Katie, Laura Beth, William, & I have been having pretty good days lately. Life seems to be getting back into a 'normal' swing of things. Of course, that all has the potential to change with scans next week. I ask you to pray extra hard for Katie and for us. Next week on Wednesday we have to go to Houston to get the medicine put in for her MIBG scan. This will be the first time that her port has been accessed since putting it in. I am a little nervous about how she will do with this. The area around her port is still very tender and they have to put a needle in it to access it. Then on Thursday she has her MIBG scan and we meet with Dr. Russell. Hopefully we will get to see the preliminary results of the scan at this doctor's visit. Katie's blood counts have been good the past week or so and I hope that is a good sign. Part of me wants to say that she is better and the cancer is going away but the 'cancer mom' in me knows that Neuroblastoma is a tough one to beat. I am having faith in God that He is taking care of it all. Today we had a tornado warning...as I stood outside looking up at the clouds rolling around I was awestruck! It is amazing to me that God can make the clouds move so fast and twist and swirl. It looked like someone pulling cotton candy apart and moving it around. And the colors were amazing! I don't think I had ever heard rumbling like this...it wasn't really thunder but just the sound of everything moving around. (No worries there was no tornado touchdown near us.) And I thought, 'if God can do amazing things like that I KNOW He can cure Katie.' I just pray that it is here on earth where I can enjoy her in the here and now. Thank you all for your prayers.
***I also would like to say a big thank you to Carrie Rose's Relay for Life team. They have been wonderful! The food that they have been selling to raise money for their team is delicious. They also got in touch with the Madisonville Meteor, who will be doing a story about Katie. Watch for it in the paper in the upcoming week or so. Thank you to everyone participating in the Relay for Life!
Beautiful words Christa, I am so gald things are going good now. You are so right God is so awsom in his glory. He makes us realize that things are in his control and we are along for the amazing ride. I will be praying of course for next week. Hope youall have a great weekend and next week also.
ReplyDeletePrayers and Email Hugs
Mona White
Praying and our church is praying extra hard as well. Love you, Mom
ReplyDeleteYou're always in my prayers. I will pray extra hard for good news from Katie's scan... God is Good.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lois Gray