Hoping tomorrow will be okay. Feb 5 marks 6 months since Katie went to heaven. It has been a hard 6 months and I miss her each and every day. They say that time heals all wounds but I think that they are mistaken. Time makes it somewhat easier because you get use to living without her but it isn't something that you want to get use to. Little things remind me of her...things we use to do or things that she loved...And though I hope that some day these reminders will make me smile, right now they make me sad because I miss her. Laura Beth has been talking a lot about Katie lately. She says things like "I hug Katie" or "Katie gave me Jessy" (Jessy is Katie's favorite doll that went everywhere with her). It makes me sad and happy. I am sad for what Laura Beth has lost and I am happy because Katie would want Laura Beth to remember her. Thank you for continuing to follow us on this journey...and for praying for us because we still need those prayers very much.
Here are some pictures from the day!
Country Girl!

Praying for you all and sending love and hugs, too.
ReplyDeleteStill praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was teaching, a little boy lost his dad in an accident when he was 2 1/2. He didn't really talk much at all about it for 6 months, then the talk was frequent for awhile, and all good memories. It seemed like it was a "forever etching" of the memories in his mind, because of the peace that could be seen on his face. Sounds like Laura Beth is doing the same.
Love and prayers,
Bonnie, John and Daniel
You are right the pain will just ease and memories will bring smiles some day. You have a right to still feel as you do so just go with it. Gald you and Laura Beth got to be toghether and to some cooking and snowing. I am so glad she still talks about Katie that means Katie will be with her always. You take care today and try to remember the befores with Katie(before her horrible illness) and the goodttimes you had after they found it. I pray for you and you are always in my thoughts.
ReplyDeletePrayers, Love and Email Hugs
Mona
Looks like yall had fun! I wanted snow SO BAD but it missed us! I am so proud of you for being such a good mommy! You have been through so much but continue on for Laura Beth. Know that I continue to pray for your family daily! Love you!
ReplyDeleteMs. Julie
Love the pics of your little snow angel!
ReplyDeleteWhat precious pictures and memories. I think of you and pray for all of you, often.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lois Gray
Aww Laura Beth is so cute! I am so glad you had such a good time.Today was hard. It seems like just yesterday yet so far away. I miss my Katiebug, and time will NEVER heal this wound. Time may take some of the sharpness away, at least I hope someday it will, but all of us have a hole in our lives that will never ever be filled. That is just the way it is. I pray for you and Laura Beth every day for peace and that you feel Jesus close, and I pray the same for me and Ashley and dad too. Try to savor every moment you have with Laura Beth. I miss Laura Beth. Gonna have to visit really soon. Love you. MOM
ReplyDeleteMy Laura Beth has grown! She looks so tall. I am glad she remembers her sister, and I know that "it's the little things that mean alot.." Someday you will smile at the little things. Peace to you, Willam and Laura Beth. Mary Mayer
ReplyDelete