffers and will continue to lift you all up in prayer as you wait here to see her again in heaven.

    Lynn King

    ReplyDelete
  25. Brandi - Spring, TXAugust 5, 2010 at 7:14 PM

    Prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss, continue to lean on your faith and God and the fact that Katie is no longer in pain and that you will each see her again one day. What an awesome testiment your family has been to so many others during this struggle. I pray for peace, love and memories to carry you through this time. May God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Prays going up for you and your family! May God bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  27. May God bless your family in this time of sorrow and may it be some comfort to you knowing that your baby girl is now playing happily in heaven with the angels.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I will continue to pray for your family. Thank you for sharing Katie with us. She has touched my life and will not be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so sorry! Your little angels life has blessed so many! Thank you for sharing and continued prayers to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  30. We only heard your story a few days ago, but our hearts were deeply touched by your story and we've been praying for all of you.

    We're so sorry for you loss, but glad that Katie is safe with the Lord. What a blessing she is experiencing now! If you can sometime, there's a book that was helpful to us: Heaven by Randy Alcorn.

    We pray that the Lord will uphold you, strengthen you and give you blessed peace in the following difficult days. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't know the family at all but have been folllowing your blog every day. I can not even begin to phantom what you are feeling right now. Your little Katie has definitely touch my heart! I'm a dance teacher in Bryan and I can just see her now dancing her way from cloud to cloud wearing the most beautiful wings a girl could hope for! I will continue to lift your family up in prayer and pray that God will give you strength to carry on.

    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  32. My Heart goes out to you and your family for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  33. My deepest condolences, as a cancer family I know how difficult this time is. We recently ( almost 5 mths ago)lost our 10 yr old to osteosarcoma. It has been one of the hardest things we have to go through. It still feels like just yesterday we lost her. I pray for comfort, understanding(which we will never understand WHY?),peace, and for the whole family to get through this.
    May God Bless U!

    caringbridge.org/visit/hope4lilly

    ReplyDelete
  34. My heart goes out to all of you and I will continue to pray for your whole family. I am making a pledge in Katie's memory to cherish and love my children more to try and be a better mother and to show them everyday how much they are loved and such a wonderful gift from GOD. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your journey and to let you know Katie touched so many hearts and will NEVER be forgotten. She is a beautiful angel now sitting with Jesus. I never got the opportunity to meet her but I felt from you and Ashley's post that I got to knew her and it was such a privileged. I will continue to pray for you for all the days to come until we all get to see precious Katie once again. With all the love in the world you sister in Christ.
    Rita Powell

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would like to express my deepest sympathy to you and your family at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  36. May the peace of God, which passes all understanding, guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

    That is the verse that flooded my mind as I read of your precious baby going to be with the Lord. Our prayers are with you as you mourn her loss.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love you and continue to pray for you. Katie will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is such a difficult time and my family and I will be praying you through it. I'm glad Katie got to be with Jesus and is no longer suffering. At the same time my heart breaks for your loss. I pray you find peace and comfort in Christ.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  39. Praying for your family! I only found your blog yesterday, I have 2 little girls myself and I thank you for your blog and reminding me of how short life can really be. Katie now knows there is no more fear, no more pain, no more sadness. God bless your family. Katie is sitting with Jesus now!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. May sweet little Katie rest in peace. We are praying for your family...for comfort and peace beyond all understanding.

    Theresa Williams

    ReplyDelete
  41. We are SO sorry, Christa (and William and Laura Beth). We will continue to pray for you all. Much love to all of you.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  42. i am crying for you now but know that katie is at peace now. i hope the days to come are not too hard. she will be missed

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am so sorry for your loss. I, too, don't know the family, but was touched by an invitation from a friend to join a group praying for Katie on Facebook, and her beautiful shining face in the picture that came with it and have been praying for her and the family. How fortunate she was to be surrounded by the love you all had for her and that of The Lord in your lives. She is, no doubt, in His loving care and keeping. May the peace that passeth all understanding be with you at this time, and may the Lord add His Blessings. Psalm 23.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am praying for peace, comfort, and strength for all of your family. Even though it will be extremely hard to go on without Katie you can have the comfort of knowing that she is no longer in pain and she will no longer suffer in any way. My heart is breaking for little Laura Beth. It will be so hard for her to understand why her big sister is not longer around for her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Katie has run into Jesus' arms and is sitting in His lap, just as she said she would! Continued prayers for all left behind, longing for the day they see precious Katie again.
    Love, Bonnie, John and Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  46. I knew God would take her when he finished building her big beautiful Angel Wings!!! I know they are spectacular & I thank the Lord above for not letting her suffer any longer. She is at peace, I just pray for your family that you find solace in her passing, knowing she is with you everyday watching over!! When u see a rainbow, you will know she is there!!! God Bless you & keep you!! I will continue to pray for you all!!
    Kelli Howle
    Centerville, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  47. Praying for your family. Have peace knowing that Katie and Cody are playing together in Heaven, pain free and whole again.
    Hugs and Tears,
    Mary, mom to Cody-forever 4.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Mother's Song

    I've lost my baby daughter,
    Though not misplaced.
    I feel she's somewhere
    Bound by neither time nor space.
    Perhaps she sits before the Throne
    With radiant face.
    She could be dancing happily
    Like little girls do
    With golden taps beneath
    Each precious little shoe.
    I know she must love music,
    So I'm sure it's true.
    I'm grateful that in Heaven
    She is healthy and strong
    And that she's lulled to sleep each night
    By Heaven's song,
    But I wish I could hold her;
    Is that terribly wrong?
    I sang so often to her
    While she was with me
    And I will go on listening
    For her harmony.
    How sweet to know
    I'll hear it In eternity.

    Lisa L. Easterling
    Copyright 1990

    ReplyDelete
  49. So sry for your loss .Prayers going up. As a father with a daughter with cancer peace be with you all during the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  50. praying for you all. Glad to know Katie is safe in Jesus' arms. praying for peace & comfort.

    thank you for teaching me more about God's unfailing love.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Dear Christa, William, Laura Beth,
    Katie has touched my heart in a way that no one else has. With tears in my eyes as we all mourn her loss, i find comfort in knowing she is embracing Jesus and playing with all of her new friends in heaven. May God be with you in the challenging days ahead. Katie left a legacy that few people do. I love you all so much.
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  52. I really have no words except... I am so sorry for your loss, although I know you are glad the suffering is over and she is with Jesus now.
    She will be your Guardian Angel...I am sure of it. I will be praying for your family as you all go through such a terrible time.

    Love,
    The Lewis Family

    ReplyDelete
  53. I have no words to express how sorry I am for your loss. I will forever be greatful for the lessons your family has taught me. This did happen for a reason and though it may be hard to find that reason, just know that you have touched so many lives during these last few months. Your sweet Katie was an angel all along, the only difference now is that she has her wings.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Through my tears and all because of Katelyn, I rededicate my life to Jesus and the service He wants me to do in life. Katie has done more in her 4 short years to spread God's love than most of us do in 20, 30 or more years. Thank you for sharing her with the world...what a special family you are and you will be blessed because of all the blessings you have given.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Craig, Karen, Justin, and Shelby LaneAugust 5, 2010 at 8:36 PM

    Katie's healed, pain-free, and happy now in Heaven. She has touched so many people in a positive way that she was an angel before she ascended into Heaven. We will keep praying for your family that God will give you strength and ease your grief. Our deepest sympathies to you for your loss. Katie has moved from this world and into Heaven, but she will never be forgotten and she will always be missed. Please take some comfort in that when your time on this earth is done and you ascend into Heaven, she will be waiting for you with open arms and the reunion will be joyous.

    Craig, Karen, Justin, and Shelby Lane
    Midway, TX

    ReplyDelete
  56. Our hearts go out to your family. God bless you and comfort you. Little angel Katie is with the angels that hold her so dear in thier wings.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your daughter touched my soul. Katie's strength,grace and will to live was amazing.I see life so differently now. You know that saying there is a reason for everything and something good always comes out of something bad. Well she sure made that saying stand true.I am 39 years old and cant remember anything tugging at my heart strings like your daughter. You were truely blessed to have the time you did have with Katie. She will forever be my favorite ANGEL!!! God Bless yall and peace and comfort be with you in the following days.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I have no words to express how deeply sorry I am. My heart goes out to your family. Katie has finally earned her wings.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Yes, this journey is finished. God was faithful in His strength, endurance, grace and mercy. The pain and sorrow must be so great but God will be there for you. You have touched so many lives, including ours. My prayer is that you both may rest and recover as Katie is now in Heaven with her Jesus singing praises to her Lord and new best Friend. May God wrap His arms around you both and confort you. We will never forget your "Katie".
    Lois, Clyde, Logan

    ReplyDelete
  60. Your family has been in my constant prayers and will continue to be during this time. May God wrap you in His love over the coming days.

    All our love,
    The Toth Family

    ReplyDelete
  61. Katie truly touched my soul and my heart. I am praying for you and your family. Katie will not be forgotten even by those of us who never met her.

    Love in Christ,
    The Cantu Family

    ReplyDelete
  62. I had been praying for you today and yesterday after reading about your family on my husband's cousin's blog. We will continue to pray...

    ReplyDelete
  63. Dear Christa,

    I went to ETBU with you and learned about Katie from Shannon (Moyer) Mathis.
    I've been praying for you and your family. May God's peace and love surround you and your family. I pray that you will feel God's touch daily and see His hand through all of this.

    God Bless you,

    Jennifer (Switzer) Wood
    Tyler, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  64. William and Christa,
    You and your family are in my heart and in my prayers. Katelyn touch so many people’s lives around the world. She was a brave and beautiful little girl. I know no words can take way your pain but may the wonderful memories that Katie has given you help easy your pain.



    God Bless you,

    Lori


    God Looked around His Garden

    God looked around his garden
    And He found an empty place.
    He then looked down upon the earth.
    And saw your tired face.
    He put his arms around you
    And lifted you to rest.
    God's garden must be beautiful,
    He always takes the best.
    He knew that you were suffering.
    He knew that you were in pain.
    He knew that you would never
    Get well on earth again.
    He saw that the road was getting rough
    And the hills were hard to climb.
    So he closed your weary eyelids.
    And whispered, "Peace be thine"
    it broke our hearts to loose you.
    But you didn't go alone
    For a part of us went with you
    The day God called you home.



    ~author unknown~

    ReplyDelete
  65. I pray for peace and comfort for those of you left behind as that is the hardest spot to be in. I'm so very sorry for your loss, yet grateful that your sweet Katie is in heaven and no longer suffering. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  66. My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight. I am sure the upcoming days will go by in a blur. When all the family leaves the chaos slows down please know that you and your family are loved. God bless and take time to mourn and to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  67. I'm so sorry she is gone, but so happy that it is over for her and for you. Thank you for sharing her story with us to remind of the peace of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I am so sorry for your loss! May God comfort you and your family! I know your little angel is at peace tonight in the arms of her heavenly father and out of pain at last! I am so sorry it had to end this way! We have been praying for little Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I weep with sadness, this sweet little girl suffering - but now completely healed and happy dancing with Jesus. My name is Amanda, I am so sorry for your loss, a loss that no mother or father should ever have to feel. I hope God's comfort swarms you and you feel the peace that he gives you. I have sat up a donations page, I would like to add you to it if you will allow it. God's Treasures - facebook.com/godstreasurestx... please contact me @ littlefeetboutique@rocketmail.com. Again, I am truely sorry and praying for your family.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  70. May you be surrounded by the peace of our Lord. I will continue to pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  71. You are all in my thoughts & prayers. May God comfort you and give you His peace now and in the days to come. God bless you all!

    C.O.L.E. (Caring openly, Loving Eternally) Prayer team
    www.colesfoundation.org

    ReplyDelete
  72. Our hearts break for you and rejoice for her as we hear of Katie's passing. What an inspiration you have been to those of us who have never even met you. I have hugged my kids and told them how much I love them and they mean to me 10 times more each day since beginning to follow your blog. We will continue to pray for your family's healing since there is no more need to pray for that newest little angel's. May God bless and comfort you.
    Dawn Bratton
    Athens, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  73. I bought a cross last night after the vigil to add to my collection on my wall. Each cross has a special meaning to go with it. Last night I bought a beautiful cross, with a smaller cross in the middle. It will be placed on my wall in memory of Katie, and to remind me to hold my little close, for he is a gift from God, just as Katie is. William, I love you and your family dearly. I pray God's comfort for you and yours. Katie is enjoying the company of our saviour right now.....
    love,
    Angie Donaho

    ReplyDelete
  74. Shannon Mathis passed this blog on to friends on FB and it has been a privilege to pray for your family. I know words are merely words right now but I hope all our words offer you some comfort. I pray you feel the prayers being sent on your behalf. Another family I know lost their son, Connor Cruse, to neuroblastoma a year ago (July 2009). Connor's influence still goes on and I know Katie's will, too. She will not be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  75. We are praying for you as you mourn the loss of precious Katie. God has answered your prayers and has taken her home to Him, to a place where there is no pain, there are no tears and she has received the ultimate healing. May He strengthen you as your hearts ache and your tears fall. Your family has been a powerful witness to our Lord Jesus Christ who knows our sorrows and holds us in His strong arms when we grieve. We will continue to pray for you and your family and we praise Him for his comfort and love.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Our love and prayers are with you during this difficult time. May God bless your lives because of your faithfulness and love. Little Katie has touched so many lives in her short life. Although we never met Katie, she made a huge impact on our lives. Our 2 young children prayed continually for Katie and Laura Beth. Even though Laura Beth is only 2, she will feel a deep loss too. Rest assured that Katie is perfect in every way now. She will never be in pain again and is now with our dear Savior who wipes away all tears. Keep up the faith!
    The Price family

    ReplyDelete
  78. saddens my heart.... but she is in a much better place.
    Praying for you and yours.
    ♥

    ReplyDelete
  79. Your family is a true inspiration and taught so many the lesson of having faith. I followed your blog daily as I was losing my husband to cancer. I know that many lives have been changed because of your complete faith in God's will being done. Love and many continued prayers for your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  80. The angels are always near to those who are grieving, to whisper to them that their loved ones are safe in the hand of God.

    My prayers are with you!!
    The Schultea Family

    ReplyDelete
  81. Our hearts are broken as we hear this news. There are just no words to express the tremendous loss you and this world are experiencing in the loss of beautiful, precious and brave Katie. God called his perfect angel home. We pray now for your family that you will find peace. God Bless, John & Brenda (Summers) Riley

    ReplyDelete
  82. As parents that has lost a child our hearts go out to you Christa and William and to little Laura Beth. Take it one day at a time and seek support in GOD your family and obviously your many friends. We always took some comfort in knowing that Steven was in a much better place than we are now and that we would see him again one day. If you should ever need a sympathetic ear of one who has been there our phone is always open to you. day or night 281-570-8344 or 281-570-8335 Talking is one of the greatest comforts. Praying for you in your pain. Gary and Mae Richie (Erin Richie's mother and father in law) (Steven's mom and dad)

    ReplyDelete
  83. May God embrace each and everyone of you in this time of need. Please receive my most sincere sympathy and know that your precious little angel will always be there with you. She now is dancing for our Lord Jesus Christ running round heaven free of pain and suffering and she will be in the door steps of heaven waiting to see you when the Lord calls your name. May God reward you with many blessings for being such great warriors and parents to your two beautiful girls. Much love, hugs and prayers. <33

    ~Yadira Mendoza~

    ReplyDelete
  84. Words escape me at this time! Bittersweet is all that comes to my mind at this point. Thankful that Katie's suffering is over and she is whole again, no pain, no tears, no fear, etc. but my heart breaks for the loss you are experiencing! God is there, lean on Him, He will comfort and strengthen you as only He can! Prayers continue for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I found your blog just tonight off of a friends post on FB. My heart is broken for you and your family, but at the same time, it is happy for you knowing you do not have to watch your sweet blessing from God suffer one more day. Your story of the life y'all have lived for the past 15 months has opened my eyes to realize that we are ALL here on earth by the Grace of God. Praise Jesus for the life Katie had and the time you all had as a family. I am going to go give my two boys a huge hug and kiss in memory of Katie and hit my knees to thank God for all of the blessings He has given me. Your family will be in my prayers daily - Jesus loves the little children, ALL the children of the world! Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  86. I only "met" all of you two nights ago when a friend of Layla asked for prayers for peace and comfort for your family. I believe in prayers and God, but I don't believe in just praying to pray so I spent the last two nights getting to know all of you - you, Christa, an amazing momma who gets pissed about all the right things...you, William, the sweet, strong daddy...you, Laura Beth, the monkey! the baby sister, who has the biggest and hardest job ahead of her, and, you, Little Katelyn...a strong, amazing little girl. One who I'm so sad I only got introduced to two days ago.

    Reading you all has changed me. And tonight, from NYC, I cry, and pray and rejoice with all of you. Rest in peace sweet little girl. Peace, love and comfort to Christa, William and Laura Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  87. I am sorry for your loss, she is in heaven in Jesus' lap. Though her time here was short, she has touch many lives. I will continue to pray for peace and comfort for you and your entire family. May god bless you and keep you close!

    Silsbee, TX

    ReplyDelete
  88. So sorry for your loss.Know that she is in a better place and will not suffer anymore.Know that you will get through this with the Lords help.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I'll miss you lilbit

    ReplyDelete
  90. Brandy Fajkus-Goodwin and FamilyAugust 5, 2010 at 11:37 PM

    I am truely sorry to hear about your loss. I am praying for peace, comfort, and strength. Katie is no longer in pain, and even though it will be extremely hard to go on without her, she is no longer suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  91. A birth certificate shows that Katie was born. A death certificate shows that she died. Pictures show that she lived!! Cherish all the memories and may the pictures bring you comfort as you go through this grieving process. She had such beautiful eyes and such a sweet smile! I pray that God will give you peace and that you feel all the prayers of friends standing in the gap.
    Jack and Jackie Jarrett

    ReplyDelete
  92. Dear Christa and William,
    Thank you for sharing your journey. It has been bittersweet. I am praying for angels of comfort to surround all of you and carry you through your grief. I will never forget Katie who I "met" thru your blog and Nana's entries, Katie has touched my heart and I am forever changed.
    Sending Prayers and love-
    Star Dragon

    Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because dawn has come.
    -- Rabindranath Tagore

    ReplyDelete
  93. Dear Christa and William, my prayers and encouragement goes to you and love ones. Continue in prayer and look unto God the author and finisher of our faith. Take good care and will pray. Lives in God's hand.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Katelyn is dancing and singing, in heaven, with the angels.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Rest in peace, sweet angel. So sad to hear how you have suffered, but am glad that you do not hurt anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  96. I know that words can not express the grief that you are going thorugh right now. Thank you for sharing Katie's story with all of us. She really touched my heart in a special way, she has renewed my faith in our Lord. I pray for peace for your family. I know that she is not feeling anymore pain and yes a true Angel now has her wings. I will be praying for you daily. Katie will never be forgotten. Love to you all....

    ReplyDelete
  97. THANK YOU LORD FOR LOVING OUR SWEET KATIE TO HAVE MERCY ON HER. THANK YOU LORD FOR FREEING HER FROM THIS TERRIBLE PAIN SHE SUFFERED HERE ON EARTH. THANK YOU LORD FOR TAKING HER TO YOUR HEAVEN. WE WILL BE SAD BUT, ALSO REJOICE THAT SHE IS NOW WITH YOU. MOST HEAVENLY FATHER I PRAY FOR PEACE AND COMFORT FOR THIS FAMILY AND HELP THEM THRU THIS DIFFICULT TIME THEY OR HAVING , HELP THEM HAVE COMFORT IN KNOWING KATIE IS WITH YOU. THANK YOU FOR KATIE HAS TOUCH SO MANY LIVES.

    IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY,

    AMEN

    DONNA
    EDNA, TEXAS

    ReplyDelete
  98. There are no words to express my sorrow for you and your family. May God's promise of everlasting life be your comfort. Rest in peace sweet Katelyn. Love, Diana Whitesell

    ReplyDelete
  99. We all want to thank you for sharing your lives with us.Katie has been a true inspiration to many people.If only we all had her faith and strength,I believe she has brought many people closer to the Lord.I know that my following you everyday reminded me that I should as for his help in my life everyday for that I want to Thank Katie and your family.Katie may have gone home to be whole once again but her spirit for ever will live,This I can promise you.Having lost a great nephew that 6 weeks old my family feels your pain,But take comfort in your faith and knowing she is forever safe in the arms of Jesus.Thank you for sharing your life with us!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Sue Persons, TeagueAugust 6, 2010 at 8:25 AM

    William and Christa, I have thought and prayed about you so much during your journey with your little angel, Katie . This morning a friend put the following statement on her facebook page and as I read it I thought about you.

    God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So he put his arms around you, and whispered, "Come to me". With tearful eyes I watched you, and saw you pass away. Although I loved you dearly, I couldn't make you stay. A golden heart stop beating, hardworking hands at rest. God ...broke our hearts to prove to us, he only takes the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Sending prayers and love your way. May God give you comfort and peace and may the words and actions of friends and family show you love and caring. I am in awe of your strength as parents and Katie's strength. Much love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Praying for a peace that transcends all understanding. Praying that our daddy God will be holding you guys close!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Dear William, Christa and Laura Beth,
    I am so deeply sorry for your lose. You are all in my heart and prayers. I pray for your healing. Katie will never be forgotten. Thank you for sharing her with all of us. You have a wonderful family. Draw close to each other as you mourn her death. God bless you all.
    Much love,
    Lois Gray

    ReplyDelete
  104. Dear Family,
    So sorry for your loss of this beautiful girl. You will be in my thought and prayers.
    Lara,
    mom to Hans

    ReplyDelete
  105. I was deeply saddened by the news of your perfect Katie's passing. I only learned about her this week. I think I prayed harder than I have ever in my life for a little angel and her family that I never got to meet. I am so sorry for your loss my family was praying for a miracle for Katie. I am happy that she is no longer in pain and is dancing and singing with Jesus by her side. Please know that Katie will never be forgotten and she has a piece of my heart forever. I know she will forever be watching over you both and her little sister Laura Beth.

    Greatest Sympathies,

    Jennifer Weis
    Colorado Springs, CO

    ReplyDelete
  106. My heart hurts for you, and I'll be praying that God holds you oh so close in the days to come. Thank you for allowing us to glimpse into your journey and for the privilege of praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  107. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. May the Lord's love give you peace. Katie is such a precious angel now and is pain free. AMEN! Your daughter/family has touched our lives and we are blessed for it! I will continue to pray for your family during this difficult time and for the days and weeks to come. Life is so precious and I thank you for sharing your life's story with us.
    God Bless and deepest sympathy,
    Janette Roesler
    Chester, TX

    ReplyDelete
  108. Praying for your comfort and peace during this time of sorrow. Rest in Peace Sweet Katelyn!

    Sending up prayers for your family!
    Jo Anne
    Katy, TX

    ReplyDelete
  109. Sweet, sweet Katie... I'm so glad you are no longer in pain! My heart & eyes do weep for your mommy, daddy & baby sister Laura Beth...I promise to always think of you whenever Monarch's visit my garden...You are a special spirit whose flame will never go out! William, Christa, we've not had the opportunity to meet, but I can say with assurance that your family, and your Katie have touched so many, many lives by being so open and sharing your hearts with all of us. I wish there was something profound I could say that would erase all tears from your eyes and the ache that is felt in your hearts. Having experienced great loss myself, I can relate, and can also say, that life will go on, and you will go on too...some days will be harder than others...I pledge to continue my prayers for you all...
    Mona Wagner

    ReplyDelete
  110. Katie has received her wings. Christa and family now have a special angel watching over yall at all times. We continue to pray for you daily and please accept our deepest sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  111. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can not imagine the pain you are feeling but would like to say that as you can see by so many posts, your daughter will never be forgotten. She will always be remembered as the beautiful, special child she was. Your strength has been an inspiration and I wish you peace and serenity....

    ReplyDelete
  112. Dear William And Christa,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family. May the Lord's love give you Peace and Comfort and know that Katie is in Heaven with our Lord and Savior.

    Blessings,
    Will Metcalf

    ReplyDelete
  113. I'm so sorry to hear about little Katie's passing. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a child, but at least she's not in pain anymore and is at peace.

    Many thoughts and prayers from my family to yours.

    My condolences,
    Kelli McMahon Jenkins and family.

    ReplyDelete
  114. I don't know you or your family but my heart goes out to in your time of need . I hope that you and your family can rmember the good time along with what has happed to your angel , and know that she is in the arms of the lord and in no more pain ... She was a angel lent ,but not given to bud on earth and bloom in heaven

    ReplyDelete
  115. i have just found out about your loss here on earth and see strength that only our God could give....my heart as with many others is with you at this time and with your family and friends. i watched with many others, the gift, God Gave shanna and ryan marsh, return to Him. in keeping up with fb posts i saw shanna ask for prayer for you and you have ours. for you to claim to be selfish to keep her and know the need for your daughter to return to God, also as layla did, well that speaks so much of the integrity and poise and love for our Heavenly Father that you pocess and wow what an awesome creation God made when He made you what awesome parents you were to you lil katie and no doubt her life was full and with no regrets...her accomplishments many and her memories are forever well into eternity, when you meet again knowing the truth, that you will praise and worship our God along side such a wonderful soul that you had the pleasure of bringing into the old world and now forever more to never part again in the new heaven and new earth! Gods word will never turn void for those who have faith and thank you for sharing yours and your life with so many and glorifying God every step of the way! He is holding you all tight and through this He is pleased! well done my good and faithful servant you all will hear too.

    your family in Christ,
    Brian, Wendy, Rebekah & Esther Malaney

    ReplyDelete
  116. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Praise the Lord that Katie is now happy & healed and dancing with Him now. I have been praying for your whole family & will continue to do so... many ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  117. Didnt know Katelyn personally but praying for your family right now.. :.( deep sympathy and hugs.. I know I was told and I cried in band. Sending love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  118. I am so sorry for your loss. Heaven has gained another BEAUTIFUL soul. Fly free, sweet Katie, fly fee!

    Love,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  119. My prayers are with you for peace and comfort at this time. I don't understand any of this, but I can only trust in God.

    ReplyDelete
  120. There was a song I remember that says She not gone shes just away. God be with you at this time of sorrow. Midway, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  121. My girls and I would like to thank you for allowing us to follow you in this difficult journey. We have laughed, loved, hurt and cried at this peek into the past fifteen months of you life. I hope that you will continue to blog or journal(even if it is for your eyes only) for I have found it to be VERY therapeutic in my time of grief. Many more prayers are still to come for you and your family in the days, months, and years ahead...Erin Richie and Girls

    ReplyDelete
  122. I would just like to say that Katie and your family have touched my heart just in the last month that I have learned of her. I just want you to know that you did an awesome job keeping your strength and courage!!! I know that if I was in you situation I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to handle it as well as you have!! Great Job with comforting her!!! She is now in heaven flying around on unbroken wings and is free of pain!! :) May God Bless you and your whole family for this journey that you have had to walk but know in your heart there was great things that have come from it!! Katie has touched my heart and many others hearts all across U.S. as I found out about Katie on facebook!! This has taught me to never take any day for granted as each day maybe my last!! This experience has also taught me to be a better mother!!! Will be praying for you and your family though your time of loss!! I pray for you to have to closure that you need!!

    ReplyDelete
  123. I found you through the Layla Grace website... May God bless you all in your time of need.... Katie was a beautiful girl and is a splendid and radiant angel...

    ReplyDelete